Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

HycoCam
Jul 14, 2016

You should have backed Transverse!
If any of y'all are thrift store shoppers--always check the picture section. Antique/hardwood frames for less than $10 if your lucky. My framer has no problem re-purposing the old frames and it saves hundreds.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HycoCam
Jul 14, 2016

theflyingexecutive posted:

I don’t have a picture on me, but what’s a good way to jazz up the ~1.5 feet I have between the top of my kitchen cabinets and the ceiling? My apt was furnished pretty shoddily and the cabinets don’t have any molding on the top, they just stop. I don’t really need or want to store anything up there, so it doesn’t need to be a Strategic Kitchen Appliance Repository. Is there a name for that space that I can google for ideas?

RGBW LED strip lighting works well. Connect the strip lighting to a dawn/dusk outlet (like you use for Christmas lights) At night time you can get a nice glow which works as a kind of night light.

HycoCam
Jul 14, 2016

Rhyno posted:

Isn't he trying to sell this house?
https://twentytwowords.com/normal-looking-pennsylvania-home-has-a-surprise-sex-dungeon/

HycoCam
Jul 14, 2016

You guys need to lay off bEatmstrJ. Personally, I think it is time for him to take on a kitchen remodel...

e: just please keep us in the loop!

HycoCam
Jul 14, 2016

Snowy posted:

Cool thanks for all the input :3:

Besides Select Blinds and Home Depot are there any other brands especially worth checking out?

I do have some cats that could pose a problem but they usually gently caress with other things than curtains so fingers crossed.

http://www.awardblinds.com Have been using these guys for a several years, often buying 20+ blinds at a time. Have had issues with a few of the blinds and had no issues with getting them replaced. They have sent a new blind within days to replace the one with issues. Have not had to replace a blind due to a feline attack, yet... Before using awardblinds, in years past I've ordered Bali though Lowes and house brands from JustBlinds and Blinds.com. The Bali blinds are a little higher quality--but when I've had issues, it has required sending back the troubled blind and waiting for a replacement. JustBlinds and Blinds.com are ok, but the pricing is always all over the map.

HycoCam
Jul 14, 2016

On Halloween night--the scariest house on the block by a big margin.

HycoCam
Jul 14, 2016

I'm going to be upset if y'all have scared off BeamMasterJ and we don't get to see the kitchen remodel unfold...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HycoCam
Jul 14, 2016

I suspect the chandelier was removed from its normal space and hung in the garage because it does not convey with the house. i.e. the sellers are keeping the chandelier to put in their new house.