Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Sweeper
Nov 29, 2007
The Joe Buck of Posting
Dinosaur Gum

Grittybeard posted:

Yeah that thing someone posted about deep balls was kind of stunning, Bradford was actually ridiculously good throwing deep last year the few times he was able to. Which is the exact opposite of what I think of Bradford's 2016.

Maybe the eagles receivers are just that bad

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

Please don't hurt any of our players tia

zimbomonkey
Jul 15, 2008

Tattoos? On MY black quarterback?

Metapod posted:

Please don't hurt any of our players tia

Bradberry will tear his ACL and never be the same again.

Durandal1707
Oct 11, 2013

a neat cape posted:

Chargers cut Orlando Franklin

Thought they were going to hang onto him even after they tried shopping him during the draft.

Franklin honestly was really disappointing for the Chargers. Huge liability in pass pro, couldn't really pull and climb into the second level or even get much push in the run game. And it's weird because he was quite good in Denver. It's a shame it didn't work out but the Chargers seem very confident in their options going forward for the o-line, so hopefully it plays out well.

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

spanky69 posted:

Eddie Lacy will order $55k worth of pizza tonight

Otherwise known as the usual appetizer.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Grittybeard posted:

Now those are some Texas outlaw names.

Michael Blake Pinkerton and Billy Ray Johnson look like they come straight out of a movie.

shirts and skins
Jun 25, 2007

Good morning!

Chilichimp posted:

How many bottles of Hydroxycut did he chug over the weekend?

Dude was probably cutting water weight like a desperate mma fighter

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Kalli posted:

NFL Top 100 has been going on apparently and 70-80 is on now:

71 Julian Edelman WR Patriots 87
72 Taylor Lewan T Titans --
73 Philip Rivers QB Chargers 46
74 Harrison Smith S Vikings 73
75 Delanie Walker TE Titans 82
76 Justin Houston LB Chiefs 26
77 Ha Ha Clinton-Dix S Packers --
78 Brian Orakpo LB Titans --
79 Sean Lee LB Cowboys --
80 LeGarrette Blount RB Patriots --

81 Alex Smith QB Chiefs 81
82 Clay Matthews LB Packers 57
83 Calais Campbell DE Jaguars 71
84 Mike Daniels DT Packers 95
85 Chandler Jones LB Cardinals 48
86 Jurrell Casey DT Titans --
87 Travis Frederick C Cowboys --
88 Doug Baldwin WR Seahawks 72
89 Thomas Davis LB Panthers 54
90 Malcolm Jenkins S Eagles --

91 Lorenzo Alexander LB Bills --
92 Everson Griffen DE Vikings --
93 Brandon Graham DE Eagles --
94 Dont'a Hightower LB Patriots --
95 Kelechi Osemele G Raiders --
96 Damon Harrison DT Giants --
97 David DeCastro G Steelers --
98 Adrian Peterson RB Saints 5
99 Malcolm Butler CB Patriots --
100 Joey Bosa DE Chargers NA

61 T.Y. Hilton WR Colts --
62 Cameron Wake DE Dolphins --
63 Chris Harris Jr. CB Broncos 52
64 Casey Hayward CB Chargers --
65 Jordan Reed TE Redskins 77
66 Xavier Rhodes CB Vikings --
67 Greg Olsen TE Panthers 38
68 Geno Atkins DT Bengals 29
69 Jay Ajayi RB Dolphins nice
70 Kirk Cousins QB Redskins 85

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
Aw it's nice to know Ajayi is nice :-)

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo
That's one hell of a drop for Rivers between 2015 and 2016

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Eli Wiggum posted:

That's one hell of a drop for Rivers between 2015 and 2016

I think it makes sense. Like, both years the Chargers offense has been hella injured, but still, he went from:

66% 4800 yards, 29 TD, 13 ints
to
60.5% 4400 yards, 33 TD, 21 ints

and over the 2nd half of last season he faded pretty badly (in large part due to injuries, but hey).

WHOOPS
Nov 6, 2009
Genuinely surprised to see Xavier Rhodes that high. This was definitely his big coming out year but on the Viking defense I'd still rank him behind Everson Griffen, Harrison Smith and Linval Joseph.

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

Jay Ajayi is going to rush for 3,452 yards this year

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

Ehud posted:

Jay Ajayi is going to rush for 3,452 yards this year in his career.
Fixed that so it was more plausible.

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
You truly are a monster :-(

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

Amy Pole Her posted:

You truly are a monster :-(
I have embraced it :(

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo
The Jaguars have been poopy so I understand

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

Eli Wiggum posted:

The Jaguars have been poopy so I understand
And this draft was incredibly poopy so I am extra bitter.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

76 Justin Houston LB Chiefs 26

Don't get injured kids you'll drop 50 spots.

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002

AAAAA! Real Muenster posted:

How's Myles Jack progressing?

Sataere
Jul 20, 2005

Step 1: Start fight
Step 2: Attack straw man
Step 3: REPEAT

Do not engage with me

I don't know. Fournette and Cam are both pretty sweet picks.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!

