Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

there wolf posted:

There's a limit before it all just merges into a single weird item that is the home itself. There's something unpleasant about this much weird poo poo all spaced out in a neutral setting so you can look at each item that you don't get with some artist/collectors hoard that's just loving packed with bizarre garbage.

This feels less irritating to look at.

Okay, sure, but imagine you are a burglar. Try to find the valuables in that there sparkle palace. It's the perfect security system.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

actionjackson posted:

why is there a zombie chef with beans and chicken wings on his head

LOL look at this scrub who doesn't have a zombie chef statue in his bathroom. You'll never make it in the world of interior design.

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

Ultraklystron posted:

Saw this on Facebook and thought of this thread:

They've just got to find the right buyers.

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

This just seems like it fucks up your work triangle. Moving between the new fridge position and the sink is going to be annoying with that island always in the way. Adding steps. The new design is also less friendly to having 2 or 3 people doing stuff in the kitchen at once, if that is something that happens in your kitchen.

Honestly in the shape of this space the L seems to do what you want more elegantly than the island. The problem with the L is it makes access to that one cabinet difficult, but the new design removes that cabinet anyway -- once the cabinet is gone there's no need to remove the L. The island struggles to fit two stools that will be in the way, while the L comfortably fits 3 without being in the way. You're trading one wide walkway to the dining room for two narrow ones, that doesn't really seem like a gain to me either. You aren't gaining counter space or cupboard space, it's just change for the sake of change.

falz posted:

Funny, I already am considering that exact sideboard in that exact spot.

As for why seats in kitchen.. different vibe, counter height, better for gatherings, less formal. And still the space thing.. too much open space in the kitchen is just odd to me.

I didn't taint the designer with this, but my original quick and dirty kitchen planner was this, which is pretty close but I most definitely don't have enough space on the top/bottom of the island.

Yeah this is just breaking off the L and moving it two feet to the side. You don't seem to gain anything. Same amount of counter space and cupboard space. But 1 fewer stool.

Kitchen islands are on trend right now, but so are ginormous kitchens. You don't have a ginormous kitchen, so squeezing in an island to be trendy may not work out the way you want. And who knows when the island trend will end and leave your kitchen weirdly cramped and "old fashioned".

If you are committed to getting an island I wouldn't also move the fridge. Going around the island to move between the fridge, sink and stove just looks aggravating. Without the island moving the fridge is neutral, it does add a step or two but you gain some valuable counter space right next to the stove. I'd do one or the other, but not both.

OTOH I live in an apartment with a tiny galley kitchen, so all these kitchens looks pretty good to me. :shrug:

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

40 pictures in a single post ha ha ha ha. I broke my scrolling finger. For reals I love the Zillow search term of the day, but when a post has more than 10 pictures it's hard to not zone out. It's also hard to reply, because quoting the whole thing is too long, and if I just want to talk about picture 27 that's going to be a chore to delete the right ones to keep the pic I want. Smaller bites let us really savor the best pictures.

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

Excellent.

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

I love the cheap plywood fence they put around the kitchen pit to keep people from falling in.

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

The Bloop posted:

HDR is over 9000!!!!!

It really brings out the colour in the ceiling stains. So many ceiling stains.

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

The floor staining there is real odd. I wonder what this room was? A chapel maybe?

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

Youth Decay posted:

The Zillow search term of the day is "Bavarian"

None of this is authentic, it's all trash. I used to live in Kimberley, the Bavarian city of the Canadian Rockies, so I'm kind of an expert.

You see those fiddly wood bits? Those are very important to the authentic Bavarian experience.

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

You know how sometimes someone has their PC in their bedroom or even livingroom and gets insulted for looking like a college dorm rather than refined adult living? Aliexpress has the solution.

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

Youth Decay posted:

Contemporary? Maybe? It gets fuzzy with newer construction.

The Zillow search term of the day is "if walls could talk".

I'm pretty sure this wall can talk, the problem is one door always tells the truth and the other always lies.

Okay not only can this house talk, it can transform into a giant wooden robot. I can't imagine any non-Transformer explanation for the ceiling and weird wall.

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

Who here likes open floor plans?

https://twitter.com/amcnal/status/1349401102622601217

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

actionjackson posted:

needed something to cover the bottom part of the window while I'm getting my cellular shades repaired, extremely shameful

All your neighbours will point and laugh.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

RIP.