Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Nail Rat
Dec 29, 2000

You maniacs! You blew it up! God damn you! God damn you all to hell!!

AreWeDrunkYet posted:

On the other hand, if he was able to convince her to cosign the loans in the first place (seriously, why?), he may have a promising career in sales that will let him take care of the loans.

Well IANAL, but if he's said he's not going to pay for them and there's a co-signer, that's pretty much not an issue, right?

Unless she literally starves to death, that is.

That doesn't take away from the fact that this guy is a HUGE piece of poo poo, and his girlfriend is as well for knowing the situation and saying "yeah, go ahead and gently caress her over for no reason." I hate people.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nail Rat
Dec 29, 2000

Mantle posted:

I couldn't follow who is dude

The dude...duder, el Duderino if you're not into the whole brevity thing.

Nail Rat
Dec 29, 2000

Startup idea: a site that lets you start your own make-believe cryptocurrency.

Nail Rat
Dec 29, 2000

Krispy Wafer posted:

I've never actually been to Chicago except as a layover and I'm not entirely sure it exists outside the airport. Like I know no one personally who is from there and the combination of hot sweaty summers and heart-stopping cold just doesn't seem realistic. Chicago just exists so New Yorkers have something to feel superior about.

If it does exist then you could probably weaponize their homeless people.

I can assure you it exists but the winters are not cold at all anymore due to global warming. There was literally no snow accumulation at all December-February last year.

Nail Rat
Dec 29, 2000

Credit card points, etc. are not taxable.

Sign-up bonuses, like $300 for opening this checking account or $500 for opening this credit card and spending $5000 on purchases in 3 months or whatever, are.

Source: https://www.creditcards.com/credit-card-news/irs-taxable-income-credit-card-rewards-points-gift-1277.php

Nail Rat
Dec 29, 2000

I'd play a violin for them over how they only have 7k left after maxing two 401ks and living in a 1.5 million dollar house, but I won't spend $12k on lessons.

Nail Rat
Dec 29, 2000

Well Susan G Komen does just that.

Nail Rat
Dec 29, 2000

AreWeDrunkYet posted:

But, but, there's no price you can put on the pride of cheering for a business that gives you no tangible benefit.

Yes there is, it's $10 per lovely macrobrew and $7 per sad hot dog.

Nail Rat
Dec 29, 2000

Moneyball posted:

If people could just be as good with money as this woman, we wouldn't need this thread.

If she can do it, anybody can.

Jesus loving christ. How could someone put that in an article and not realize it belongs in the Onion?

Nail Rat
Dec 29, 2000

Yeah I admit I really wish I had bought $100 worth of BTC back in 2013 as a laugh, that'd be a nice windfall. But just :lol: at buying in now

Nail Rat
Dec 29, 2000

canyoneer posted:

Having your own house is cool, but everything else about homeownership sucksssss

You can yell "get off my property" at people so there's that.

Nail Rat
Dec 29, 2000

Moneyball posted:

Makes, not loses

He was making money at one time I think (like early to mid 2000s), at one point he was able to do it as his only job and even hire employees.

Nail Rat
Dec 29, 2000

I would hate to see all these house put down

Nail Rat
Dec 29, 2000

BEHOLD: MY CAPE posted:

Pauper burial: GWM, featured on this week's MMM blog post

But make sure your casket is taken to the cemetery on a wacky bike trailer.

Nail Rat
Dec 29, 2000

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

The higher your income, the significantly higher the cost of raising a child to 18.

Having money and kids is bwm

Being low income and having kids is gwm

Have high income, pretend to be poor IMO.

Nail Rat
Dec 29, 2000

Bhodi posted:

What's with that posting with a weird-rear end-gradient-background-giant-attention-getting-box? Is that just what facebook is now?

Facebook has in recent years introduced dumb poo poo like that when they can't think of any actual useful features to introduce.

Nail Rat
Dec 29, 2000

Inept posted:

Same person:

Sounds like they should have spent money on therapy and Japanese language lessons instead. In other posts it's apparent they don't know much/any Japanese. I'm not sure why they wanted to stay in Japan so badly if they didn't bother to learn the language for 7 years.

Waiting for that fateful day something crazy happens and they get swept up in a real life anime.

