Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Will Jon Jones ever fight in the UFC again?
This poll is closed.
Yes 59 56.73%
No 45 43.27%
Total: 104 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin
And he got a 45 day medical suspension. It's not like they're throwing him back in there tomorrow.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin
JDS is 4th in the HW rankings, so he should be fighting someone in the top 5 or just outside of it. Who do you want him to fight that isn't "so dangerous"? It's heavyweight. Everyone at heavyweight hits like a freight train.

Maybe Travis Browne I guess? He still hits hard but gets boxed up by JDS pretty easily I'd say. Can't imagine the payday would be as good for fighting the 9th ranked guy as opposed to the 5th ranked.

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin
Well, putting him in with Mark Hunt is a good way to determine how durable he is. Really looking forward to that Auckland card, guess it's too late at this point in time to get Kai Kara-France on it though.

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin
Embedded #1 for 212 is up. I completely forgot that was this weekend.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1l-F1oHWY7s

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin
I dunno, Moraes seems pretty great but it's been three and a half years since he fought someone with a wikipedia page. Assunção is pretty good, so if Moraes can get past him I will absolutely say Moraes belongs playing with the big boys*.

*metaphorically big

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin
Yeah it was their "biggest show ever", and of the three cards that weekend, it was the third best.

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin

mewse posted:

Lol will the UFC simply close this division

This is the only recourse. Cyborg has shown she's not even remotely reliable, de Randamie wants out, let's just pretend W145 never happened and go on with our lives.

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin

tumor looking batty posted:

That was the first card I ever saw and it honestly turned me into an MMA fan.

189 for me, and same.

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin
He really is. We've got some potentially incredible fights coming up. I'm not the biggest Aldo fan in the world but I don't for a second let that influence my opinion of him as really really really loving good with an easy entry into the GOAT argument.

gently caress Khabib for loving up his weight cut, I was really looking forward to the Ferguson fight. I think there would have been more impetus on Conor to come back and defend a title if there was absolutely no question who he would be fighting next as well.

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin
Time to dig up your "Khabib will never fight for a UFC title" posts, lads.

https://twitter.com/UFCInsiders/status/869906745925283840

Tweet already deleted, so it could have been bullshit. Looked like this.

Memento fucked around with this message at 14:27 on May 31, 2017

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin

Charles Gnarwin posted:

If there is one UFC fighter that is composed of mostly corned beef, it is Mark Hunt.

Nahh he's 78% by weight KFC.

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin
Right you lot, it's the first of June, we've got a couple of huge months of UFC-branded MMA action coming up with 9 cards in the next 8 weeks. Hit me with some titles and I'll get the new thread up tonight.

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin
https://twitter.com/AlexTheMauler/status/870188441098752000

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin
New thread is up! Can't remember whose title idea I used, so thanks to you know who you are.

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3822468

Chris Camozzi's contract expired and they didn't bother renewing it lol.

• Locked thread