Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Salvor_Hardin
Sep 13, 2005

I want to go protest.
Nap Ghost

Popete posted:

Whose to say you actually saw a balk? What is a balk? It's never been proven that balks actually exist.

#balkskeptic

You could take that Jon Bois article about "What is a catch?" and apply it to balks without much work.

I actually really hope they change the rules for what lefties are allowed to do on pick-off moves. It's facially stupid that they can throw to first without taking a foot off the rubber but righties can't.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Salvor_Hardin
Sep 13, 2005

I want to go protest.
Nap Ghost
I saw Manny hit a grand slam in extras at Tropicana once. :unsmith:

That's about all I got. Most of my Fenway games were pretty basic at least as far as I remember.

Salvor_Hardin
Sep 13, 2005

I want to go protest.
Nap Ghost

beejay posted:

Derek Jeter looks weird

Is his chin shrinking or the rest of his head growing?

Edit: I just realized, he is transforming into Terry Francona.

Salvor_Hardin fucked around with this message at 21:01 on May 4, 2017

Salvor_Hardin
Sep 13, 2005

I want to go protest.
Nap Ghost
Pretty sure it's still Bartolo.

Salvor_Hardin
Sep 13, 2005

I want to go protest.
Nap Ghost

rickiep00h posted:

I've watched this probably a dozen times but all I can think of is how loving garbage that pitch was.

Not necessarily disagreeing but why? It was 96mph high, possibly out of the zone. Hardly a meatball.

On another note, I'm very pumped to be going to Sale vs Santana tomorrow. Ice Phoenix, any chance you're going?

Salvor_Hardin
Sep 13, 2005

I want to go protest.
Nap Ghost

IcePhoenix posted:

Chapman is a lefty who strikes people out sometimes.

Out of context this reads like the understatement of the century.

Salvor_Hardin
Sep 13, 2005

I want to go protest.
Nap Ghost

Nissin Cup Nudist posted:

The Mets have a training staff?

They tried leeching him to get the bad humors out of his blood but it didn't work. :shrug:

Salvor_Hardin
Sep 13, 2005

I want to go protest.
Nap Ghost

shadok posted:

The Jays aren't completely out of contention if Donaldson comes back healthy and doesn't get sold off.

They will suck for another month and package Donaldson off to the Red Sox. :twisted:

Salvor_Hardin
Sep 13, 2005

I want to go protest.
Nap Ghost

Inspector_666 posted:

Also can we change it so that inherited runners count as .5 towards the ERA for both the pitcher who let the man on base and the pitcher who let him score?

Just assign the expected runs from for the outs+baserunners scenario to the outgoing pitcher and credit them to the reliever. Then all future runs are assigned to the reliver.

Salvor_Hardin
Sep 13, 2005

I want to go protest.
Nap Ghost

will_colorado posted:

you and your lovely weather, Minneapolis.

Yeah this is not a very cool week.

Salvor_Hardin
Sep 13, 2005

I want to go protest.
Nap Ghost
I'm not the aggrieved party so it's not my place but that apology tweet reads legit as hell to me. It's pretty much the template of total owning of responsibility of wrongdoing and attempting amends at the right people/groups.

Salvor_Hardin
Sep 13, 2005

I want to go protest.
Nap Ghost

Maybe I don't get the full story but the TB twitter is trolling this guy hard right?

Salvor_Hardin
Sep 13, 2005

I want to go protest.
Nap Ghost

MOVIE MAJICK posted:

Who is the most handsome player on your team?

Salvor_Hardin
Sep 13, 2005

I want to go protest.
Nap Ghost
We're not trying to sell jeans here guys.

Salvor_Hardin
Sep 13, 2005

I want to go protest.
Nap Ghost
I was curious why the Red Sox are scrambling to find a competent first basemen when they still employ the services of one Brock Holt and apparently he's been on the DL due to crippling vertigo since April 21st.

http://www.rotoworld.com/recent/mlb/7246/brock-holt

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Salvor_Hardin
Sep 13, 2005

I want to go protest.
Nap Ghost
To be a proper analogy, the batter's response to getting HBP would be to let go of the bat during a swing in his next at bat and try to hit the pitcher. Actually, that would kind of own.

• Locked thread