Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

It's unsatisfying.

He asked for spoilers, not common knowledge.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

precision posted:

I thought that big list of spoilers was a joke until I was 3/4 done reading it. I probably shouldn't have clicked on this thread at all, but somehow, knowing what's gonna happen isn't making me not want to see it so :shrug:

Still, holy poo poo @ most of those spoilers. Hahaha. I fuckin' knew Gendry was coming back!

If he and Arya don't wind up running away together because they're both royalty that don't care about their lineage I'll die of shock. The show is just too schlocky not to throw that in somehow.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Bran is going to be a dragon. They've been hinting at it since season 1. There's no way becoming a dragon isn't a good ending.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Ballz posted:

Hi spoiler thread I took a year vacation from the old one and now I'm back and rested and ready to hatewatch this amazing dumb show with you all.

Sweet. Ballz in our court!

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

It's also fake because they only kill off characters with good actors.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Hahaha, I totally forgot how stupid that whole loving plot mess is. Can't wait for all but the last of the Starks and Lannisters to be totally wiped out by the end of this season.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Wart dick.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

I remember the Battle of the Bastards. That was a good episode of tv.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

By the end of the series Jon gets reraised 15 times like one of the robots in Westworld.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Hamlet442 posted:

I just feel bad for him. Any woman who saw the prop and tried to date him afterward would be extremely disappointed (or relieved).

Probably disappointed because he's gay.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

benzine posted:

That is equal just to half a GOT season!

Or 5/7th of this season!

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Well now we know that all turns into a wet fart since the show is pretty far past it. I'm assuming Sansa shows up leading the Vale army with LF in the books and that's how we get to the start of this season.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

There's still a guy in the bad thread that just said he expects the book to be completed this June. It's sweet in a way.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

hanales posted:

I didn't know the bad thread still exists. Do you have a link?

It is but a pale moon reflecting the brilliance that was the burning sun of our hatred of gurm in the late 2000's, but here it is:

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3422738

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

drunken officeparty posted:

Is there like a megathread for old HBO shows? I finished Rome from the last thread and started Deadwood and wanna talk about my bad observations

And whats the date that the season starts. Extra long wait for two extra short seasons?? boy howdy

I like Deadwood and, by the power vested to me with this Wild Card's gang tag, I declare this GRRM thread shall be open to all cowboy themed TV show conversations.

To start it off, how awesome was season two of Deadwood and Justified?

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

drunken officeparty posted:

I'm 2 episodes in and other than Ian McShane, David Carridines chinese knockoff brother, and the hardware boys I am having a horrible case of goon induced face blindness.

I was like that too for the first couple episodes. The good thing is that everyone basically dresses in exactly the same outfit/hat for the entirety of the show., so that should help. I'm not kidding.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

The thread is basically dead anyways. Once the show starts it will kick back up again, but between seasons there's nothing left to discuss because nothing has happened in the books worth talking about since 2001.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

etalian posted:

it's tough to pick the best tits in show but Fake Sansa wins again

I liked that one girl from season 2. The pretty one. Think she showed her boobs in that one episode. You guys know the one right?

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

We've got to schtop Cersei from taking over the Firscht District.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Was he hastagging The Bad Thread?!

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

the trump tutelage posted:

rational celibacy?

:golfclap:

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

I already miss that show.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Brienne is teaming up with The Hound to go wight hunting I think. That was one of the early leaks, but not from the same sources so who knows.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

2 years for 6 episodes sounds about right. Is this a joint BBC show now?

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Wow, I thought season 2 of Deadwood was hands down the best season. 3 is OK, but is by far the worst of the series. There's still rumblings of a movie though. That would be weird.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

bloom posted:

Hell even if you're really particular and want a show with people getting hit with swords while wearing old-timey clothes, Vikings is better.

I guess it doesn't have tits and dragons though.

Spartacus. The answer is always Spartacus. And it has equal opportunity nudity. And a really good gay relationship. It's a fantastic show and everyone should watch it.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Jeb! Repetition posted:

Can't wait until this show is over so I can stop reading about Battlestar Galactica.

New thread title!

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Lycus posted:

Wouldn't Crassus be the protagonist instead of Spartacus in that case?

He kinda was once they introduced him. I was holding out hope for a spin off show about Crassus/Ceasar/Pompey. I guess following up Spartacus with Rome sort of works, but it's just not the same.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

In It For The Tank posted:

Trailer was good but was that really best line reading they could get out of Sansa at the end.

She's not a good actor so yes.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Ha, people complaining about a years delay. My sweet summer children...

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

FuhrerHat posted:

Wheres hot pie, that wolf pastry is gonna look like a workwarg of art by now

Come on man. Step up your game in the spoiler thread.

edit:
Also do you have link to what caused your red text? I've always wondered bout it.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Berry Dondarry is a Westerosi treasure and you bastards shouldn't be making fun of him for swinging around his flaming man-splitter.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Zotix posted:

Are we doing a GoT fantasy league this year like last year? If there's any interest I'll create one.

Explain.

edit:

And if we get to like pick characters then I call....The Kettleblacks. :smug:

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

But how far is too far enough?!

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

One episode in and I already can't wait for this season to be over. 6 more!

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Phi230 posted:

LITTLEFINGER GAVE HIS DAGGER TO THE ASSASSIN, SENT THE ASSASSIN, THEN LIED TO NED/CAT TO START CONFLICT WITH THE LANNISTERS

there

you needed some training wheels so I gave

Wait, is this how it played in the show? Cause it was definitely Joffrie sending the assassin to kill Bran in the books. Because King Robert said something about it being better if he was dead than suffering like he was.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Feels Villeneuve posted:

did the book ever establish if Margery actually took moon tea

No, and we'll never know.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

It's going to be the wall falling and which ever dragon that died blowing ice flames or whatever.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Pac-Manioc Root posted:

Did Jon ever let on what it's like being dead?

The book implies that he's going to survive by warging into Winter, and while there's hints of that in how they shot his resurrection it's not really clear where he went when he died.

I realize that hear on Earth when we die nothing happens except the cessation of consciousness but maybe in Westeros there's magic supernatural things!

My girlfriend is catching up as quick as she can and occasionally rake-stepping into a spoiler, most recelty that Jon died. I play it straight and don't further spoil her whenever this happens, so I say "well that would release him from his Night's Watch vows" and she thinks I'm just being a poo poo with that observation. :v:

Think you mean Ghost, and he said it was just black.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Night King gonna ice spear it. You mark my words. He may even cast it like a loving Final Fantasy spell.

• Locked thread