Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

No one sings like you anymore.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

Mr Hootington posted:

Lol marvel thread loves secret empire.

Only a couple of chronic contrarians.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

Rhyno posted:

It's Motor CIty Comic-con weekend.

My friend Brooke was struggling with self image after her bad divorce from my former best friend. Gal Gadot's appearance as Wonder Woman in BvS inspired her. She got to work both on herself and this costume. She lost 60 pounds and made nearly every part of this outfit from scratch. I am super proud of her and from what some other friends in attendance have said she is getting mobbed for photos and rightly so as she looks great.

She looks like she could take Henry Cavill in a fight, that's for sure. I'm glad she's getting some positive feedback and feels better about herself.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I'm watching the Real Ghostbusters cartoon on Netflix and I don't know how to handle the fact that Peter is obviously voiced by Garfield.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

Mr. Maltose posted:

You and Bill Murray both.

Waaah waaaah.

That does explain that casting choice.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

Gaz-L posted:

Also, don't be scared of Janine's pointy glasses, they fix that at that point too. (They actually got network notes telling them that kids were scared by sharp things so Janine needed to have round frames. Also that she needed to be redesigned to dress less "slutty" and not argue or trade quips with the guys.)

You're making me very sad.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I'm especially confused because, at least so far, it's not like Janine is a completely done-with-it buzzkill like in the movies. She's just kind of sassy and scolds the Ghostbusters sometimes for being slobs or overworking her, but overall she's just enthusiastic and likes hanging out with Slimer.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

That's like the time I spent 6 hours on the phone unsuccessfully trying to prevent a father of two from killing himself.

Weirdly enough I have yet to put that in a script for a children's property.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

got any sevens posted:

At least he didnt kill the kids too. Was he a friend or did you work a hotline?

Someone in IRC told me someone in another chatroom they hang out in was talking about killing themselves and I was the only person awake who wasn't like a burnt-out druggie so they figured I could try and do something.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I really enjoyed going back and watching JLA/U, but it made me sad because I watched it right after Superman, and I saw the slow transition from BTAS style classic animation to digital animation in the JLU era and man, it's really night and day.

I felt similarly sad when the JLA intro and musical motif got changed for GuitarRiff3 from free music samples dot com.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

Skwirl posted:

JLA had the worst intro of any of the DCAU shows.

I mean the CG was ugly but the theme song and the characters walking heroically towards the screen was classic as hell and perfectly encapsulated what the show was about.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

One of the least subtle backdoor pilots I've ever seen.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

Rhyno posted:

I second this.

The Monarch's voice is what I hear my own thoughts in.

Same but Skeletor.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

Squizzle posted:

Honestly, it's an honor and a strange mercy to have one's balls crushed by Darkseid.

Darkseidcrushedmyballs dot geocities dot com.

• Locked thread