Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Martman
Nov 20, 2006

There's not enough promotion, that means the studios know it's bad and are ashamed of it!

Wait, I mean, there's too much promotion! That means the studios know it's bad and are trying to trick people!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Martman
Nov 20, 2006

Ghosthotel posted:

Imagine interacting with that guy in real life.
Oh yeah? Well imagine interacting with Hitler!!

Checkmate.

Martman
Nov 20, 2006

Tenzarin posted:

Isn't rotten tomatoes owned by WB?
Tell that to BvS's snapped neck.

Martman
Nov 20, 2006

quote:

Diana stands apart from the previous DCEU heroes by simply being not human, and not ‘of’ the modern world.
The quote already includes an additional point obviously distinguishing Diana from Clark Kent if you're not super disingenuous about it.

Martman
Nov 20, 2006

Ferrinus posted:

What I'm not seeing here is reference to any specific mistake or deficiency.
"Pedestrian" + "failed" = "it's just bad"

Martman
Nov 20, 2006

Glagha posted:

The more i think about it more that the last fight scene was extremely anime. Like straight up DBZ. They talk for a while, someone flies at the other one, punches are exchanged, more talking, more floating around, and it ends with a straight up kamehameha. I would have liked it had this been what the Dragon Ball live action movie turned into. As it was in this movie is was more eehhhhhhhh but it was Wonder Woman so I cut it a hell of a lot of slack.
Krillin even got blown up to let her go Super Saiyan.

Martman
Nov 20, 2006

DeimosRising posted:

If you could manage a coherent argument that Snyder is bad or the films are fascist apologia sure but as it stands your "call out" toothless and empty
Umm, Ayn Rand?? Rotten Tomatoes score????

Case closed.

Martman
Nov 20, 2006

I think Diana being a woman who has studied sex and is genuinely interested in it, and not in some awful anime harem girl way, is a pretty good step forward. And this is in the context of superhero movies where men themselves are often shown having very immature/childish senses of sexuality.

Also, the scene where she's so happy to see a baby, not necessarily for any maternal reason, but because she's literally never seen a baby. It was a funny twist, and shows Wonder Woman having a confidence that means she does what she wants even if someone might view her as a feminine stereotype as a result. And I think that kind of confidence is exactly what Jenkins is arguing with Cameron about; it's not just that Patti thinks a character can be any kind of woman, but that Wonder Woman herself thinks that.

Martman
Nov 20, 2006

SuperMechagodzilla posted:

That's why he has a moustache:
I appreciate that you've addressed the most important question in the film when no one else has.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Martman
Nov 20, 2006

Snowglobe of Doom posted:

Holy gently caress this thing has legs.
Stop objectifying her!!

• Locked thread