Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

nopants
May 29, 2004

Raxivace posted:

The correct order to view Twin Peaks in is actually Blue Velvet > Fire Walk With Me > The International Version of the Pilot > Any given Let's Play of Silent Hill 2 > Deadly Premonition (Xbox 360 version) > Eraserhead > Inland Empire

This will provide the best viewing experience IMO.

Uh huh, and where do I put my feet?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

nopants
May 29, 2004
Lodge spy vs lodge spy is my poo poo

nopants
May 29, 2004
Lynch unleashed for 18 episodes

nopants
May 29, 2004
Note: cooper died on the way to his hone planet.

nopants
May 29, 2004

romanowski posted:

is there like no music in this show? there have been several scenes that feel like there's supposed to be music but they're silent aside from dialogue and sound effects and it feels like there's supposed to be music but it's not playing. am i crazy??

Wtf are you talking about? There's always beautiful music

nopants
May 29, 2004
Twin peaks has a whole csi unit while hawk fucks around with the log lady

nopants
May 29, 2004

Gnumonic posted:

I can't figure out if Wally is comic relief or the creepiest character that's ever been on the show.

Wally and Hurley are gonna meet up. We'll get to see their adventures every week.

nopants
May 29, 2004
A four episode invitation to love.

nopants
May 29, 2004

Under the vegetable posted:

I will say right now, a lot of people are going to talk poo poo on this tv show, and try to act cool and smart about it, and they will be wrong.

Wont be nothin compared to defending preorb trump

nopants
May 29, 2004

eSporks posted:

Can we please refer to him as Danzig? TIA

This thing hit all the right notes for me. I was a bit worried the quirky humor would be lost, but the whole bit with cops and the apartment lady was incredible. I could watch a full episode of those cops trying to get into the apartment. The Michael Cera Motorcycle monlogue had me in stitches. I just loved how the Sheriff how had no idea how to react. I am A-OK with absolute schlock and cheese like that as long as its self aware.

I am a bit confused by Dougie though, and I expect we all are. I get he was some sort of vessel to allow coop out, but was he created by danzig so he could stay, or by some force working against the black lodge? He was also presumably an actual person with an actual life who existed before all of this happened?

EDIT: Are we doing spoilers?

I assumed the doppelgänger created or used dougie so coop would have another vessel. If evil coop kept his mouth closed long enough, coop would get zapped into Dougie.

nopants fucked around with this message at 06:49 on May 22, 2017

nopants
May 29, 2004
This whole revival was a con to get pictures of maclachlan in that jacket.

nopants
May 29, 2004
Cooper hosed up when he didn't suck the fire out of his doppelgänger's head

nopants
May 29, 2004

Liquid Dinosaur posted:

Can someone remind me, is Shadow Cooper just Bob or is he a separate entity from Bob?

Also, is the fat man's corpse under the covers in Ep 1 Briggs? That's what I interpreted it as.

Shadow Cooper was presented as its own entity in the black lodge. there were also shadow versions of leeland, laura, and the man from another place. it hasnt been made clear whether evil cooper is shadow cooper or some hybrid of shadow cooper and bob

nopants
May 29, 2004
Lol if you haven't bought a gold poo poo-digging shovel for 29.95 and are still waist deep in poo poo

nopants
May 29, 2004
The dr jacoby shovel mystery being that he sells gold poo poo-digging shovels is so loving funny

nopants
May 29, 2004

General Dog posted:

The long shot of Amanda Seyfried staring up at the sun was so loving good

Not as good as the gold poo poo-digging shovels for 29.95 reveal.

nopants
May 29, 2004
What was the xfiles reference?

nopants
May 29, 2004
Next episode dougie eats pie and smells Douglas firs for thirty minutes

nopants
May 29, 2004

No Mods No Masters posted:

Forster's Truman seems to spend most of his days staring evenly while people say insane things to him at length, and I relate to that deeply and respect him

His scene with his wife reminded me of Big Ed and Nadine early on.

nopants
May 29, 2004
I don't know what the guy screamed at the diner, but when watching I assumed he was asking if anybody had seen the truck owner that was supposed to o meet Andy on that mountain road. That guy's probably dead.

nopants
May 29, 2004
I'm watching the first episode of season one. It makes me sad that harry s Truman won't be in this season. He and coop had such great chemistry.

nopants
May 29, 2004

Gully Foyle posted:

That scene in the morgue corridor gave me some good old fashioned chills. I love how ominous it felt, even though from an objective view nothing actually happened.

drat fine episode there.

Yeah, but it was some portending some messed up stuff will happen in the future. I was half expecting the spirit guy to walk into that room and tear up the detectives.

nopants
May 29, 2004

No Mods No Masters posted:

The Arm is always up to some bullshit

All the lodge people except for maybe the giant are shady. The evolution of the arm and mike love some pain and suffering.

nopants
May 29, 2004

Baloogan posted:

lol @ the overlap between cspam and twin peaks

surreal dreamscapes!

