Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

Half the posters in this forum have been made up. This website is a goddamn ghost town.

Soul Glo posted:

The only part of the Battle episode that was stupid to me was that Ramsay used his last shot to kill a dying giant while Jon was standing right there wide open.

Eh, but it wasn't his last shot. Unless he read the script and saw that his second-plus shots were going to be successfully blocked, he was going to kill both of them anyway.

I think there was actually a very understandable non-emotional reason for the charge. Either the writers didn't think of it, or they didn't have Jon voice it after the battle.

Lycus fucked around with this message at 20:20 on May 9, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

Half the posters in this forum have been made up. This website is a goddamn ghost town.
Ultimately, it would've been for the best if they did the same thing with it as AFFC/ADWD's other short stories (Quentyn, fAegon, Victarion), drop entirely, but alas.

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

The anime will also have all the diarrhea.

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

banned from Starbucks posted:

Whos that at 1:14. Thought it was the mountain in new armor but i cant tell what that symbol is on his chest.

It's based on Cersei's crown.

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

There are photos with Jaime with Widow's Wail and Arya with the dagger. Widow's Wail was never buried with Joffrey. That was a wake, not a burial. It's been sitting in the Red Keep armory. Arya will probably not have the dagger in 7x01, so you'll have to wait to see how she gets it. The last time we saw it was in Ned's office when Ned and Littlefinger were discussing bribing the goldcloaks. Littlefinger probably has it.

Lycus fucked around with this message at 01:17 on Jun 8, 2017

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

Dumb show not being realistic about forging with magical steel. I'm gonna go make a 6 part YouTube series about this.

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

TOOT BOOT posted:

I think the fact that they included Dawn in the show was just a nod to bookreaders and not something they're going to focus on later. And like someone else said, whatever its significance is going to be the books, it's not Valyrian steel.

Yeah, I think that was just an Easter egg. Like House Hornwood being in the anti-Ramsay alliance.

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

But how were magical steel swords made in real life?

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

If there's anyone that should be completely accustomed to delays, it's ASoIaF fans.

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

I would've like the last half season to be about the coup, i thought that storyline ended too rapidly.

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

Krazyface posted:

Someone on these forums once described Spartacus as what would happen if you let Romans make a TV show. It's loving amazing.

Wouldn't Crassus be the protagonist instead of Spartacus in that case?

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

Isnt that pretty close to the Umbers sigil. Lol looks like Sansas getting married again!
The new Umber lord is probably a kid, so she'd really be taking after Margaery.

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

hanales posted:

Lady Stoneheart is as dumb of a plot line as Farya.

Grass is always greener...

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

It's not like he didn't do the thing in S3.

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

Goons, Beric magically ignited his sword in ASoS and S3. This is not invented for S7 or the show in general.

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

Peanut President posted:

Doing it in a cave years ago doesn't matter. Doing it now does.

Hear that, Jon?

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

If we're lucky, we'll have two crappy and unsatisfying conclusions.

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

drunken officeparty posted:

Did Ned say "I am here, SISTER OF MINE THAT IS DEAD IN THE CURRENT TIMELINE" in the tower scene? If not I can see people not even knowing who she was and think Ned is just raising some random baby as his.

How am I supposed to hear those lines when I got shitposting on TVIV to do?

[quote="IRQ" post=""474140779"]
All of mine mostly had it worked out before the show made it blatantly obvious.
[/quote]

My sister spent years thinking that Robert and Lyanna were Jon's parents and easily transitioned to Rhaegar after ToJ. Lots of show people didn't have trouble with it.

Lycus fucked around with this message at 04:24 on Jul 8, 2017

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

6 seasons of AFFC/ADWD would've been excruciating.

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

The Blackfish scene screamed "We wrote this episode for Blackfish to escape with Brienne, but the actor's too busy to be a semi-regular next year."

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

I know he joked in an interview that he was thankful for not having to go through choreography training at his age.

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

Fire is Coming should be Book-Dany's words.

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

Elias_Maluco posted:

Arya Durden would have been so much cooler

Arya Durden would've been the only thing dumber than what we got, by far.

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

The vernacular of the show has never been as old-timey as the books (per usual in all medieval and pseudo-medieval shows and movies). It's different when you have to have real people delivering lines.

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

Alas, Five Year Gap.

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

He does, he releases a chapter every year, that's as fast he writes these days.

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

What does tv money buy you that book money cant when your entire life consists of nothing but tiny D&d minis and eating at TGIFridays 12 times a week.

A hell of a lot more of both.

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

But only that video about the time he met GRRM who kept ignoring Preston's dumb bullshit to talk about food with other guests.

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

The other thing I remember was there being something about him accidentally being at the wrong table and had to move, which I'm pretty sure was a lie, and he purposefully sat in someone else's seat in an effort to double up his Gurm time.

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

The problem with Wun Wun goes both ways. Those spearmen could've been lunging at him and he'd be magnet for crossbow bolts, but they're pretty gentle with him until he starts knocking. He should've died sooner. A quick fix would've been to have the battle in two places. Jon and the first wave getting crushed by Ramsay's men, while Davos and the Wildlings fight Umber's men elsewhere, too far away to help in time.

Lycus fucked around with this message at 17:23 on Jul 14, 2017

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

1-800-DOCTORB posted:

The worst part about that battle was that there were no people on either side freaking out going "OH MY GODS GIANTS ARE REAL".

No one cares what extras think.

Assuming he came up with this while writing ASoS and not recently, can the Gurm explain why fire wights die conventionally while ice wights keep moving until you burn them?

Lycus fucked around with this message at 18:25 on Jul 14, 2017

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

Season 5 was the season of Dexter that had a bullshit ending, not Season 4.

And Season 3 was crap, not pretty good.

Lycus fucked around with this message at 01:04 on Jul 15, 2017

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

Macdeo Lurjtux posted:

Come to think of it it actually lines up;

Son spends the entire series learning about the repercussions of the selfish act that led to his fathers death coming face to face with the lives that act shattered. Son then decides to make the exact same dumb rear end decision.

Should Cat have fork-stabbed Talisa?

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

So it'll be a show about Arya massacring the native population of Americos?

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

That's also a Season 1 thing.

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

Tenzarin posted:

They already pretended major battles in the show being won instantly with cavalry charges. What difference is it gonna make?

In the books too, of course.

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

D&D took it in stride, but the Season 5 leak really pissed off some HBO suits.

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

TOOT BOOT posted:

I'm curious what Beric's role is in the story going forward. They had to have some significant reason for bringing him back after so long, and he's permanently dead in the books and I can't think of anyone who's story he could be taking over so...

Someone has to teach Zombie Jon how to do the fire blood trick, then the White Walkers will kill him.

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

So psycho Arya really did murder some poor White Harbor girl last season.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

lezard_valeth posted:

Everything twisted or morally ambiguous Tyrion, Jon or Daenerys did in the books was completely scraped in the case of the former 2, or played with fanfare BGM to lead the viewer into believing it was ok in the case of the latter.

Not having Peter Dinklage rape a slave girl is likely for the best.

• Locked thread