Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

If I was a Russian oligarch I'd replace the toilet with a gold one and rock the gently caress out of that bachelor pad

Until I get married and my wife replaces everything with white and gold baroque trim

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

That is a nice painting though.

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

Zamboni Rodeo posted:

I'm at work so these are really quick and dirty. Turned down the saturation, adjusted shadows/highlights, applied filter to mimic a more natural light. Suddenly, it's Prince's guest bathroom (as the goon upthread suggested).

Huh, it almost works.

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

Overton is basically why you want a friend who's uglier than you are

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

haha yeah, toilet closets are definitely a normal thing me and all my friends' poor families could afford to have growing up

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

In the poop holster obv

underage at the vape shop posted:

Ive never ever been in a house with the toilet in the bathroom. Ensuites yes but never the main toilet. Its weird having to go through the bathroom to get to it, but its weirder having it in your bathroom at all.

What if you need to poo poo and someones in the shower? Going to the bathroom is a very american expression, the rest of the world says going to the toilet, because we dont poo poo where we clean

We do it because it's cheaper that way.

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

Around the world a lot has been said about our sense of dignity as Americans.

Rest assured, we'll let you know how we feel about it as soon as we find one.

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

Chewbot posted:

Yup, came here from Kotaku myself. Seeing an article outside of SA mentioning SA is weird, like being a kid and seeing your elementary school teacher shopping for groceries. Spent the last 4 hours reading the entire series of comments starting two years ago. Worth it.

It's been a heck of a moment.

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

Haifisch posted:

I'm a terrible person who read the comments, and there were more bad(but not beatmstrj-tier bad) bathrooms to be had:

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

Bad Munki posted:

e: whoops, that was some holocaust poo poo. Nevermind, got less funny. And here I thought a human skin lampshade would just be good old fashioned comedy.

:dogbutton:

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

The Dave posted:

Please stop posting my pictures.

lol

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

It's the master bathroom except placed directly in the master bedroom with no vent fans and no actual walls quarantining the water, steam, and stink into its own room.

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

Azza Bamboo posted:

Is this some kind of exhibitionist fetish suite?

https://twitter.com/brother_dag/status/1219024839131795456

so, yes

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

Sloth Life posted:

I will never really understand houses where you walk through bedroom 1 to get to bedroom 2. Like hi kids, you have sod all privacy mam and dad are just gonna waaaander through to the main bedroom!
Or worse, hi guests!

drgitlin posted:

It’s almost as if it was all that was available to an underclass because of a really racist society.

Yeah, remember shotgun houses are predominantly a southern US concept and associated with the poor, which unfortunately a lot of black families were (but at least they were no longer slaves). They're basically a case of making do with what you have and in that respect they're practical, even if privacy is less of a concern than surviving a winter and having a home at all.

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

actionjackson posted:

Also re: childproofing, at least the newer ranges, if they have controls at the front, tend to have some sort of child lock option

Yes but moving the knobs to the back of the stove is still effective and relatively simple when compared to other childproofing options. All them have drawbacks and, yes, moving the knobs on the stove to the back has some very obvious ones as well. But remember, just three years ago Brooklyn's deadliest blaze in thirty years was caused by a child playing with the front knobs on a stove and childproof options existed at that point too.

There's a reason a lot of multi-units in the US have back knob stovetops.

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

Basically if something considered customary in America looks weird to you it probably exists because of one of two factors:

1) We are not very bright, as a nation.
2) As above, but also if we don't do it this way many of us will die.

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

Urcher posted:

Explain stairs without rails. Everytime I see one itt I think "that must be in America because it wouldn't be legal here in Australia"

See item 1, also that is absolutely illegal but tell that to drunk DIY idiots.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

gaming chairs are a big market these days