Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Literally A Person
Jan 1, 1970

Smugworth Wuz Here
*raises child in Foucault-ian pan-optihell*

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Literally A Person
Jan 1, 1970

Smugworth Wuz Here
https://twitter.com/LAiiLAii_/status/479160797017694208

Not at all setting your child up for isolation and social awkwardness...

Literally A Person
Jan 1, 1970

Smugworth Wuz Here

Speedboat Jones posted:

There actually was an episode of that UK home makeover show Grand Designs where some bitch designed her house based on the panopticon, and she said that was the intent.

I wonder if she knew what she was saying? That is, the actual context of her statement in relation to, you know, every foundational work about prisons.

God, I hope she works in marketing/advertising.

Literally A Person fucked around with this message at 20:05 on May 25, 2017

Literally A Person
Jan 1, 1970

Smugworth Wuz Here

alpaca diseases posted:

do they provide bags of pre squeezed diaper poo poo so we can train little Caign to go potty on schedule like Pavlovs dogs?

lol, that's what drugs are for.

Literally A Person
Jan 1, 1970

Smugworth Wuz Here

This is all I see everytime I smoke reefer. I smoke daily.

Literally A Person
Jan 1, 1970

Smugworth Wuz Here

phasmid posted:

Not having kids, I still don't understand this one. Is it about them fitting in with peers who also have phones - expensive ones, too - or is it just some kind of Helicopter-Parent tracking device for their purposes?

Both, and an alternative to Thorazine.

Literally A Person
Jan 1, 1970

Smugworth Wuz Here

etalian posted:

The millennial parenting solution when the kid gets angry or bored is just put them in front a Ipad.

This, but somehow they think it's better than television...

Literally A Person
Jan 1, 1970

Smugworth Wuz Here

Chomp8645 posted:

Really not any different than the last generation's solution being "put them in front of a Nintendo".

You're missing the point. Things I did when I was a kid were totally functional and not at all dangerous to my development. It's the way kids are parented now that sucks. Duh.

Literally A Person
Jan 1, 1970

Smugworth Wuz Here

54 40 or gently caress posted:

Excuse you but Pnurtis is going to Regionals with that spinner. We bought an artisanal spinner off Etsy for $320 but can you really put a price on your child's whimsy?

Yes, it's a $7 GI Joe.

Literally A Person
Jan 1, 1970

Smugworth Wuz Here

phasmid posted:

If you look at toys' prices now versus around 20 years ago it's pretty ridiculous. Action figures selling for like 16 bux plus tax? I wouldn't have had many action figures as a kid.

Marketing people know millennial parents will buy them so they can secretly collect in the guise of buying presents for their children.

Literally A Person
Jan 1, 1970

Smugworth Wuz Here

etalian posted:

Takes picture of baby next to Hillary coffee cup.

Literally A Person
Jan 1, 1970

Smugworth Wuz Here

Rutibex posted:

bonsai baby

veal?

Literally A Person
Jan 1, 1970

Smugworth Wuz Here

Barudak posted:

*Are accosted by armed mugger while out with only son, attempt to reason with him instead of giving into his demands*

*Die*

Alternatively:

*gives mugger whole purse before a threat is made*

*explains to son that the mugger doesn't want to rob them, he has to*

Literally A Person
Jan 1, 1970

Smugworth Wuz Here
*has nervous breakdown when child is 18 and expects parent to pay for all necessary life expenses because un-school was unaccredited and was in no way a pipeline to a college or trade school*

Literally A Person
Jan 1, 1970

Smugworth Wuz Here

phasmid posted:

Time to join the army!

God I wish the IRL person I was posting about had the backbone.

Literally A Person
Jan 1, 1970

Smugworth Wuz Here

CAN U FEEL IT YEAH posted:

Did they carry him around in a sling?

No, the parent converted to millennial parenting when she got a divorce. You know, substituting her child for a functional relationship then marrying a decent but rich dude that she has little interest in.

Literally A Person
Jan 1, 1970

Smugworth Wuz Here

spasticColon posted:

:yikes:

jesus h christ this loving world :staredog:

fixed

Literally A Person
Jan 1, 1970

Smugworth Wuz Here

Panfilo posted:

Everyone knows millennials are lazy, and parenting is a ton of work, so it comes to no surprise that a millennial parent is going to stuff their little Wholock in a flowerpot for 22 hours a day.

but talk incessantly about how good of a parent they are.

Literally A Person
Jan 1, 1970

Smugworth Wuz Here

Panfilo posted:

It's the inverse effect. Women who like to go on about what a good mom they are tend to be terrible, and women that beat themselves up about being a bad mom are decent to good, because being a good parent requires you be at least self aware of your shortcomings and work to improve.

Self-awareness kinda stopped being a thing.

see: facebook

Literally A Person
Jan 1, 1970

Smugworth Wuz Here
*child is so scared of the world outside parents arms that if anything challenges child's preconceived notions they literally have a panic attack*

*in an elevator*

*while I am there*

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Literally A Person
Jan 1, 1970

Smugworth Wuz Here

ProperCoochie posted:

I hear that compared to previous generations, Millennials are slightly less likely to march into whatever foreign nation their government says to and wildly fire into a crowded marketplace. How dare they not mercilessly and blindly kill whatever persons the corporate controlled government labels the flavor-of-the-decade supreme enemy. The loving nerve.

See, this guy gets it!

• Locked thread