Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

The Ouya is BACK and they're mad as hell!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

Detective No. 27 posted:

GABE NEWELL IS RUNNING IN WITH A CHAIR

BAH GAWD! THAT'S KEVIN BUTLER'S MUSIC! WHAT THE SAM HELL IS HE DOING HERE?!

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

You want those lit details!??!?! Have no fear! DAYS GONE is gonna be at Sony E3!

You remember Days Gone, right?!!?!? Zombies!

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

I was really excited at first for Dead Island 2 because it was being done by Yager (Spec Ops: The Line) and I was curious to see what they could do with the formula but then they peaced out and last I checked it's an online-only sandbox MMO-flavored FPSRPG oriented around co-op.

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

Infinitum posted:

I can't loving wait to see Aisha Tyler meme this one up

:yeah:

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

Just in case you might have had even the slightest hope, no Beyond Good and Evil 2 isn't at E3.

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

Far Cry 5's debut trailer is out.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kdaoe4hbMso

News says that the main character is a created one this time around.

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

Yeah Far Cry 5's entire campaign is co-op friendly according to Ubi, so that's nice.

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

Real hurthling! posted:

Ms forced them to expand scope, feedback on expanded scope was bad, prompting an overhaul, now hype is dead and nobody cares unless it comes out and is a 10/10

If only I could remember some other instances where MS loving with games turned out badly..

:thunk:

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

Quest For Glory II posted:

it doesn't help that games like crackdown 3 have taken an eternity in development, while halo and gears are spinning their wheels. i'm trying to think of a Must Get tbh

Didn't Crackdown 3 not even have a developer when they announced it?

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

It's been a long time but does Sony still have such a grasp on Destiny that Microsoft can't even legally market it on Xbox? I remember back in the day they did that perfume ad about Destiny and got in poo poo for it.

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

Guy Goodbody posted:

Why do people keep getting excited for games that turn out to be bad?

Because typically we don't know if they're going to be bad until they come out! Not always though.

Sometimes it's really obvious when it's going to be bad.

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

Yeah that's when it's really obvious.

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

Apparently Take-Two isn't bringing anything to E3.

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

In case anyone was hoping, the Shenmue 3 guys just slipped in their newest update about character models that they're not going to E3 because they're focusing on game development for all of June.

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

Tickets to Sony's E3 Experience thing go on sale tomorrow. If you live somewhere in America or Canada and want to pay money to hoot and holler at a movie screen and get some swag for doing so then go get you a ticket?

I can't find where on that site to find a list of locations but here's one on a different site.

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

There's actually been a few weird coincidences popping up lately to suggest that Sony might actually have some kind of PSP3, like Sony Japan putting out job listings for their Sony Stores after E3 with mentions of "demonstrate new hardware" in store or the Chinese game media being invited by SCEJA for a "world first presentation of new hardware" but I can't imagine Sony seriously wants to take another swing at a portable in 2017 and these are likely just new PS4 Pro things or whatever. There is a years-old patent you can dig up that might have been PSP3 and it's effectively a Nintendo Switch but with Dual Shock controller parts instead of JoyCons.

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

Infinitum posted:

"Oh yeah this game looks really sweet, can't wait"
hnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnngggggggggghhhhhhhhhhhhhh that's the good poo poo right there

I liked the Shenmue 3 one on GameTrailers when they started climbing on chairs and screaming.

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

Sea of Thieves, maybe?

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

eonwe posted:

aisha was the only good thing about ubisoft conferences

It's time for Mr. Caffeine to make his runback.

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

The Star Citizen guys don't wanna miss their bed times.

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

Yeah I'd love to send them a video saying how much I loved playing Phantom Dust, Steel Battalion, Shenmue 2, and Metal Wolf Chaos on my OG Box but only one of those games exists on Xbox One and not in a capacity they would like to be reminded about.

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

I don't think the Sleeping Dogs team even exists anymore. They were making some bad looking free-to-play GTAO knockoff about Sleeping Dogs for PC then it just vanished?

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

Tifa better still call Barret a retard during the climb up the ShinRa stairwell.

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

DLC Inc posted:

Now I want Naughty Dog to gently caress off with Last Of Us 2: Cry Harder and make a straight up celestial horror adventure game

From Software could just make the last third of Bloodborne into its own game and you're there.

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

Sony CEO confirms their conference this year will be a "software showcase" like last year's, jokes that we'll see him talk for maybe "90 seconds."

also something about having big japanese games or something i dunno they say that every year

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

Liquid Ocelot punking Snake in Shadow Moses and running away while laughing and pointing at him right after that epic Metal Gear battle is still one of my favorite moments in the series. He's just so happy to be running away from Snake!

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

Needs more Metroidvania elements and 2D pixel art.

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

Also unlike Microsoft, Sega still makes games that people actually want to play.

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

I never played it but Zero Divide always sounded like a cool name for a shmup or something.

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

I was cool with Phantom Dust HD remaster because I had virtually zero faith in Microsoft being able to create a faithful, good remake.

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

No Mods No Masters posted:

I think they should have noctis in it. Hire me squeenix

good news hes in it

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

Square went gently caress it and officially announced it

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UJpgPiwURMM

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

https://twitter.com/HIDEO_KOJIMA_EN/status/872460812434128896

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

"Rocks fall, everybody dies" only the rocks are Tom Brady hail marys and you dying is your team's chances.

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

It might have not been covered here but Nintendo released the schedule for their Treehouse events at E3 and have revealed that their E3 Spotlight event is only going to be about 30 minutes long, as the first Treehouse event begins half an hour after the scheduled start time of the Spotlight.

And because it's E3, it's time for some vintage E3 memes like your favorite! Fake blurry photo of a piece of paper with games printed on it!

It just ain't the same without FF7 remake rumors... Yeah, I know they can shift to when it's going to come out but that just ain't the same.

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

https://twitter.com/tomwarren/status/872756833127190528

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

There have actually been a few reports and scant details that may suggest COD: WW2 might come to Switch but nothing substantial.

Sakurazuka posted:

Not unless Dreamcast emulation is better than last time I tried it. 2 got an original Xbox release but I don't believe it was a 360 BC game either.

Shenmue 2 works on 360.

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

DLC Inc posted:

that was legit insane. after a year of "pro leakers" telling us what we'd see and how great Mother 3 would be, some random gently caress on 4chan completely revealed the entire thing days before it happened. I remember seeing "ARMS" and thinking what the gently caress even is this.

Pictured: A year of leakers being blown the gently caress out

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

Infinitum posted:

I hope companies just gently caress with known leakers, and just feed them a bunch of fake poo poo

"Oh yeah yeah, we're totally making a new Blast Corps game for the Switch"
:negative:

Some companies actually do that. If there's a leak somewhere that's routinely legitimate they'll start throwing out various leaks to other people but each finely tuned in such a way that if and when it leaks they'll know exactly who the guy is. It's sort of like how Blizzard has weird, unique pixels on their betas tuned to each user so if something leaks they can ID the guy even if they obfuscate their identity in the leaks.

I know NeoGAF used to have a couple of really solid, very well accredited leak guys who vanished after a couple years due to this stuff.

• Locked thread