Kalli posted:

I think it makes sense. Like, both years the Chargers offense has been hella injured, but still, he went from:

66% 4800 yards, 29 TD, 13 ints
to
60.5% 4400 yards, 33 TD, 21 ints

and over the 2nd half of last season he faded pretty badly (in large part due to injuries, but hey).

Last year was the major hit to the receiving Corp. 2015 was the OL injuries

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

Amy Pole Her posted:

How's Myles Jack progressing?
He started slow because of the NFL's arbitrary and archaic rules about the player's college's classes still being in session or something. Then he never saw the field much and when he did he was lackluster at best.

Sataere posted:

I don't know. Fournette and Cam are both pretty sweet picks.
I disagree 100% and hope Dave Caldwell gets fired. I also hope I am wrong and happen to be acting particularly idiotic right now, but, eh.

WHOOPS
Nov 6, 2009

He started slow because of the NFL's arbitrary and archaic rules about the player's college's classes still being in session or something. Then he never saw the field much and when he did he was lackluster at best.

As anyone ever looked at the impact to rookies who can't attended minicamp due to the rules about coming from quarters system? Similar to Myles Jack, Anthony Barr and Erick Kendricks also had slower starts to their rookie seasons but maybe it's just the nature of being a linebacker.

Spintzel
Dec 31, 2007

Distractions makes it better when ya take up the ENTIRE ROAD

I disagree 100% and hope Dave Caldwell gets fired. I also hope I am wrong and happen to be acting particularly idiotic right now, but, eh.

Care to elaborate? Sure Jax doesn't have a decent O line for Fournette. But I'd still take both those picks

Sataere
Jul 20, 2005

Step 1: Start fight
Step 2: Attack straw man
Step 3: REPEAT

Do not engage with me

What would you rather they addressed? From what I can see, they addressed the two most glaring needs on you team. Running back and offensive line. And they arguably got the best players at their respective positions.

What did you want them to do?

GonadTheBallbarian
Jul 23, 2007

Sebastian Vollmer retired

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

I think the problem with drafting Fornette for the Jaguars is that since MJD left, they've thrown a lot of resources at RB, with bad results. In 2014 they signed Toby Gerhart to a decently large contract but he got outperformed by a mediocre 5th round pick, so then they drafted TJ Yeldon in the 2nd round in 2015, who was okay, but not enough, so then they gave a ton of money to Chris Ivory last year.... who sucked and then Yeldon was bad too..

So, either they're not so great at finding RB talent (uh oh) or not so great at working it into their offense (double uh oh). The real problem is the offensive line / passing game issues, but I don't think there were really options in the draft there, and probably not great trade down options. I don't know what they should've done, but I can see why a Jaguars fan would be hesitant about a RB there.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves

GonadTheBallbarian posted:

Sebastian Vollmer retired

He's apparently already lost 70 lbs :stare:

Gumbel2Gumbel
Apr 28, 2010

Intruder posted:

He's apparently already lost 70 lbs :stare:

I read a horrible story about being an offensive lineman in the NFL and they need to do poo poo like eat fried chicken coated in peanut butter to maintain weight.

MrSargent
Dec 23, 2003

Sometimes, there's a man, well, he's the man for his time and place. He fits right in there. And that's Jimmy T.

Gumbel2Gumbel posted:

I read a horrible story about being an offensive lineman in the NFL and they need to do poo poo like eat fried chicken coated in peanut butter to maintain weight.

And wake up in the middle of the night to chug a 2,000 calorie milkshake before going back to bed.

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.

Gumbel2Gumbel posted:

MrSargent posted:

And wake up in the middle of the night to chug a 2,000 calorie milkshake before going back to bed.

I've missed my calling.

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

Ask me about how my football team's success determines my self worth, and how I wish I lived in New Orleans.

Mega64 posted:

I've missed my calling.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it
The thing that got me was Ross Tucker mentioned 2 PB&Js with massive amounts of whole milk just before going to bed

I can't imagine sleeping with that massive rock in your stomach

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

During lance Armstrongs heyday a lot of the cyclists had to wake up every night at like 1 am and get on a stationary bike to keep from dying lol

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Vollmer's had a history of back and shoulder injuries and got injured in training camp last year, so he probably decided to hang it up pretty early.

If you're that huge and need to schedule a surgery where you plan to lose the weight afterwards anyway. Do you like, lose some of the weight first or have the surgery first or what? that seems nuts.

FizFashizzle posted:

During lance Armstrongs heyday a lot of the cyclists had to wake up every night at like 1 am and get on a stationary bike to keep from dying lol

Oh god, the stories of those guys waking up and wondering why the hell their hearts were beating like they were running a marathon in the dead of night.

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal
Suck it Up and Keep Wrestling

FizFashizzle posted:

why?

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
I was roommates with football players for a semester in college due to some mix up--they don't like normies to be with athletes usually. They'd have their football assignment stuff to study (like opposing team's tendencies, etc) and on top of every page in the two linemen's handouts was a bolded reminder to keep eating.

It was nutritional stuff but the basic message was they need to eat.

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

I wonder if it'd be healthier for the NFL and its players to implement weight maximums.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

SKULL.GIF posted:

I wonder if it'd be healthier for the NFL and its players to implement weight maximums.

Somewhere Gilbert Brown gets a chill.

Or would if he was still playing anyway.

• Locked thread