Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Roth
Jul 9, 2016

Rhyno posted:

MAY IS FREE COMIC BOOK DAY MONTH

So you're saying that all the comics at your store are free the entire month?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Roth
Jul 9, 2016

Give Exiles a shot

Edit - Or work your way through the old Dark Horse Star Wars stuff (Tales, KOTOR, Legacy, Empire, Republic, Rebellion)

Roth
Jul 9, 2016

Skwirl posted:

I've already read all that and I was specifically looking to avoid stuff with crossovers, just 30 some odd issues of decent storytelling and art. And I've already tread that.

Yeah this is my problem I've read everything in this post. I need some super deep cuts. I'm gonna check out Exiles, it doesn't have any crossovers early one does it?

I don't recall it having any until House of M, which I think is around the 70s?

Roth
Jul 9, 2016

I'm 5 years old, who are all of these grandpas?

Roth
Jul 9, 2016

I feel like a spoiler-free review thread would be a neat idea, if only just so people can look to see if a new comic is interesting or not without having any actual plot details spoiled.

Roth
Jul 9, 2016

Um, wow, that's pretty hosed up

Roth
Jul 9, 2016

Guy Goodbody posted:

I guess the only thing to do about is stop caring about dumb stuff artists say and just enjoy or not enjoy their work on it's own merits

I've found that increasingly more difficult as of late.

Roth
Jul 9, 2016

Willem Dafoe is very good looking thank you very much

Roth
Jul 9, 2016

This is honestly my favorite look for Storm

Roth
Jul 9, 2016

The exposed hips for no reason kills it for me.

Roth
Jul 9, 2016

Wheat Loaf posted:

What's everyone's favourite example of a superhero being put in an unusual team for them? I kinda liked Namor in X-Men and I liked Beast in the Avengers.

Would Warlock joining the New Mutants count? I don't think anybody thought to have a mutant alien in the X-Men series before that.

Roth
Jul 9, 2016

Skwirl posted:

JLA had the worst intro of any of the DCAU shows.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UrlYxTA0Wn4

Roth
Jul 9, 2016

I mostly post it because I don't understand anything about The Zeta Project.

Roth
Jul 9, 2016

Calaveron posted:

Man but did JL/JLU forget many many times that J'onn is as supposed to be about as strong as Superman

You can make a drinking game out of how many times this happens.

J'onn: I'll use my telepathic powers!
*psychic backlash*
J'onn: AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Roth
Jul 9, 2016

Madkal posted:

I don't remember him being X-Men cartoon Jean Grey.

It happens to him pretty much all of Season 1.

Roth
Jul 9, 2016

Calaveron posted:

In this analogy who'd be Storm being incapacitated by being placed in a small room while Cyclops shouts NO! SHE HAS CLAUSTROPHOBIA! before losing their poo poo and being I AM THE ELEMENTS I AM STOOOORM

The closest would be Superman always charging ahead and immediately getting blasted back.

There's also Flash always tripping over dumb poo poo.

Roth
Jul 9, 2016

Guy Goodbody posted:

Do you like Deadshot a lot? Do you think he's the coolest and Harley Quinn should date Deadshot instead of the Joker because Deadshot could beat up the Joker and Batman? If so, then yeah

Harley should date anybody other than the Joker.

Roth fucked around with this message at 04:36 on May 31, 2017

Roth
Jul 9, 2016

I'll take anything over Tara Strong.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Roth
Jul 9, 2016

I want to watch the Batman/Harley Quinn movie. It looks like it could be a fun romp

• Locked thread