Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Elias_Maluco
Aug 23, 2007
I need to sleep
Best episode this season so far, cool battle, lots of encounters

But when did the dothraki (and their horses) got fireproof?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Elias_Maluco
Aug 23, 2007
I need to sleep
I think Arya vs Brienne was kinda cool, but a bit spoiled by the fact Arya is a terrible actress and always looks dumb trying to act all badass

The Stark reunions was also a bit underwhelming because of the same: they are all terrible actors. Autistic Bran is really working, though

Elias_Maluco
Aug 23, 2007
I need to sleep
The real dumb thing was by the end when Jamie is riding through obvisouly very shallow water but then when he is pushed from thew horse he falls into very deep waters

editr: also, dany was dumb on the dragon, but that's kinda make sense because she has very little experience in using them in battle and she is really dumb

Elias_Maluco fucked around with this message at 14:36 on Aug 8, 2017

Elias_Maluco
Aug 23, 2007
I need to sleep
GoT world makes a lot more sense if you think of it as a videogame world with typical CRPG rules

Elias_Maluco
Aug 23, 2007
I need to sleep
Good riddance LF, the dumbest master schemer ever

Elias_Maluco
Aug 23, 2007
I need to sleep

bloom posted:

Being a colossal goonlord, I recently read a WH40k book. Even in that the main character calls out dual-wielding as something that's only done by nerds desperately trying to look cool.

I've read that many times but didn't the real life Myamoto Musashi developed a whole style of dual wielding? Or is it something made up by the book?

Elias_Maluco
Aug 23, 2007
I need to sleep
Im pretty sure Ramsay will end up killing Roose in the books too

Or would, if was ever another book

Elias_Maluco
Aug 23, 2007
I need to sleep
What a weak episode

Not even specially bad just.. lame. Everything was so underwhelming

fake edit: was that sword that stole from his father ever mentioned again? I suppose he would miss it, at the battle

Elias_Maluco fucked around with this message at 13:13 on Aug 15, 2017

Elias_Maluco
Aug 23, 2007
I need to sleep

Elias_Maluco
Aug 23, 2007
I need to sleep

Escobarbarian posted:

DON'T TAKE *ALL* THE DRAGONS WITH YOU YOU loving IDIOT

I assume dragons are kinda like dogs, and have you ever tried going out with just 1 dog if you have 3 at home?

Elias_Maluco
Aug 23, 2007
I need to sleep

Soul Glo posted:

Hey here's a dumb question

If they're doing The Dragon Has Three Heads who is the third? The NK since he's got a dragon now? Will Wight Dragon shoot fire or ice?

blizzara

Elias_Maluco
Aug 23, 2007
I need to sleep
What I dont understand is why Jon was all that time in Dragonstone when, considering the travel times, he could be back for dinner at Winterfell every night to keep those big lordly babies happy with their king being there form them

Elias_Maluco
Aug 23, 2007
I need to sleep
I mean at this point its already established that we have a waypoint portal near each capital

Elias_Maluco
Aug 23, 2007
I need to sleep

Raspberry Jam It In Me posted:

I just realized that the last time the Others went to war, it was against the First Men, a culture with bronze weapons. They have never encountered Valyrian steel before

Ive misread your post and now I cannot stop thinking about Otters leading a zombie army against humanity

(I had totally forgotten they call the WW "others" in the books)

Elias_Maluco
Aug 23, 2007
I need to sleep
Dialogue has been awfully bad lately, not even the really good actors can do much with it

Elias_Maluco
Aug 23, 2007
I need to sleep

Jeb! Repetition posted:

It would have been fine if they'd done it better visually, with the Night King either having normal follow-through to his throw so he didn't look like a robot, or just levitating it because why the gently caress not. And also the spear not flying in a different direction than it's pointing, which I've already mentioned twice but I can't get over how bad it looks.

Then again it's a little strange they'd have such a perfect anti-dragon weapon when they've never fought dragons before and might not even have known they still existed.

