Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Timeless Appeal
May 28, 2006
Jean's motive really isn't the problem, especially when there is a pretty stylish scene that basically tells you that the heroes' loved ones are the ones who are benefitting.

The problem with Identity Crisis is that it treats women like poo poo. Like even the moment where loving Wonder Woman shows up, she exists entirely through a male gaze. Also that stupid fight scene that is basically just Slade Wilson fan fiction.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Timeless Appeal
May 28, 2006

Gaz-L posted:

It's an odd opinion, I know, but I've never liked the Cass Batgirl outfit, the outlined symbol and messy stitched up mouth just look unpleasant to me and not in a "Bat-folks should be intimidating" way like Batwoman's pale vampire thing. And on the other side, I actually really love the Stephanie one with the purple panels on the side.
The Stephanie Brown costume always depended on who was drawing it for me. There were some artists that got the purple panels to mesh with the rest of the costume and a lot who didn't. As much as I think Cass's design works, I'm also just not a huge fan of Batgirl in black. I think the purple or the gray and blue costumes always make much more sense to me.

Timeless Appeal
May 28, 2006
Going to through out an opinion here: DC Captain Marvel shouldn't have a cape. I think it always looks superfluous and I don't think anyone ever really figured out the right silhouette for it. It looks better when it hangs off his one shoulder, but that doesn't necessarily work in action scenes. The fact that his collar fluctuates so much in height or even if it stands erect and finally turning into a hood just muddles a clear defined look for the character. He also already has the sash around his waist to help denote movement.

The cape looks fly on Mary Marvel and Captain Marvel Jr though.

Timeless Appeal
May 28, 2006

Teenage Fansub posted:

You have an ironic username.
Look, I'd honestly really enjoy a good defense of the cape. I'm not arguing against it on dumb tactical realism reasons. I love Captain Marvel's costume. It's just this overly ornate thing and ultimately distracts.

Timeless Appeal
May 28, 2006

Skwirl posted:

JLA had the worst intro of any of the DCAU shows.
Superman and Wonder Woman's sections are dumb. But the rest are either fine or Dope. I really like Batman, Flash, and Martian Manhunter in particular. Also, when they get to the Green Lantern part you can totally sing along "And Green Lantern's Mighty Ring!" with the music.

• Locked thread