Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Will Jon Jones ever fight in the UFC again?
This poll is closed.
Yes 59 56.73%
No 45 43.27%
Total: 104 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
chaleski
Apr 25, 2014

https://mobile.twitter.com/JonnyBones/status/858584815574040576

https://mobile.twitter.com/JonnyBones/status/858621572327788544

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

chaleski
Apr 25, 2014

Fozzy The Bear posted:

e: and apparently: Mauricio 'Shogun' Rua calls for fight with Anderson Silva: 'If I had two entire months, I would take it. I have a lot of respect for Anderson, but I would take the fight'

That would be an extremely cool fight

chaleski
Apr 25, 2014

I'm coming here tonight because I want to gently caress... I want tooo... fight with Cowboy

chaleski
Apr 25, 2014

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-nd3_-BOPDw

chaleski
Apr 25, 2014

Nate Quarry is from an era where concepts like "lateral footwork" and "head movement" were cutting edge

chaleski
Apr 25, 2014

cis autodrag posted:

Also actually bringing your hand back. So many guys throw jabs where the leave it out for a couple seconds and let their hand just kinda fall to their waist before bringing it back, and that's all time that half of your guard is down. As soon as someone times your jab, that sort of technique gets you put down.

Yeah I could see why your average novice striker in 00s MMA would be hesitant to add jabs to their game when "big right hand" was some fighters' entire striking game

chaleski
Apr 25, 2014

Gzuz-Kriced posted:

From what I read about that quote from Bas the idea was that the risk of throwing a jab isn't worth the small reward for landing it.

I distinctly remember Bas one time saying something along the lines of "why throw a jab when you can just try to knock them out instead?"

chaleski
Apr 25, 2014

cis autodrag posted:

I hope one day MM has enough belts that he will need to hire a private security guard to stay with his dozens of belts at all times.

I want MM to go everywhere draped in a comical number of belts like Shonie Carter used to (or still does maybe?) with his regional belts

chaleski
Apr 25, 2014

chaleski
Apr 25, 2014

Just make a GSP vs Silva 180lb catchweight superfight or something, both of those guys probably shouldn't be near a belt

chaleski
Apr 25, 2014

They've been pretty open since they started USADA testing that they'll keep your samples on file and be able to retroactively drug test you, I thought the consensus was that it's a good thing overall?

chaleski
Apr 25, 2014

Bisping is gonna 48-47 Yoel while doing no damage at all

chaleski
Apr 25, 2014

That's a really good matchup, but I'm starting to think Wideman should maybe just sit in dark room for the rest of the year, I'm legitimately worried about his brain

chaleski
Apr 25, 2014

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MIG4HL37X3M

We don't deserve Joanna and Stipe

chaleski
Apr 25, 2014

Why even have rules at all? Felony Fights is MMA in its purest form

chaleski
Apr 25, 2014

I'm assuming MM vs TJ be a 135 title eliminator? Or has TJ shown interest in 125 before?

chaleski
Apr 25, 2014

We're overdue for another Korean card

chaleski
Apr 25, 2014

So DC-Manuwa at 214, got it

also lol at Jones being in a main event after Dana swore that it would never happen again

chaleski
Apr 25, 2014

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bBNx7_TlNhE

chaleski
Apr 25, 2014

Kang was really good at finding ways to lose fights that he's winning

chaleski
Apr 25, 2014

Anderson had that fight completely won and then walked away and refused to stop celebrating on top of the cage then refused to stop doing Wing Chun with his back to the cage in the next round

For being an all time great Anderson can be a loving moron

chaleski
Apr 25, 2014

Please God don't let Cain get AKA'd again because Stipe-Cain really really needs to loving happen

chaleski
Apr 25, 2014

vainman posted:

Bisping sucks

chaleski
Apr 25, 2014

I'm surprised the reffing in Pride never got anyone killed

chaleski
Apr 25, 2014

Cyborg's reign of dominance over unranked fighters continues

chaleski
Apr 25, 2014

With one half of the division in legal trouble, we get one step closer to pretending W145 never happened

chaleski
Apr 25, 2014

Yeah totally, literally assaulting someone is totally fine if they made a mean comment on the internet

chaleski
Apr 25, 2014

Eat This Glob posted:

Also, does anyone know of an example where a combat sports person was charged for assault/battery on a fellow athlete for extra curricular fisticuffs? If seen enough poo poo at media events/weigh ins at mma/boxing stuff over the years, I just don't recall anyone catching charges on it.

The only example I can think of is boxing where the Harlem Hammer sucker punched someone with his gloves off after losing a decision

chaleski
Apr 25, 2014

Someone can be an unlikable lovely person and still not deserve to be assaulted

chaleski
Apr 25, 2014

Gay Horney posted:

Run your mouth in public the way you do online and marvel at how quickly the world changes around you

I'm sure professional fighters are shocked to find out that talking trash could lead to physical confrontation

chaleski
Apr 25, 2014

tesilential posted:

Also, lmao at the goons who jumped in to quickly point out that hitting people is wrong in the UFC thread.

I know right, us combat sports fans love illegal violence, Krazy Horse and Thiago Silva are the best

chaleski
Apr 25, 2014

I haven't watched TUF in a few years but Garbrandt really can't be worse than loving Ken Shamrock, can he?

chaleski
Apr 25, 2014

kensei posted:

Oh, that was not a criticism of either guy, just amusing coaching advice. Serra was the unofficial coach of the Comeback season as you say, and he was also really good as a coach against Matt Hughes.

Matt Serra rules.

Matt Serra constantly making fun of an over serious, humorless Hughes was always great

"You look like you're taking a tinkle, rear end in a top hat"

chaleski
Apr 25, 2014

Rigel posted:

GSP revealed why he needs so much time to fight. He has a minor eye injury that is healing, and the doctors told him that he shouldn't even spar until September. He also said the UFC knew about it when he signed, and he thought they shouldn't do the press conference with Bisping yet because the timeline for the fight would be so long, but the UFC insisted on it anyway, then tried to pressure him to fight in July. After the UFC pulled the fight, GSP decided to go public with what was happening.

https://twitter.com/MMAFighting/status/868199419400925184

That kinda sounds like a stretch, maybe Dana was right when he implied GSP doesn't really want to fight ever again

chaleski
Apr 25, 2014

Tezcatlipoca posted:

Yeah which part is unbelievable to you?

The part where GSP implied that the UFC wanted him to ignore doctor's orders, for one, and the fact that the first excuse GSP gave to delay the fight was that he wanted to bulk up for 185. The UFC can be pretty lovely with how they treat fighters, but health seems to be the one thing they're (usually) good about. Not including the fact that every time GSP is ready for a comeback he finds a way to back out. The GSP-Bisping matchup was dumb as gently caress but it was likely to fall apart anyway.

chaleski
Apr 25, 2014

Germaine is now outright refusing to fight Cyborg

chaleski
Apr 25, 2014

Fight pass prelims are live

chaleski
Apr 25, 2014

Holy moly

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

chaleski
Apr 25, 2014

Ok what the gently caress

http://www.mmamania.com/2017/5/29/15710600/ufc-womens-145-pound-champ-germaine-de-ramdamie-returning-to-135-pound-division

• Locked thread