Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
SirKibbles
Feb 27, 2011

I didn't like your old red text so here's some dancing cash. :10bux:

Ballz posted:

I've only skimmed the laundry list of new season spoilers in the OP, how reliable do we think they are? Last year's were mostly pretty accurate although I do recall a lot of outrage over the fake spoiler that Sansa ordered Ramsey live.

Any update on the Absolute Fucker front and the book he'll never finish?

You tell me He is working on something

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SirKibbles
Feb 27, 2011

Lycus posted:

Ultimately, it would've been for the best if they did the same thing with it as AFFC/ADWD's other short stories (Quentyn, fAegon, Victarion), drop entirely, but alas.

My issue with this is they don't adjust the story for stuff they cut out. So characters end up with nothing in terms of plot or shoved with characters just because..

SirKibbles
Feb 27, 2011

Zzulu posted:

I didn't get the scene with jons birth at all

How are you possibly supposed to understand it without knowing a bunch of stuff from the books or having encyclopedic knowledge of the show. I can barely remember the last episode before the most current one and they expect me to understand THAT scene

The only thing you're supposed to get is that Ned is Jon's Uncle which is pretty easy to get since it goes straight from the baby to Jon. The show writing is bad though so you kind of forget about Jon's mother and the whole war because it hasn't been mentioned for like 3 seasons.

SirKibbles
Feb 27, 2011

pyrotek posted:

They turned down GoT millions to work on that, wow

They've been doing it for like 6 years now and remember next season doesn't come out until 2019. I'd be sick of it too. Plus hey maybe they can get someone who can write.

SirKibbles
Feb 27, 2011

So It Goes posted:

When did this happen? Have a source link?

Mostly the programming director bringing it up and the fact that they have to film all the scenes in winter weather.

Nail Rat posted:

If that's true, maybe the Winds of Winter will come out before...just kidding, it's never coming out.

Honestly the WoW will come out even if GRRM dies. Now ADoS on the other hand lmao. Basically this vvvv

PostNouveau posted:

WoW gonna suck. Nothing will happen, and then GRRM will decide ADOS should be two books and then die.

Pac-Manioc Root posted:

I unironically want to know if the Iron Bank has to cut their losses and write off Westeros or if they finally back someone who can mitigate their bad lending decisions.

Well since Arya has a connection to Braavos and her being good with numbers never comes up again probably something to do with her. "Oh his a thing saying the Iron Bank is cool with it, then she dies" GRRM gonna learn alot from the show writers.

SirKibbles
Feb 27, 2011

ATP_Power posted:

It's a few pages on from when this was originally mentioned, but the reason why the children of Catelyn and Lysa are likely to be Wargs is because the houses Stark, Arryn, and Whent all have stories from the age of heroes where members of their houses displayed Warg powers (for the Arryns riding giant falcons, and for the Whents control of giant bats.) Cat and Lysa's mother was Minisa Whent, so their children with Stark and Arryn fathers are primed to have warg powers if they are inheritable as it's implied they are. This is directly comparable to the Targaryens attempting to keep the power of dragonriding and dragon breeding in their family through inbreeding.

Any First Men family most likely not just those.

SirKibbles
Feb 27, 2011

kater posted:

It was pretty lame that he got stabbed a whole bunch but that won't matter for poo poo.

Also the dickless bald guy's love story got me to tear up a little bit. And then went on for two pointless minutes.

I am just assuming Arya is loving dead right now.

Literally everything that makes her character interesting got removed or changed (Stoneheart,her warg powers, her not killing that merchant,Jon dying for her ) hosed up by terrible writing(Faceless men stuff) Or is currently rowing a boat forever.

Oh the wolf didn't stay because budget you know this do not lie to yourself.

Boobs and butts as always were top tier no dragons though I'm only gettin 50% here. Also Yara ew don't have a threesome with your brother like why?

SirKibbles fucked around with this message at 09:57 on Jul 24, 2017

SirKibbles
Feb 27, 2011

lezard_valeth posted:

- Jon is a legitimate Targaryen

The whole show from here on is a fanfic.

