Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Gumbel2Gumbel
Apr 28, 2010

Fenrir posted:

I'd pay to see this. Steve Smith is a national loving treasure.

"Jay, would you say that the Safety biting on that pumpfake is the act of a fuckboy, or just regular trash?"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gumbel2Gumbel
Apr 28, 2010

They're getting out of the game before they Troy Aikman themselves

Gumbel2Gumbel
Apr 28, 2010

I thought the Jay Cutler love was dumb and quite frankly, really embarrassing in TFF

I freely admit I was wrong, and he loving rules.

Gumbel2Gumbel
Apr 28, 2010

McMahan?

Gumbel2Gumbel
Apr 28, 2010

Turdsdown Tom posted:

I have seen that a lot of people are very very angry that this man killed himself so that his family would still be able to have money.

They're just mad he didn't get 1) Raped in prison and 2) Executed.

Edit: I mean the general public, not TFF

Gumbel2Gumbel
Apr 28, 2010

Joey Freshwater posted:

Oh I misread it. I thought she meant the fish tank thing was about domestic violence.

Full disclosure I've no idea who Frank Clark is.

e: or her, for that matter

http://www.seattletimes.com/seattle-news/hotel-clerk-says-frank-clark-threatened-her-admitted-hitting-girlfriend/

Gumbel2Gumbel
Apr 28, 2010

qkkl posted:

Blount is not getting signed anywhere because of personality issues. Only the Pats system can tolerate him because of the cost effectiveness he brings.

He shoved a coach on camera, it's not hard to believe. Even if it was Haley.

Gumbel2Gumbel
Apr 28, 2010

Moxie posted:

Josh Gordon is a victim of the NFL's bullshit and 99% of comments I see on the web are victim blaming. He's being tormented over the tiniest infractions of a useless rule. Meanwhile the league goes through opiates like Wheaties.

Also it's fuckin weird how white players never violate the substance abuse policy apparently

He doesn't even piss hot for actual PED's like the Seahawks.

Gumbel2Gumbel
Apr 28, 2010

iospace posted:

How do you think hockey started

I don't know where you came from, stranger, but you're alright by me

Gumbel2Gumbel
Apr 28, 2010

HOTLANTA MAN posted:

Looking over the Browns schedule, I don't see how they could go less than 11-5. developing 2nd year QB, stiffened defense, contract year RB

You don't see how the Browns won't be contending for a first round bye? Hi I've got something for you
*smacks you in the face with a huge book of NFL History*

Gumbel2Gumbel
Apr 28, 2010

HOTLANTA MAN posted:

Look if Derek Anderson can nearly get the Browns into the playoffs the sky's the limit this year

The Browns as a team have roughly as many NFL starts as Tom Brady

Gumbel2Gumbel
Apr 28, 2010

MY NIGGA D-LINK posted:

The Steelers got even better on offense just by getting Bryant back, and drafting a non-dwarf possession WR. Someone will still get injured, but their redzone offense is markedly improved

Hey when the Browns get 5 wins and a tie this year I'll laugh at everyone from this thread with you

Gumbel2Gumbel
Apr 28, 2010

No Irish Need Imply posted:

I forgot about Bryant so yeah, Steelers got better, too. The whole AFCN is a powerhouse and better than the NFCE.

0 teams in the AFCN have Carson Wentz and that man will league average us to the drat promised land

Gumbel2Gumbel
Apr 28, 2010

Flikken posted:

Edit: I want a real rivalry with Pittsburgh back, not us hoping to injure key players of yours late in the season to screw your post season. But knock down, drag out fights where we are knocking each other out of playoff contention for years running. Oh and gently caress the Steelers.

1 of those teams could have and went...meh.

The Browns know how to stockpile picks, not draft.

Gumbel2Gumbel
Apr 28, 2010

They should release a football pressure slider for Madden. Is Belichick still swapped out for Chad Masterson or whatever as a coach?

Gumbel2Gumbel
Apr 28, 2010

Wrong thread

Gumbel2Gumbel
Apr 28, 2010

korrandark posted:

*raises hand*

He turned Brandon Lafell into a decent WR again. If that isn't proof enough I don't know what is.

Belichick fixed him first

Gumbel2Gumbel
Apr 28, 2010

Nissin Cup Nudist posted:

Lacy clocked in at 253

Congrats :)

lol. probably needed a mike dolce weight cut to get there.

Gumbel2Gumbel
Apr 28, 2010

Intruder posted:

He's apparently already lost 70 lbs :stare:

I read a horrible story about being an offensive lineman in the NFL and they need to do poo poo like eat fried chicken coated in peanut butter to maintain weight.

Gumbel2Gumbel
Apr 28, 2010

SKULL.GIF posted:

I wonder if it'd be healthier for the NFL and its players to implement weight maximums.

No. They NFL would do something stupid like weigh them on game day or 24 hours before and you'd have super dehydrated players dying after UFC style weight cuts.

Which are still super dangerous because only a couple of guys know how to do it properly.

