Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Will Jon Jones ever fight in the UFC again?
This poll is closed.
Yes 59 56.73%
No 45 43.27%
Total: 104 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Trast
Oct 20, 2010

Three games, thousands of playthroughs. 90% of the players don't know I exist. Still a redhead saving the galaxy with a [Right Hook].

:edi:

A contest to decide who gets throttled by a bigger, better hydrated Joanna Champion sounds like a mixed bag. I'm sorry, Joanna Double Champion.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Trast
Oct 20, 2010

Three games, thousands of playthroughs. 90% of the players don't know I exist. Still a redhead saving the galaxy with a [Right Hook].

tumor looking batty posted:

When are the new owners going to let go of Dana?

Dana is the public face there to take any praise or blame while the new owners sit back silently counting piles of money.

Trast fucked around with this message at 19:37 on May 5, 2017

Trast
Oct 20, 2010

That is a bad injury for a fighter who isn't making bank to come back from. Sucks for Joe.

As far as the GSP vs Bisping that Dana White press release is really odd. You'd think Dana would have taken all the shots in the world at GSP if he had tested positive after the noise GSP made about testing while he was still active. And they would have just said if it was an injury concern. It probably had something to do with money.

Trast
Oct 20, 2010

Keven joking aside I was making the point that if GSP really had popped for something Dana White would be crowing about it to every reporter he could. Since he hasn't I don't think it is likely.

Trast
Oct 20, 2010

Yoel's never going to fight Bisping since he'll piss hot. Jacare won't because he's literally a million years old and will piss hot. Bisping will retire after beating an unretired Rich Franklin in a five round decision.

Trast
Oct 20, 2010

Bluedeanie posted:

Yoel is older than Jacare

By his birth certificate he is but I feel like the HGH he injects is far younger.

Trast
Oct 20, 2010

Brown Paper Bag posted:

Joanna is also seeing eating good food in the first two embeddeds , thus displeasing the MMA Gods who will punish her by making her miss weight

That would be the most MMA thing to happen. In all the promo stuff and social media ahe has looked to be in really great shape.

Trast
Oct 20, 2010

Cyber Dog posted:

she coulda made an effort to stay much bigger this camp bc she knows andrajde is gonna push her around. she also abandoned her usual intimidation tactics in the buildup, which is interesting.

Jessica's assessment had a realistic candor that makes me think she has a good chance. she straight up says that jj is the more complete fighter but that shes going to be afraid of getting hit

They are both from the same fight camp. And as Joanna tells it Jessica was one of the first fighters at the camp in the same weight class to stick up for her when she moved from training in Poland to ATT. So there is probably a measure of respect there.

Trast
Oct 20, 2010

Cyber Dog posted:

i didnt know that! thats p cool

Of course having moved to American Top Team that might mean Joanna has been seduced into taking just as many steroids as Andraste.

Trast
Oct 20, 2010

Lord Waffle Beard posted:

There is no argument against "PED"s that makes any sense. If you're an athlete, ideally, everything that you put into your body is a PED, and to differentiate between a banana and a steroid is retarded. Yes, even if your job is to concuss your opponent

I don't believe prolonged banana consumption shrinks your testicals or makes your heart explode.

Trast
Oct 20, 2010

Skip My Posts posted:

sounds like rockhold wants to fight mousasi

I am completely for this fight.

Trast
Oct 20, 2010

Bubba Smith posted:

Dana clarified: TJ would be dropping to 125 to fight Mighty Mouse for the belt.

On one hand it's not like Mighty Mouse has anyone left to fight. On the other with so many fighters having weight cutting issues TJ dropping ten pounds while being a tiny man seems like a recipe for a weight cut mishap.

Trast
Oct 20, 2010

I still think it is funny how big the belt is compared to her. The tiniest undisputed champion.

Bundt Cake posted:

Stipe would kill jon jones

kensei posted:

This is a thing I'd enjoy watching

Seconded.

Trast
Oct 20, 2010

What is cool for fight fans is that Joanna probably hasn't hit her peak of improvement yet due to just moving to a real high end camp. She can probably clear out 115 by the time 125 starts up and she can go for the second belt. Someone like Andrade could probably take over at 115 then given how young she is.

Trast
Oct 20, 2010

I think of Hunt weathering Stipe for five rounds was less about survival and more about that referee wanting to peel years off Hunt's life.

Trast
Oct 20, 2010

Maybe the UFC low balled MM on the fight offer?

Trast
Oct 20, 2010

I recall hearing that the best data on concussions has come from doctors studying head injuries from Iraq and Afghanistan. It has lead them to redesigning the helmet a few times. Which makes football even more depressing when you consider that an NFL player has a brain that looks like it has been blown up by an IED.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Trast
Oct 20, 2010

Chrom1um posted:

She's just doing what we're all thinking.

Also, holy poo poo DJ vs. TJ is an actually great Flyweight Title fight (on paper), good on the UFC for that.

Cat's going to make a man out of our pretty boy. :3:

• Locked thread