Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Will Jon Jones ever fight in the UFC again?
This poll is closed.
Yes 59 56.73%
No 45 43.27%
Total: 104 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Bubba Smith
Sep 27, 2004

Is tonight the greatest moment in Dominick Cruz's life?

No.

The greatest moment in my life was realizing that I didn't need a belt to be happy.
Dana White sending nate a portrait of a giant middle finger is pretty funny. And then later a ceramic middle finger

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bubba Smith
Sep 27, 2004

No.

The greatest moment in my life was realizing that I didn't need a belt to be happy.
if jabs and feints and stuff didn't exist in mma we would be closer to removing the significant strike index, the ultimate goal of making the sport enjoyable

Bubba Smith
Sep 27, 2004

No.

I do think Ben Rothwell could beat a rusty Cain Velasquez, so in theory he coulda been champion.

Bubba Smith
Sep 27, 2004

No.

manyak posted:

Soon they can announce that Mc gregor vs Mayweather isnt happening either and then everything will be back to the sensible normal status quo (Romero beats Bisping then pops for steroids and retires and Bisping also retires and they do Derek brunson vs Vitor for the interim belt)

yes

Bluedeanie posted:

It is possible and it would be Bisping's most legit and least questionable win of his title career yeah, but I still see Yoel doing his One Weird Trick and putting Bisping away.

yep because while Romero is a weird slow fighter he can get the KO at anytime across 5 rounds, and Bisping gets hurt real bad in pretty much all of his fights, so it's gonna happen just by the odds.

Bubba Smith
Sep 27, 2004

No.

Gay Horney posted:

Has romero ever had a five round fight? He can definitely put Bisping to sleep but his cardio is just so suspect. It will be an extremely interesting fight, much more so than waiting till November for GSP and Bisping

machida vs romero was 5 rounds. it only took him 3 rounds to retire the old karate fighter though

yoel romero will for sure gas but he will also cheat his way to a much needed break in the middle of the fight and he will knock out bisping

Bubba Smith
Sep 27, 2004

No.

Skip My Posts posted:

Yoel should smoke him but you never know. Crazy that someone considers Yoel slow

he has bursts of insane athleticism but yoel starts off most of his fights not doing a whole lot. that's what I meant by slow

Trast posted:

It probably had something to do with money.

ufc wants bisping and gsp to fight before november since they will make less money overall if they have a bunch of weak PPVs leading up to whatever November/December card they wanna fight each other on.

Bubba Smith
Sep 27, 2004

No.

eh Frankie is like 35 years old I think. sooner or later he's gonna look real bad.

Bubba Smith
Sep 27, 2004

No.

Bundt Cake posted:

I ate a steroid before I went to bed last night, Peeled in the Napao way

how's your performance feeling today?

Bubba Smith
Sep 27, 2004

No.

Trast posted:

I don't believe prolonged banana consumption shrinks your testicals or makes your heart explode.

bundt can you confirm/deny this??

Bubba Smith
Sep 27, 2004

No.

was that an optical illusion or was DC like several steps above Jon Jones and still shorter than him

Bubba Smith
Sep 27, 2004

No.

Memento posted:

Apparently TJ got to the airport to fly to the conference to discover that his UFC-paid ticket to get there had been cancelled.

UFC is sorta not very professional for being worth a few billion dollars

Bubba Smith
Sep 27, 2004

No.

Apparently TJ Dillashaw wants to fight Demetrious Johnson if the Cody fight is off. that's cool.

Bubba Smith
Sep 27, 2004

No.

sources:

https://twitter.com/bokamotoESPN/status/863197234690740226

https://twitter.com/anezbitt/status/863196434522308608

Bubba Smith
Sep 27, 2004

No.

chaleski posted:

I'm assuming MM vs TJ be a 135 title eliminator? Or has TJ shown interest in 125 before?

Dana clarified: TJ would be dropping to 125 to fight Mighty Mouse for the belt.

Bubba Smith
Sep 27, 2004

No.

I can't think of a better way for Demetrious Johnson to break the title defense record than to fight a former bantamweight champion who is still at the top of his game.

Bubba Smith
Sep 27, 2004

No.

Didn't Bisping give a savage beating to Dennis Kang? I mean, as far as british beatings go

Bubba Smith
Sep 27, 2004

No.

GSP vs Diaz II would sell way more PPVs so I hope they do that fight as a main event over Woodley vs Maia, and then Woodley loses, and Maia retires with the belt, and they just go ahead and give Robbie lawler the title back again

Bubba Smith
Sep 27, 2004

No.

Bundt Cake posted:

i bought it for a long time . f dog talked me out of it

I remember in like 2013 you posted about how you weren't sure if masvidal was a top fighter or not. 4 years and 12 fights later, the question still remains

Bubba Smith
Sep 27, 2004

No.

Skip My Posts posted:

also I have aids

go see a doctor

Bubba Smith
Sep 27, 2004

No.