Nail Rat
Dec 29, 2000

EAT FASTER!!!!!! posted:

There's a real disconnect between a $1900 mortgage and $500 a month in electricity but maybe it's like a 4500 square foot mansion from the 1880's?

You can absolutely run an electric bill that high if you're leaving your AC set to the mid 60s and you live somewhere warm, and those people exist.

Nail Rat
Dec 29, 2000

Either usage of factoid is perfectly cromulent.

Nail Rat
Dec 29, 2000

$1k allowance? Let's see there.

-Parents give her $800, grandpa gives her $300.
-Parents pay $2100 rent.
-Parents pay at minimum $300 per month insurance.
-Prime, Amazon, and Spotify are parents' accounts, that's roughly another $40.

So that's a $3540 monthly allowance at least, tax free.

AND SHE'S HAVING PANIC ATTACKS.

As I said in another thread this woman popped up in, guillotine her twice.

edit: #blessed #HamptonsPrices

Nail Rat fucked around with this message at 15:30 on Jul 18, 2018

Nail Rat
Dec 29, 2000

Fitzy Fitz posted:

Bad With Money 2018: I run to the toilet and puke up all the yogurt I ate

e: Why does she keep calling her perfectly normal dinners 'random'

#random #winning #winetastesgood

quote:

$210 a month for a gym?! How is that even possible? What do you get for your money at a place like that? Unlimited sponge baths? Handjobs on demand?

I actually briefly used a gym that was $70 a week - for literally a month. It was in a very expensive/convenient location and that included unlimited classes that were capped at 10-12 people and ample free gym time in a well-equipped gym where there were never more than 2-3 people wanting to use the two power cages. Still was way, way, way too much money.

Nail Rat
Dec 29, 2000

I hope they all get shivved but that they take a long time to die.

Nail Rat
Dec 29, 2000

Fitzy Fitz posted:

Oh I thought someone had posted this but I guess not!

https://twitter.com/TaylorLorenz/status/1023600915146788867

What the gently caress does it mean to Seamless something.

I assume it's an app? Is there no end to people making every retarded app name into a verb?

Nail Rat
Dec 29, 2000

Subjunctive posted:

What’s the harm? Did you stub your toe?

I'd never heard of Seamless before and they're apparently a pretty small player, having been absorbed by Grubhub years ago. By saying "I seamlessed this" I have to google what the gently caress that was, so she's giving free advertising to a service she's unhappy with. Seems pretty dumb to me, unless they actually are paying her and this is a viral stunt in which case GWM.

Companies in the same space fighting for Google and Xerox status

quote:

Companies in the same space fighting for Google and Xerox status

I understand why a company would aspire to it, but not why a supposed journalist would do that for free for a company that delivers...whatever the hell that is.

Nail Rat fucked around with this message at 18:11 on Jul 31, 2018

Nail Rat
Dec 29, 2000

potatoducks posted:

Obvious with context, unless you're old.......... you're not old are you?

I assumed what it was, it's just dumb. She should have Vanguarded that $22 instead. Or maybe Chase Mobile Bankinged it.

Nail Rat fucked around with this message at 18:21 on Jul 31, 2018

Nail Rat
Dec 29, 2000

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

Plus, active voice is literally always better than passive

I Seamlessed the food

I had this food delivered

One conveys the information more clearly and efficiently and is thus more good

"I ordered this on Seamless" works too. Also, it might be more pertinent to mention the actual restaurant, if not more profitable.

Nail Rat
Dec 29, 2000

BWM: Im ready to pursue my passions (whatever those may be!)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nail Rat
Dec 29, 2000

Ashcans posted:

It's not just going to be the isolation, the rules are 'no light at all' so he can't have any kind of screen, nothing to read by. I guess he might be allowed some sort of audio playback as long as it doesn't emit light? That's actually surprisingly tricky, especially with modern electronics, but he could have a tapedeck or a turntable or something and at least listen to music or audiobooks. But if he didn't have the foresight to arrange that, he's not just stuck in isolation but also without really anything to do at all. There are precious few things you can do in the complete dark. Maybe knitting if you already know how, you could try some interesting blind sculpting or something? I don't think people in solitary get much in that way either but I'm not sure.

A turntable without any light makes me fear for the records.