Arent they immortal beings from much before men was even in Westeros? And also magical. They probably do know about dragons

Elias_Maluco
Aug 23, 2007
I need to sleep
gently caress that, I want a CRPG where I can play that exactly party

Elias_Maluco
Aug 23, 2007
I need to sleep
They are all a bunch of dumb shitheads for refusing to strike KL for "humanitarian reasons"

If they just torch the loving castle, the war is instantly over and everyone can go fight the incoming doom, which is the most humanitarian outcome possible. Nobody would give two fucks about the people Daenerys killed in KL after she saves all humanity from ice zombie apocalypse

edit: probably people would already be very willing to forgive the damage and deaths considering it would kill the cruel evil tyrant who blew up a good portion of the city, including the very popular pope, in her rise to power. I mean, if the people even cared about that, which they should, but apparently dont. But then again, if people are so ok with Cersei's carnage, why would they care about mostly soldiers and nobleman who would die if the dragons torched the Red Keep

Elias_Maluco fucked around with this message at 17:01 on Aug 18, 2017

Elias_Maluco
Aug 23, 2007
I need to sleep
This season is so bad that even mainstream media is making GBS threads all over it

Elias_Maluco
Aug 23, 2007
I need to sleep
Dany aint going to die like that, no loving way

Elias_Maluco
Aug 23, 2007
I need to sleep
I'll go with my feeling: last season spoliers felt real, these ones feel like a not so good prank

Elias_Maluco
Aug 23, 2007
I need to sleep

mastershakeman posted:

all you doubters are going to have egg on your face in two years!!

if those spoilers turn up real I swear Ill film myself smashing an egg at my own forehead and post here

Elias_Maluco
Aug 23, 2007
I need to sleep

WampaLord posted:

So what do you think kept them watching up until then?

People liked the writing and the worldbuilding and the mystery and the plotting and the dialogue, they didn't long for spectacle at all costs. It was a ratings hit from day 1.

And now that its 100% spectacle and nothing else, with atrocious writing and bad dialogue and tons of nonsense, people are making GBS threads all over it, even the most casual viewers

Looks like the audience is not that dumb and is not only neeeerds who care about good writing and logic and consistency and stuff like that

edit: and of course most people will keep watching anyway because they invested too much on this show to stop now, they want to know how it ends. So I doubt the audience is going to drop much. But judging by what Im seeing in the media, and social networks, and from people I know, is definetly more that us sperglords nitpicking dumb stuff

Elias_Maluco fucked around with this message at 20:54 on Aug 23, 2017

Elias_Maluco
Aug 23, 2007
I need to sleep

Groovelord Neato posted:

sperging is "how did they get the chains to pull up the dragon???" not "how is everyone teleporting around and why are there no consequences for massive actions like blowing up half the cast when much minor transgressions ending up wiping out entire houses". it's weird how people keep acting like legitimate criticism of plotting and writing and very basic story structure is "sperging".

Agreed

Elias_Maluco
Aug 23, 2007
I need to sleep

grack posted:

Toxx it if you're so sure.

I :toxx: that they aint true

Elias_Maluco
Aug 23, 2007
I need to sleep
Finally watched the finale. It was boring and underwhelming

This season sucked. Next one is gonna suck too

Everything is bad

edit: Arya-Sansa scenes were specially bad, but Im glad LF is out
edit 2: Jamie and Cersei are the last actors in this show who can act, even with the weak lines they got. Among the main characters, at least

Elias_Maluco fucked around with this message at 12:29 on Aug 30, 2017

Elias_Maluco
Aug 23, 2007
I need to sleep
Bronn character became a caricature and he has no motivation anymore. But he is still fun and saves a lot of scenes he is in, I guess they realize that and that's why they are keeping him

Elias_Maluco
Aug 23, 2007
I need to sleep

Cornflakes posted:

I like Bronn but can understand the ambivalence, I think it comes from the show's inability to have a character leave and never come back, with Daario being the only exception I can think of

Plenty of characters (some more important than him) were axed without much ceremony

But Bronn quickly became a fan favorite, so they decided to keep him around, doing stuff other characters were supposed to do

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Elias_Maluco
Aug 23, 2007
I need to sleep

JaySB posted:

So, they wrote and filmed a scene where Sansa and Bran talked and he revealed Littelfinger's plan but didn't show it because of time and the director is a loving moron.

Sincerely I don't know if that would have made everything less or even more dumb

Their conflict was completely stupid from the very beginning. Sansa would have to be retarded to believe that Arya was plotting to became Lady of Winterfell in her place, just as Arya would have to be a complete moron to believe that Sansa was sincere on that letter. They needing Bran omniscience to realize their are being retarded maybe would make everything even more stupid

Elias_Maluco fucked around with this message at 23:32 on Aug 31, 2017

• Locked thread