Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Durandal1707
Oct 11, 2013

Flikken posted:

Cleveland Browns, Baltimore

God drat

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Durandal1707
Oct 11, 2013
Favre legitimately used to break his WRs fingers because he had such a powerful arm and absolutely no touch whatsoever when he threw the ball, as you see in the gifs. He'd just rifle that poo poo all over the place. Sterling was perfect for him early in his career, because he was such a strong, powerful and smart receiver because he'd always in the place to catch one of Favre's absurd bullets.

When Shannon Sharpe was inducted into the HOF, he said something to the effect that he was only the second best Sharpe in the family. If Sterling hadn't hosed his neck up, we'd be talking about him as the second greatest WR after Rice because his stats from his second year until his retirement were loving ludicrous by today's standards, let alone when he played in the 90's.

Durandal1707
Oct 11, 2013
Probably in Dunlap's case. He has a really extensive injury history with concussions and should probably call it a career at this point.

Durandal1707
Oct 11, 2013

MrLogan posted:

I think the Chargers are a good team. If they don't have the injuries this year like they have the last two, they could win the division.

I feel like you can say this about pretty much any team the Chargers have had since 2006 though.

FWIW as a Bolts fan: 8-8 is probably their most realistic ceiling. I do think they're be a less hot and cold offense this year by virtue of drafting Lamp and Feeney; the interior of the Chargers o-line was trash last year except for Slauson and one of those guys starting is a big improvement over either Fluker or Franklin. M. Williams is the kind of big, physical WR that does well with Rivers and it gives them a viable replacement for Keenan Allen if he can't stay healthy (he won't), and overall the future at both WR and TE is pretty exciting. I do also think switching to a 4-3 scheme will massively benefit the personnel they have on the roster.

Otoh, they're not as deep at CB and d-line as they appear on paper (Verrett will always miss time from injuries. Bosa's a legitimate stud but Ingram and Attaochu are so hot and cold, it's hard saying what those two will give you as pass rushers), and their safeties are VERY unproven aside for Addae, who's not a good player. I think they'll be an exciting team to watch for this coming season, but it's really hard for me to see them as a playoff squad right now.

Durandal1707
Oct 11, 2013
Roethlisberger reminded me of a way bigger John Elway when he was younger, which makes sense given that his number is a reference/tribute to the latter I guess. Same kind of crazy streakiness too.

Durandal1707
Oct 11, 2013
Eli's the very definitely of the phrase "it's better to be lucky than good".

Durandal1707
Oct 11, 2013
Never fear Ross, Tre Boston's here!

We're so boned lol

Durandal1707
Oct 11, 2013
Bradford really could've been a great QB if he hadn't been Alex Smith'd early in his career.

That and, well, the exploding knees. I'm genuinely surprised he survived last season with how bad the Vikings' o-line was.

Durandal1707
Oct 11, 2013

a neat cape posted:

Chargers cut Orlando Franklin

Thought they were going to hang onto him even after they tried shopping him during the draft.

Franklin honestly was really disappointing for the Chargers. Huge liability in pass pro, couldn't really pull and climb into the second level or even get much push in the run game. And it's weird because he was quite good in Denver. It's a shame it didn't work out but the Chargers seem very confident in their options going forward for the o-line, so hopefully it plays out well.

Durandal1707
Oct 11, 2013
Addae is what would've happened if Rodney Harrison had no discernable football skills other than 'hit people' and 'get injured all the time'.

Hated the Chargers giving him a long term deal. He's just not that good.

Durandal1707
Oct 11, 2013

DariusLikewise posted:

I don't understand why the NFL won't do IR like any other league ever and just make it a place to move players on and off the roster.

Because the NFL's run by total morons, writ large.

Durandal1707
Oct 11, 2013
wanna dance and have some ribs with Big Vince rn

Durandal1707
Oct 11, 2013

Grittybeard posted:

Yeah I kinda liked the Parm that just talked endless poo poo on the Raiders. Then every gimmick/dumb thing just got progressively worse until the end.

I was just a lurker around the time but it really seemed like he snapped when the Chiefs traded for Alex Smith, some poo poo about Reid and co. repeating the mistakes of the Pioli regime.

Which is absurd in retrospect because while Smith isn't that good, the Chiefs have been way more successful since then, but then I never said Parm was a smart man either, so.

Durandal1707
Oct 11, 2013
I've seen that game recently also and yeah, that defense sucked.

I don't think the Colts even punted in that game.

EDIT: yeah they didn't.

Durandal1707
Oct 11, 2013

Gumbel2Gumbel posted:

He'll always have that one game for the Chargers where he looked like Julio Jones but 25 pounds heavier.

Yeah, the Chargers were playing the Chiefs at Arrowhead in 2013, Green took a quick hitter and went something like 76 yards down the field for the score. It was ridiculous because he basically left the rest of the field choking in the dust behind him. He was ultimately really frustrating because the dude had outrageous ability, but he didn't get coached up well enough and he had concussion issues even by the time he left the Chargers.

EDIT: it was actually 60 yards. It was also still completely ridiculous to see a 240-ish pounder run that fast, so

Durandal1707 fucked around with this message at 03:22 on May 19, 2017

Durandal1707
Oct 11, 2013
Green ran the 40 at 4.43 seconds when he was 50 years old.

That's.. mind-boggling.

Durandal1707
Oct 11, 2013
Dez was also coming back from the foot injury from last year and both him and Dak didn't have great timing with each other. I'd expect that to change this coming season.

Durandal1707
Oct 11, 2013
He's spot on about Rivers though.

Flacco's way loving better than 27th lol. He's a good QB, you just need a running game to get the most out of his deep passing ability and the Ravens haven't really had that for the last couple years for reasons outside of his control.

Durandal1707
Oct 11, 2013

FizFashizzle posted:

ahahaha look at 2011-2013 for Carolina, the end of the Hurney regime.

edit* never mind, misread it

here, have god_hates_gays.tweet

https://twitter.com/MarkDulgerianOS/status/867850251373232129

The craziest play Reggie White ever did was dwarf tossing Larry loving Allen one-armed during the 94 thanksgiving game.

Holy hell

Durandal1707
Oct 11, 2013
I know the top 100 list is kinda trash but Yanda and Williams got hosed

Durandal1707
Oct 11, 2013

SHOAH NUFF posted:

Keenan Allen, Mike Williams, Travis Benjamin, Tyrell Williams and Dontrell Inman is an insanely deep and good WR group

I'm really high on T. Williams personally; he's like Malcom Floyd but MUCH faster and more agile, so he isn't just a jump ball WR. I'm probably being homer-ish but I do think he'd have the potential to really be a top WR in the league if he cleans up his route running a bit.

Durandal1707
Oct 11, 2013
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hoWorkDQ4r8

Kurt Warner was pretty good.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Durandal1707
Oct 11, 2013

SKULL.GIF posted:

also sportswriters not putting TO into the Hall and citing that it's because no one they interviewed liked him completely and utterly delegitimizes the Hall as anything but a popularity contest

The continued snubbing of Don Coryell alone delegimized the hall years and years ago.

• Locked thread