Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

Half the posters in this forum have been made up. This website is a goddamn ghost town.

lezard_valeth posted:

I was talking more about having Shae reach out for the knife first making Tyrion killing her an act of self defense
It wasn't really, though. Grabbing a weapon is natural when someone sneaks into the room in the dead of night. And he still ran and jumped in the bed to kill her. People didn't root for Tyrion because it was "self defense", they rooted for Tyrion "because she was a bitch".

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

Half the posters in this forum have been made up. This website is a goddamn ghost town.
All of the cool oldsters are dead, it's nice to have a new one. Hopefully he sticks around and becomes Grand Maester.

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

It makes me happy that Beric is a main character now because that Zombie Cat story was dumb.

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

Jeb! Repetition posted:

The show's diverging radically from the books now, but the whole sequence with Sam was quintessentially Gurmy. The poop, the revelation that the maesters beileved Sam but didn't care, etc.

Seriously, there is so much feces in the books, that Sam montage should filled purists with warmth and familiarity

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

Le Saboteur posted:

I actually find Sams story the most compelling right now because it feels kind of new I guess. But I don't know what's going to come of it.

He's going to find the Philosophers' Stone.

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

lezard_valeth posted:

I will pay you to produce said show now

Didn't Starz already do that several years ago?

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

GaussianCopula posted:

Given that he also managed to get there before Dany reached Dragonstone, it's even more impressive, unless Vary's gave him his teleporting device.

Or she was in Dorne for an unstated amount of time preparing. It's not like she was wearing that dress last we saw her.

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

D&D can ruin my precious immersion with a Mac and Charlie cameo if they like, I'd dig it.

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

I didn''t know who Ed Sheeran was, but my sister recognized him right away, and I think we're both alright people, and the scene was good.

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

Jon is gonna read Sam's letter and go, "For gently caress's sake, Davos already told me about this weeks ago. We just can't go there yet. What is he doing down there?"

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

It makes sense that he does, but did they establish that Sam knows that Jon is king now instead of Lord Commander?

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

bloom posted:

What does it say about the state of GoT that the most talked about thing with the season premiere is a cameo by some popstar?

This isn't actually what normal people are talking endlessly about.

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

Numbers news: http://ew.com/tv/2017/07/17/game-of-thrones-season-7-premiere-ratings-smash-records/

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

I mean, there was already a nearly successful assassination attempt in Winterfell, and that was a poo poo assassin.

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

romanowski posted:

this is funny because earlier in the thread a couple of goons were implying that nobody cared about the show anymore because there wasn't any media coverage (????) and nobody was hosting viewing parties

Projection is an important part of hatewatching.

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

Preston Jacob's videos are bad, but he has some diehard fans.

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

"Shall we begin" should not have been the last shot. The last shot should've been Team Dany staring in silence after they find Selyse's fetuses.

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

emanresu tnuocca posted:

Yeah perhaps she also forgot about Moat Cailin and how the north was never taken by a southron army, cause Sansa apparently did.

Or there are other ways to kill people, like assassins.

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

Beric and the Hound talking about meeting a long time ago during a tourney: are they really doing a Tourney of Harrenhal flashback?

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

Kopijeger posted:

Funny, that. When Reanimated Jon left Castle Black, it seemed like Edd was left in charge, and still is. Shouldn't they have a new election for the post of Lord Commander?

We wouldn't know if they haven't.

quote:

Shouldn't the old guy who commanded the Shadow Tower be the prime candidate considering he is more experienced that any of the guys left at Castle Black?

Well, the actor's dead, so the character might as well be too.

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

Elendil004 posted:

Does Bran know that he will break the walls magic, does anyone know that prophecy or is that just something 'we' know?

That's not something we know either, that's just a fan theory.

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

Gort posted:

I am rolling my eyes at Euron a bit.

"Oh no, they stole my best ships"

*Looks at barren island without a single tree on it*

Of course, it really makes as much sense as GRRM making them the preeminent naval power in the first place.

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

I hate that I have to see all this in 2 dimensional images on a piece of glass. That's just not realistic.

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

They may not reveal that Joffrey hired the assassin because that "reveal" was poo poo and people stopped caring about Joffrey a long time ago.

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

kater posted:

What? They already did that. Tyrion threw it at him as a wedding gift or some poo poo.

No, that didn't happen.

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

GRRM: "Oh, this thing. People still care about this? Uh, Joffrey did it, I guess, whatever."

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

It's not bullshit, by the way, I think he was photographed while shooting.

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

banned from Starbucks posted:

I mean that used to not be a given with this series

It was always a given that the good guys were gonna win, no matter which individuals died. I think it's pretty silly to think otherwise. GRRM has repeatedly said the ending would be bittersweet, which is good guys winning with cost.

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

Do you lie awake at night, fearing my bittersweet alley?

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

esperterra posted:

You'd think after two weeks of pretending to be Walder Frey, and whatever time it took to infil and bake her pies beforehand, Arya might have learned her uncle nuncle is in the dungeon.

Poor Edmure. Yelled at undeservedly by one Stark, abandoned by another.

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

Sam was kinda dumb for not asking Stannis if "we have dragonglass" meant "the Targs left some weapons" or "we have a huge mine", but oh well.

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

Jon and Beric are being kept alive to facilitate the rise of Azor Ahai, Sandor Clegane.

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

I thought the weird part was Edd asking if they were Wildlings instead of just assuming they were.

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

JBP posted:

My knowledge of pop culture is absolute dogshit so I didn't realise Ed Sheeran was in the show and I thought it was just some vaguely familiar looking dude. What is the issue with him being in the show? That scene was pretty good...

It hath left some people's immersion in ruins.

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK posted:

It will turn out to be just as important as when Tywin told Cersei that the Lannisters are broke
Or that the Iron Bank is owed a shitload of money from King's Landing
Or any other plot point that has been unceremoniously dropped

the writers are bad

Tycho is in several episodes this season.

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

Once we get NCW away from Lena Headey, we'll get more Bronn.

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

Surely it makes complete sense that the shitrock people became the preeminent naval power in the first place.

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

GaussianCopula posted:

You are aware that they can import wood?

If you're willing and able to pay the gold price, but not the shitrock people.

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

HBO already said that they're not gonna gently caress over their subscribers like that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

Its extremely obvious that he enjoys writing fake history short stories way more than ASoIaF.

• Locked thread