Tyron Woodley vs Carlos Condit was shaping up to be a great fight before Carlos' knee unfortunately gave out on him. Fighters get hosed Up by leg kicks all the time, that is true, but few if any of them result in full ACL tears + meniscus tears + whatever else happened when Carlos fell down and couldn't stand back up. If leg kicks were that devastating there would be 4 total fights a year cause everybody on the roster would constantly be out rehabbing knee injuries and would all retire before the age of 28.

Bubba Smith
Sep 27, 2004

No.

Bundt Cake posted:

i dont want to see yoel cuz hes a cheat

what about as a stand up comic? He's got a funny voice and he's got jokes

Bubba Smith
Sep 27, 2004

No.

Whittaker stops Romero, within 3 rounds. Which is a thing I never would have said 2 years ago

Bubba Smith
Sep 27, 2004

No.

if they taped up knees real well and put little knee gloves on them chances are carlos condit would have beaten tyron woodley. I'm just saying

Bubba Smith
Sep 27, 2004

No.

handsome only face posted:

I wear a gamer headset 20 hours a day and have brain damage

Bubba Smith
Sep 27, 2004

No.

kinda wish Mighty Mouse wasn't ducking. Hurts his legacy.

Bubba Smith
Sep 27, 2004

No.

demetrious johnson should get as much money as he can and if that's the holdup for not agreeing to fight Dillashaw yet then that's cool. But he's for sure ducking if he keeps persisting TJ needs to make weight first or can't skip to the front of the line or any other unimportant poo poo like that. jose aldo fought frankie edgar without needing him to make 145 the first time.

Bubba Smith
Sep 27, 2004

No.

david carmichael posted:

The issue for dj is that if he goes through camp and tj misses weight then he still needs to fight him if he wants to get paid. And if he loses to a much larger dude who doesn't make weight it will seriously hurt his already marginal drawing power. If he has proof he can make weight then the risk is mitigated somewhat. No one every wondered if frankie could make 145 because he's like 5'4

your argument would make more sense to me if DJ's entire career wasn't built off of guys who were/are at bantamweight. Demetrious Johnson himself fought for years at 135. But for some reason with TJ Dillashaw it's just way too unreasonable.

as mentioned way above johnson can have it in the contract that he still gets paid regardless of what happens with TJ's weight, that part would be easy to work out since UFC hands out fight & win bonuses all the time for cancelled fights.

The larger point I'm making is anytime a champion starts trying to matchmake on their own it's usually pretty lame and comes off as ducking the more challenging opponent.

Bubba Smith
Sep 27, 2004

No.

not at all, but UFC and Demetrious Johnson aren't going to do any better putting the Ray Brog fight on FOX in front of 1.34 million viewers again. TJ has headlined a few PPVs before and has been on some successful free TV cards, so I do think he is a bigger draw than Demetrious Johnson. TJ Dillashaw should honestly be the guy demanding more money to fight Mighty Mouse.

Bubba Smith
Sep 27, 2004

No.

1st AD posted:

Cruz vs. TJ did 125k buys, if TJ is a bigger draw it's really marginal

I thought that fight was on free tv, an FS1 show, which earned the 2nd highest ratings ever only coming behind Conor McGregor's fight

all i know is tj dillashaw has done good ratings on free tv before, while demetrious johnson pulled the worst ratings in UFC on FOX history in his last outing. Pay TJ Dillashaw to take the MIghty Mouse fight

Bubba Smith
Sep 27, 2004

No.

Work Friend Keven posted:

TJ is a warrior, mighty mouse is a drat nerd. Mighty mouse is scared of fighting someone who isnt a 2-0 prospect.

Thank you.

Bubba Smith
Sep 27, 2004

No.

Josuke Higashikata posted:

I wonder what the difference in weight would be at fight time. I'd guess that DJ's going to be giving up a significant amount.

significant in terms of human pounds or large dog scale?

this is starting to get into conor mcgregor fighting a man three times his size in nate diaz territory. TJ ain't that big.

Bubba Smith
Sep 27, 2004

No.

UFC is trying to book Junior Dos Santos against that Francis Ngannow guy. The dude who punches hard. The guy who punches real hard and has been knocking out former HW champs recently. yeah. yeah we care about our athletes. here's your 50% off rebok coupon JDS thanks for the career

Bubba Smith
Sep 27, 2004

No.

junior just got knocked out two weeks ago.

Bubba Smith
Sep 27, 2004

No.

Memento posted:

And he got a 45 day medical suspension. It's not like they're throwing him back in there tomorrow.

they might as well be, the fight is supposed to happen in August. That's way too soon of a turnaround for Junior after losing the way he did against Stipe. I mean maybe all the damage is already done from the Cain fights so it doesn't matter anymore, I dunno, I just like JDS and think he's setting himself up to get KO'd again. I would prefer he take time off and fight somebody who might not be so dangerous

Bubba Smith
Sep 27, 2004

No.

Eh a 50/50 split isn't unreasonable for this fight that's never gonna happen. when UFC starts throwing money behind big events they are good at promoting fights. They would probably spend record numbers on advertising for that event.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bubba Smith
Sep 27, 2004

No.

bet a lot of money on him and be rich

• Locked thread