Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Will Jon Jones ever fight in the UFC again?
This poll is closed.
Yes 59 56.73%
No 45 43.27%
Total: 104 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Nierbo
Dec 5, 2010

sup brah?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nierbo
Dec 5, 2010

sup brah?
A rare appearance by Lew Polley, the receipient of 'we are kicking you off the show, is that okay for you?'

Nierbo
Dec 5, 2010

sup brah?

Captain Log posted:

I think half the people here could be better striking coaches than most pro-fighters have, but so would a speak and spell shouting "punch the face!

YOU CAN DO WHATEVER YOU WAANT

Nierbo
Dec 5, 2010

sup brah?

cis autodrag posted:

Next you're going to tell me the strap is pleather.

What if I told you championships below 155 don't count?

Nierbo
Dec 5, 2010

sup brah?

Work Friend Keven posted:

I don't want to consider the steroid opinions of a man who is currently using steroids to go from 135 to 148, no offense.

Why? Thats heavier than former world champion and noted acne cream user, Chad mendes.

Nierbo
Dec 5, 2010

sup brah?

Lord Waffle Beard posted:

There is no argument against "PED"s that makes any sense. If you're an athlete, ideally, everything that you put into your body is a PED, and to differentiate between a banana and a steroid is retarded. Yes, even if your job is to concuss your opponent

If youre both doing it, then its back to even.

Nierbo
Dec 5, 2010

sup brah?

Skip My Posts posted:

from what i've seen personally long term steroid use can have pretty rough effects on guys health. a couple guys on my wrestling team in college that were abusing steroids went on to have severe heart issues or other weird poo poo. i don't really know poo poo about it tho so maybe there were a lot of other factors like how they were cycling or maybe they were taking bull steroids or something

Bzasically your heart can permanently change shape and can stop pumping blood around nearly as well. Here's some poo poo that 99% of you won't care about :

quote:

A recent study from a cardiovascular research group in Denmark followed the progress of 9 former athletes who all suffered from heart failure. Five of them were former athletes: an elite former boxer; a professional weightlifter; a bodybuilder; and a former pro ice hockey player. The other four patients, while not athletes, were chronic high-dose steroid users. Their ages ranged from 25 to 49. None had previously had CVD,or shown any genetic predisposition to having heart failure. The use of steroids by these men varied from two months to 15 years.
The men had experienced symptoms that ranged from 3 weeks to 3 months before entering the hospital. The primary symptoms included difficulty breathing and spitting up blood. Six of the patients had pulmonary edema (accumulation of fluid in the lungs due to failure of the heart to pump blood efficiently), while two others complained about edema or water retention in their legs, another indication of heart failure. One patient reported chest pains, but tests ruled out the presence of a heart attack. All the patients did show elevated heart rates, with one showing atrial fibrillation, an abnormal heart rhythm generated in the upper heart chambers. An EKG test of the men revealed that the left ventricular ejection fraction, a measure of the heart's pumping power, ranged from 10 to 27%. Normal values are 50 to 70%. What this means is that in some of the men their left ventricle was pumping only 10% of the normal blood volume. The men were treated in the hospital for one to seven days. Two of the patients were given left ventricular assist pumps, which kept their heart working until they had heart transplant surgery. All were discharged alive from the hospital.

After being discharged from the hospital, the patients were provided with drugs to treat their heart failure.These included ACE-inhibitors, which lower blood pressure and thus relieve heart stress; Beta-blockers, which also block excess stress on the heart; and diuretics to help prevent or reduce fluid accumulation in the lungs. None of the patients showed complete recovery of their loss of heart function, despite the treatments. Two underwent full heart transplants 14 and 18 months following initial assist-device implantation. One patient did improve his ejection fraction rate from 27 to 49%. This guy used steroids for years. But another patient, who only used the drugs for 6 months, didn't respond to treatment,and had to have a heart transplant.

Most of the other patients also showed improvements in ejection fraction, but none ever reached normal minimal levels. Again, the rate of improvement was likely related to their responses to the steroid use. Some were clearly more damaged than others.

Nierbo
Dec 5, 2010

sup brah?

Skip My Posts posted:

yeah thats hosed up how do you measure the truly long term effects like causing cancer

quote:

While steroids don't directly cause cancer, they do boost levels of another hormone, insulinlike growth-factor-1 (IGF-1), which is known to speed the process of mitosis, or cell division. This is significant because the core mechanism of cancer is uncontrolled cell division. So, if you have a dormant tumor somewhere in your body, it may be activated by the increased IGF-1 that occurs as a result of high dose steroid use.

So you need to have predisposition to it anyway, it just speeds it up. Which is terrifying, but synthetic hormones aren't actually 'giving you' cancer.

Nierbo
Dec 5, 2010

sup brah?

Lord Waffle Beard posted:

I don't think combat or enhancing your performance are wrong

No one's gives a poo poo

Nierbo
Dec 5, 2010

sup brah?
Hope its just cupping :(

Nierbo
Dec 5, 2010

sup brah?
Woodley would flatten maia. Does anyone think Maias single is really that good?

Nierbo
Dec 5, 2010

sup brah?
Its like Fitch all over again

Nierbo
Dec 5, 2010

sup brah?

Dangersim posted:

My ex just wrote on Facebook that Luke Rockhold just walked in the spa she works at. I'm feeling very inadequate.

Does she spit or swallow?

Nierbo
Dec 5, 2010

sup brah?
She said he was being "cock strong"

Nierbo
Dec 5, 2010

sup brah?
Sorry Reebok
https://youtu.be/bzFL30iBDAI?t=1290

Nierbo
Dec 5, 2010

sup brah?

Tezcatlipoca posted:

Reebok is owned by Adidas.

I see.

Nierbo
Dec 5, 2010

sup brah?
Id like to see Derrick Lewis tighten up his striking game and become more relevant too. Hes pretty durable and hasnt taken much damage as of yet.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nierbo
Dec 5, 2010

sup brah?

Josuke Higashikata posted:

Mayweather will gently caress him up barring a miracle and McGregor's air of MMA invincibility isn't especially large considering he got choked out by Nate Diaz last year.

Uh, have you spoken to dangersim lately?

• Locked thread