Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Imagine losing your job for passing on a Texas Tech QB

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

codey

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Players are assets and not human beings

- A reasonable person

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

He's upset and you're here to say "Tough poo poo" over and over

No one is claiming his job should be 100% protected, but it's not some moral failing on his part to be unhappy with his replacement being drafted immediately and without any heads up. "Leaks" notwithstanding they could at least say something before the pick is announced or hell, once the trade was made

e: I will say you seem to be a bit of an apologist considering you previously claimed third round picks have little to no value so the trade was fine

Intruder fucked around with this message at 20:28 on May 1, 2017

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Dexo posted:

The Third choice available now is Mitch is actually good and the Bears finally have a QB who will worth a drat. the odds on that(or most drafted QBs tbh) are slim.

The Bears had a QB who was worth a drat for years, too bad they never had a line to protect him but still wanted him to run an offense of slow developing plays

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

DariusLikewise posted:

Sign a poo poo-tier QB and then accumulate as many picks and talent around that poo poo-tier QB as possible for 2 seasons, THEN trade your entire draft away for a first round QB. That sound be the blueprint for every awful team.

The Texans until this season relentlessly ignored that final step

Then probably traded up for the wrong QB

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

DariusLikewise posted:

You have Hopkins, Fuller and Miller which is a good WR/RB combo, Fedora seems like a decent enough tight end. No idea what the Texans O-Line looks like.

They've had a very solid team that just needed a plug-in at QB for three seasons now

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I wish it had been like with Detroit Dogg where whoever bought it forgot to make it big and/or red

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Mike Glennon?

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Again, they traded two thirds and a fourth to move up one spot and take a player who would have fallen to them anyway

e: Likely would have fallen to them anyway

Intruder fucked around with this message at 23:39 on May 1, 2017

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

evilweasel posted:

He may get sacked much more because the line is bad.

Welcome to your future, Deshaun

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Why do you have Brees listed as a first

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Mahomes at 5 would have been :stare:

I'm glad it didn't happen not just to reduce the Titans draft capital but also because the Texans probably would have panicked and traded up into the top 10

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

So someone made this I guess

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Charles to the Broncos can go gently caress itself IMO

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Dexo posted:

High football IQ = cashing out after the rookie deal and not getting killed as a 5'7 running back.

High football IQ is cashing out after the most undervalued part of your career before signing the second contract, aka the contract where players actually make money?

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Also: Andre Johnson, Indianapolis Colt AND Tennessee Titan :argh:

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

wandler20 posted:

Actually, it's Albert Haynesworth, Tampa Bay Buccaneer.

I have my own reasons to hate that he was a Buccaneer :(

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

weird Asian candy posted:

This needs to happen. I want to hear Don't Care Bear Jay Buttler making GBS threads on everyone and everything on national TV.

https://twitter.com/MySportsUpdate/status/860155041361080322

The Texans are so dumb

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Elephanthead posted:

Obama has to be the Falcons.

Obama is the Giants, shows up every four years to defeat evil (but is limited to two terms, allowing evil to win four years after his last victory)

Intruder fucked around with this message at 07:08 on May 5, 2017

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Chilichimp posted:

Nah, I'm fine with Cam being Willie Wonka.

Obama is clearly McNabb.

Nah, George HW Bush is McNabb :barf:

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Jiminy Christmas! Shoes! posted:

How the hell is it the two best free agent quarterbacks in the last five years both decided to go into broadcasting instead of playing???

Literally would not return his calls :stare:

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Probably Magic posted:

I think Jay Cutler can go gently caress himself, and yet, I still can't stop laughing that the Texans think they're not beggars but choosers.

I've watched so many videos of Deshaun Watson throws that I've convinced myself he has a legit shot at being successful, help me

(man he looks like poo poo against Oklahoma in the 2015 Orange Bowl so far)

Intruder fucked around with this message at 23:05 on May 5, 2017

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Calling a Bears-Titans game in 2017 is the modern equivalent of Sisyphus pushing the rock up a hill for all eternity

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

SKULL.GIF posted:

losing makes you fat, support the Packers/Patriots

"Winning makes you eat less saturated fat"

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

AggressivelyStupid posted:

That looks real gross

wrong

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Spintzel posted:

Lol there is a Robert E Lee High School in Baton Rouge too. Except they just decided to call it Lee High School thinking no one would ever question who the Lee was.

Also when will the internet stop calling things Thing McThingFace. It was only funny once and now it's just lame

To be fair, this is from like 3-4 years ago

e: Also glad to prevent any potential Lokey snipes

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I really really wish Lloyd had still been around for that game

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Was that the thing about him being a cuckolded dude or something

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

MrLogan posted:

I think you are vastly overestimating the NFC teams if you think that 6 or 7 of the best 10 teams were NFC. The Ravens are better than every team in the NFC other than the Falcons and Cowboys and they aren't considered immediate contenders in the AFC.

Break down:

NFCE - One good team, a couple of average teams, one bad team
NFCW - One above average team, one below average team, two bad teams
NFCS - One good team, one average team, two bad teams
NFCN - One above average team, one average team, two bad teams

There are a lot of bad teams in the NFL at the moment.

lol

Now do the AFC for comparison, I'm dying to see more

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Just realized Revis is still a free agent. Wow, his fall was fast

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

He's two years removed from being worth risking league punishment for tampering to give him an enormous contract

Well now that FAs don't count against comp picks I wonder if the Texans can find a FA RT to relieve some of the pressure. Who's even left who doesn't blow? Could be the difference between squeezing out a couple wins or not., tired of seeing pass rushers just rip one right by Clark

Fart

Are Vollmer and Dunlap physically done at this point?

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Hot Diggity! posted:

Hey guys who knew that Frank Clark was a huge piece of poo poo??

https://twitter.com/MichaelDavSmith/status/862307428469231616

What a shock that a lot of people don't care how much you beat up women if you can play football well

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Reminder that he didn't apologize for what he said and did, he apologized if anyone was offended

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

The Broncos are a good team, the Packers are not

The Chargers are above average

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

MrLogan posted:

The Broncos are much better than the Packers. So, yes? The Broncos lost one more game (9-7 vs 10-6), but had a much harder schedule last year; .508 vs .549 SoS.

CyberPingu posted:

Ahh I get it now. You are trolling. It makes so much sense

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

The Ravens went 8-8 with a .484 SOS, are a good team

The Packers went 10-6 with a .508 SOS, are not a good team

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

weird Asian candy posted:

I feel you are putting way too much effort into an arbitrary list from some dude on the internet

I'm having fun with it honestly

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Without Olivia Munn draining him of his vigor who knows what heights Rodgers may reach now

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

a new study bible! posted:

I think the Buccs will make the playoffs next season.

I think the Texans will win 11 games

• Locked thread