Can I point out how assholish this is of Rhaegar? Annul your marriage and then abandon your ex wife and newly bastard children to die. I doubt they're going to do the I had a prophecy thing that makes it morally grey and are going to do a straight up true love thing.

Also, I'm glad that dudes can now only exist to be eye candy and so that a lady character can have a romance plot and doesn't exist outside of it. Thanks for holding that L for progress Gendry.

lezard_valeth posted:

Also I'm calling it now, so tell your friends you saw it here first, this whole terrible mess will end with either Jon or Daenerys (depending on who the fan polls this year favor) riding Drogon, the last surviving dragon at that point, in a tactical nuke maneuver taking down the Night's King in the process, succesfully removing all magic from the world for realsies this time, while the other watches the heroic sacrifice helplessly.

Cut to a timeskip and it's Daenerys and Jon's kid visiting the grave of whichever died while accompanied by the one that survived as he tells his son "yadda yadda yadda this is the grave of your mother/father, and it's time that you learn about him and how he played The Game of Thrones" *FADE TO TITLE CARD*

Extra stupid points if it's Jon that survives and Daenerys just happened to have a super secret birth before her sacrifice.

Oh man this is totally happening. Ok Ok betting time who dies off Screen in the epilogue? I'm guessing Brienne or Pod.

SirKibbles
Feb 27, 2011

Parkingtigers posted:

Littlefinger's end will only annoy me for what happened to Sansa. Turning LF into a useless character isn't new, that's happened plenty of times in this show. But throwing Sansa to a rapist in the process was utterly unforgiveable. I went with the storyline for a bit, hoping there would be some ultimate "evil, but it made sense to him" reasons for it, but nope it was just gratuitious rape for the sake of things, destroying two characters just so Ramsay could be hated more (if that was even possible).

There's much about this silly show I have loved, plenty I've tutted at, but I will never let go of this grudge about what was done to Sansa because it did finally turn out to be a nasty, illogical, salaciously vile storyline for pure shock value alone.

Sansa is a combination of 3 characters none of which are Sansa which is why it comes off as weird Jeyene Pooyle/Arya/like good Cersei for some reason

SirKibbles
Feb 27, 2011

basic hitler posted:

These morons are operating season to season. Why bother casting and announcing Siddig just to have him sit and pout for one season before getting shanked? The answer is D&D are morons.

By the time they got to season 5 they wanted this to be over, because the show they built had an insane production process that was mostly their own fault

Example 1 : Using a museum to shoot the Dorne scenes which limits where they can shoot and how (fights and time of day etc)

Example 2 : Using 70 or so live horses for a battle seriously that's like the dumbest thing if you don't want it to take forever

edit: I seriously hate what they did to Arya and Sansa like gently caress they're so unlikable.

SirKibbles
Feb 27, 2011

Constant posted:

I just bought the books to read for the next week while my power is out because of Hurricane Irma :sun: first time read-through

You can still back out it's not too late. He doesn't write and never will :negative:

SirKibbles
Feb 27, 2011

Constant posted:

Will I regret it as much as Deadwood?

It's more that it's unfinished and shows no sign of coming out anytime soon.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SirKibbles
Feb 27, 2011

basic hitler posted:

is the braavosi army pretty good or are they avoiding invasion and reprisal with just some faceless men and geographic isolation

i mean bookwise because obviously the tv show wouldn't consider something like a medieval bank vulnerable to a pissed off king surviving an overthrow and going for that bank.

Put it this way, Westoros is in the medival era and Braavos is in the Renasiance. They have shipyards and all kind of things that Westorosi don't use the worlds largest navy and I think at one point they mention Braavos could easily field twice of Westoros's combined navy and still have stuff left over. That's not even counting There's clearly some going on with the faceless men and the bank and the fact that most of the faceless men aren't even in the house of black and white it's like a rest stop with a skeketon crew in the books.

• Locked thread