If cspam gets shut down for putting low tax under FBI investigation, thus should be the refugee thread.

nopants
May 29, 2004
I hope we get a good coop vs evil coop fight scene.

nopants
May 29, 2004
I've figured out the classic Lynch twist for this season of twin peaks. The last eight episodes will be all of twin peaks coming together to reenact the events of the season one in an effort to bring back the real dale cooper. the season finale will end on a massive cliffhanger. is the real dale cooper back or is dougie just repeating what hawk said? there will not be another season.

nopants
May 29, 2004

KillerQueen posted:

Did the original series ever explain the horse?

that was windom earle and leo johnson in a costume

nopants
May 29, 2004
I'm so hard right now

nopants
May 29, 2004
I'm really upset that this episode didn't advance the plot everybody

nopants
May 29, 2004
Was the got a light hobo monster Abe Lincoln?

nopants
May 29, 2004

el oso posted:

If you're not watching this show with headphones, you really should be. The sound design in the series is incredible - this episode and especially the scene with the hobos digging & spreading Dirty Coop's blood were 10x more effective being totally immersed in it with a good set of cans.

is vodka a good substitute for headphones?

nopants
May 29, 2004

Section 9 posted:

I'm on my third watch with subtitles to make sure I got all the dialogue right (thanks to whoever suggested that, I think it was Rageaholic Monkey) and I'm not sure why I bothered. But when the Giant comes out, is he actually looking at us, the audience?

Well, dammit, now I'm going to have to add another watch with just headphones.

the giant first postures in such a way, farther away from the screen, that it appears he is aware of the audience. he then gets up close to the camera and looks directly at it. the whole thing, when combined with him viewing the a-bomb test that we also witnessed, really points to him breaking the third wall.

nopants
May 29, 2004

Section 9 posted:

I mean, you're not gonna get drunk through your ears...

Edit: Or do I need yet another watch with vodka in my ears? This is such a complicated show to watch.

vodka with headphones is a the preferred method for viewing lynch in the year 2017

nopants
May 29, 2004
the hobo ghosts dont even seem sentient to me. they act more like they are programmed to fulfill a a purpose and then gently caress off afterwards. i feel sorry for hobo lincoln who died looking for a light during an a-bomb test and then was brought back to brain smash some people and recite poem magic so frogroach bob could climb inside some poor girl's mouth

nopants
May 29, 2004

snoremac posted:

Who is the Woodsman? I watched Twin Peaks and FWWM for the first time last week and don't remember him.

It's kinda buried beneath everything else this episode but I liked Ray's shocked attempt to explain what he'd just witnessed to Phillip.

a lot of people think the woodsman is the log lady's husband who died in the ghostwwod and also her log

nopants
May 29, 2004
explain everything to me right now thread. geez

nopants
May 29, 2004

Polo-Rican posted:

Laura's face in the golden orb is goofy as hell but interesting because it puts the focus on Laura yet again. If she comes directly from the giant's head, that's pretty loving significant. Maybe this whole thing will end with her destroying Bob inside or outside of the black lodge. Who knows?? I've never in my life had less of an idea of how a story would end

laura's gonna journey into the black lodge to defeat bob but get possessed by him instead

nopants
May 29, 2004

Boner Zone posted:

This ep was good and nuclear test sequence owned but holy poo poo idk if I'll ever be able to not tune out every musical guest scene in this season

The only band scenes I remember from the original is like Julee Cruise maybe? But I seem to remember most of those scenes mostly being background for the characters that were actually in the bar interacting. Am I going just blocking out a bunch of these scenes or are the cuts to a musical guests just a thing on the new show?

I guess I tend to give Lynch the benefit of the doubt that he's just loving with the audience or fans of the original in some way here because the only one of these scenes this season with actual characters at the bar that I remember is when we get that hilarious line about James still being cool, but man I find these scenes really jarring and cringey after dealing with the extreme slow burn of the show, maybe that's the point? Who the gently caress knows with this guy

"you want julee cruise singing in the background of donna and james reuniting in the roadhouse? gently caress you here's a cut to the nine inch nails with no known characters in sight" -the lynchmeister

maybe lynch thinks the music scenes are cool even though you dont like them

nopants
May 29, 2004
did the girl find the penny before or after we first saw the woodsman that looked suspiciously like abraham lincoln?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

nopants
May 29, 2004

TheMaestroso posted:

(seems like I keep finding interesting stuff)

According to Secret History, there were UFO sightings at Holloman Air Force Base, New Mexico in February of 1955. For reference, Holloman is adjacent to White Sands.

probably just orbs bringing woodsmen to earth