Gumbel2Gumbel
Apr 28, 2010

SKULL.GIF posted:

Doing last-minute cutting would have an impact on your game performance though, wouldn't it?

And in this scenario you'd have weekly weigh-ins or something, and it would at least prevent players from ballooning up to 350+ and/or needing to eat every two hours to maintain.

UFC fighters do all sorts of crazy poo poo. They miss weight cuts and lose purses, get hospitalized, are more prone to concussions, are slower etc.

Some people say it doesn't help at all, some say it gives you a huge advantage if done right. It's terrible for your body long-term though.

Gumbel2Gumbel
Apr 28, 2010

I'm very glad Blount is going to the Eagles. I was a huge fan of him in New England and he had some amazing games. I figure he's got a season or two left.

Gumbel2Gumbel
Apr 28, 2010

GonadTheBallbarian posted:

Yeah, I want him to get paid because lord knows he's earned it

I was at that game where he styled all over the Bills, it was amazing.

Gumbel2Gumbel
Apr 28, 2010

MY NIGGA D-LINK posted:

Hmm, yes. If I squint really hard, i can see how some TFF posters could read that 2000 word earnest screed and still imagine that guy was an artful troll.

Why did he need to mention his Twitter handle was his D and D character...I just would have assumed he thought it was the noise a cartoon dog makes when it sneezes

Gumbel2Gumbel
Apr 28, 2010

Ehud posted:

I feel like I never noticed Parm's posts. The didn't interest me so I always scrolled past them for the most part.

Well cyan

Parm was so annoying

Gumbel2Gumbel
Apr 28, 2010

MY NIGGA D-LINK posted:

Idk, I will be honest and admit, I've never read it beyond skimming bc I am not a masochist

I skimmed and that part was super cringey. Comey left the FBI with less drama

Gumbel2Gumbel
Apr 28, 2010

SHOAH NUFF posted:

I thought it was funny that Parm made a list of all players accused of off-field crimes but added Elway to the list anyways, a brief glimpse of his pre-troll life

Elway grabbed my sister's rear end without even speaking to her so he can gently caress off forever

Gumbel2Gumbel
Apr 28, 2010

Eifert Posting posted:

Parm said I was his favorite poster in the sheep game and so he's a mensch.

What was your name before?

Gumbel2Gumbel
Apr 28, 2010

A big flaming stink posted:

apparently the guy who led the investigation on ray rice is now the special counsel investigating trump.

hopefully he can take brady down for treason with him.

You should follow the D and D thread. There is so much crazy news happening so fast every day is like a Sunday GDT

Gumbel2Gumbel
Apr 28, 2010

Chilichimp posted:

I don't even have the time to do anything but scan for tweets/story links.

the thread had 500 posts between 1:00am and 9:00am

The Donald Trump GDT is just a news aggregator at this point.

There's too much poo poo going on to read it elsewhere, something 3 hours old is not considered current. It's a feeding frenzy.

Gumbel2Gumbel
Apr 28, 2010

Chilichimp posted:

I read a twitter joke that was the same as one made about 24 hours prior about people being caught jumping the WH fence.

Someone in the thread called it out, and the response to the callout was basically, "That was 19 news cycles ago"

The pace of reporting right now is loving bonkers. The NYT and WaPo both broke the "most concurrent readers" record for two different stories on the same loving day. Fox has slipped to 3rd rated news network largely due to their refusal to cover any of this poo poo.

I've never seen anything quite like it. Anyway we should probably shut up about it in this thread and get back to football.

Gumbel2Gumbel
Apr 28, 2010

He'll always have that one game for the Chargers where he looked like Julio Jones but 25 pounds heavier.

Gumbel2Gumbel
Apr 28, 2010

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C5jlDZs7e5M

Gumbel2Gumbel
Apr 28, 2010

Winston. He's doing decently with a much shittier team and line.

Gumbel2Gumbel
Apr 28, 2010

FizFashizzle posted:

He throws up prayers and gets bailed out by far better receivers.

That trend will continue. The prayers, not necessarily being bailed out.

I was going to say nuh uh and then I saw that Dez has been really quiet the last 2 years. Back injuries piling up for him?

Gumbel2Gumbel
Apr 28, 2010

Mike Tanier said that Kelvin Benjamin looks fat and slow, but a lot of early practices they do drills at less than full speed so it's probably an overreaction

Gumbel2Gumbel
Apr 28, 2010

I think he looks terrible but I know nothing about practices. He just moves his knees really high like a Center running the 40 as far as I can tell

Gumbel2Gumbel
Apr 28, 2010

I was Devil's advocating that if he was a legendary kicker it was worth it.

Unfortunately you never loving know with the draft so of course he turned out to be a turd.

Gumbel2Gumbel
Apr 28, 2010

https://twitter.com/GarenJArargil/status/867051001035059202

BEST SHAPE OF HIS LIFE. I BELIEVE.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gumbel2Gumbel
Apr 28, 2010

I just had a daymare about Nick Foles outplaying Wentz for the starting job.

• Locked thread