Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
benzine
Oct 21, 2010

RC Cola posted:

The stuff in the op is accurate?

As accurate as a leak on Reddit can be, but there have been photos of the actors that back some of them.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

benzine
Oct 21, 2010

Elias_Maluco posted:

No they are all pretty different. But all forgettable too and all about Dorne in the books is very very boring

But that's the difference I guess: in the books, the Dorne part is detailed, long and boring. In the show, Dorne is short, fast and stupid

And don't forget we're missing Darkstar and Arys. And the ever important Quentyn.

I prefer the short, fast and stupid.

benzine
Oct 21, 2010
I remember there are some videos that Dorne wasn't planned a lot, so it was rushed.
Edit: Here it is
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rdE8VEQReP0

But for the critique they receive a dance and feast have so many story lines and so convoluted, that I imagine the nightmare to make a season of them.

benzine
Oct 21, 2010

banned from Starbucks posted:

lol this guy needs 5 hours to explain why dorne is bad

That is equal just to half a GOT season!

benzine
Oct 21, 2010
I think GRRM hates GoT more than this thread combined

benzine
Oct 21, 2010

IRQ posted:

I'm sure he loves all the giant piles of money he has in his sex dungeon because of this show.

Or his wolves.

benzine
Oct 21, 2010

Soul Glo posted:

Tell me he owns wolves

Also tell me one day that he is eaten by them

He supports a wolf sanctuary in New Mexico. So maybe calling his wolves it is an exaggeration.

Edit:
After a quick research he helped them with $200,000.
https://www.wildspiritwolfsanctuary.org/westeros_pack.php

benzine fucked around with this message at 21:45 on Jul 12, 2017

benzine
Oct 21, 2010
I thing GRRM's previous editor, pushed him harder.

benzine
Oct 21, 2010
Euron is like Westeros' Jack Sparrow.

Also Arbor Gold reference, from http://asoiaf.westeros.org/index.php?/topic/88071-lies-and-arbor-gold-well-look-what-we-found/

benzine
Oct 21, 2010
People complaining about Ed Sheeran is dumb.

Liked the episode a lot and even re watched it on the morning. Always liked the hound, but after gently caress the king moment, his scenes are even better.

benzine
Oct 21, 2010

Krinkle posted:

I remember an intro to logic class once showed me a class of arguments that could never be falsified but weren't useful information. Like if I sold you a car, and I told you this car flies, it's a flying car, no foolin', but it malfunctions on every day there are sunspots. You might want to wait for a day without sunspots to see it fly but unfortunately there are literally always thousands of sunspots burning constantly. There will never be a day without them until the sun burns out entirely. You can know it. You can know it's a bullshit argument and that one has nothing to do with the other but you'll never have your perfect day with no sunspots and a car that doesn't fly and get to say aha, I proved you are a goddamn liar.

Similarly, where in this book is there any gathering of characters where nobody is a liar? There are always lies. And sometimes there's wine. I'm not impressed by the correlation.

I find it just a funny theory, I guess that is what happens when the time between release is 202....

Still nothinmg tops the mermen theory.

benzine
Oct 21, 2010
I'm mad at D&D for not using westerosi actors.

benzine
Oct 21, 2010
What about Jim Broadbent cameo?

benzine
Oct 21, 2010
I'd buy TWOW if GRRM added pov character that is a personal chef, the series need more food descriptions.

benzine
Oct 21, 2010
And GRRM himself said in one interview that he didn't think that 700 ft was too tall until the show.

Martin was surprised by the height and thought:

GRRM posted:

Oh I may have made the wall too big

benzine
Oct 21, 2010

Feels Villeneuve posted:

well, the Tyrells blockaded KL and caused a famine too, and they forgave them pretty quickly after that

it was Stannis the one that blockaded KL, the Tyrells helped lift the siege.

benzine
Oct 21, 2010
Don't mess with Thoros please. Grey Worm can be fish bait as far as I'm concerned

benzine
Oct 21, 2010
Episode 4, impressions: Good, will watch on Sunday again.

That boot to Arya's chest.

It must be good for Dothraki moral to ride with a loving dragon.

benzine
Oct 21, 2010
Loved how Littlefinger is talking to Bran, spouting about his loyalty, until Bran calls his bluff.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

benzine
Oct 21, 2010
Preston should be on a psych hospital not making youtube videos.

• Locked thread