Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

Sir Kodiak posted:

Looking forward to this one. And that's a great looking OP, teagone.

Same.

Bought my tickets the day they went on sale.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

Grendels Dad posted:

I wonder how they'll fit her name into the movie. My guess would be war propaganda in the vein of Captain America that somehow sticks, but I'd also be OK with no one in this or any movie to come ever utters the phrase "Wonder Woman".

some injured dude in a trench, "my god... what is she doing?! does she think she's some kind of WONDER WOMAN?!?!?!?!?"

or after deflecting bullets in no man's land:

same injured trench dude "SHE'S LIKE SOME KIND OF WONDER WOMAN!"

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007
I want Armond White's review already.

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007
Is Chris Pine the only member of her team to die or does everyone in "the photo" bite it as well? (besides WW of course)

MacheteZombie fucked around with this message at 20:37 on May 30, 2017

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

Leon Trotsky 2012 posted:

Kind of a spoiler for people who haven't seen it yet.

But Pine is the only major character that does it.

Yeah sorry meant to spoiler that. Edited in the spoiler tag.

Was hoping for the other option.

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007
Steve will probably end up a GL

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

Deadulus posted:

Land it back at the airfield it just took off from. Blow it up on the ground like they blew up the warehouse stocked full of the gas.

The suicide didn't really make much sense.

I believe Diana stated she didn't want to explode and kill all the people there. Burning it up in the sky was presented as the best available option.

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007
I simultaneously liked and disliked the ending part with her jumping off a rooftop while voice over wrapped things up for us.

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

RBA Starblade posted:

I regularly forget that subforum exists now.

So did 99% of SA

Panfilo posted:

I'm not entirely certain if Wonder Woman can fly or if she just has really huge floaty Hulk Jumps. Because Ares could, and she's obviously on par with him in the end.

I kinda dig how her super power set wasn't fully defined. She can just do it all when need be and that's fine with me.

Tenzarin posted:

She wouldn't be a super hero if she didn't have a monologue on a roof.

Agreed

MacheteZombie fucked around with this message at 22:03 on Jun 5, 2017

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

Uncle Wemus posted:

Armond White seemed let down. Whens SMG out of cat jail?

11 more days until his spicy hot takes come flying in from the zizek kitchen.

White's review for those interested: http://www.nationalreview.com/article/448213/wonder-woman-pc-heroine-lacks-passion-complexity

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

hiddenriverninja posted:

This guy should be fired for making up the word "She-ro"

that term predates White and he puts in scare quotes purposefully

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

As insightful as ever, lol

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007
I thought romance angle was a bit boring as well op

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

Mr. Apollo posted:

I don't understand the complaint about Diana thinking of Steve in the final battle and not Antiope. Isn't the whole point that Diana thinks of Steve not just because he's her love interest but because he is an example of the good in humans and therefore she chooses to "believe in love" and not help Ares destroy humanity? I don't see how recalling Antiope during that scene would have the same impact. If anything it would reinforce the negative side of humanity since they're the ones whole killed her.

I would have preferred her WWI friends being that example instead of it hammering home STEVE as the primary driver.

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007
They've already made 1 Harley Quinn movie with another planned, and Batgirl is in the pipe

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007
It's a visual play on the Angels of Mons. As discussed already

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007
I saw GB in a theater filled with girl scouts who had an absolute blast watching it.

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007
owned

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

He needs a crew called "The Tolerant Left"

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

howe_sam posted:

Huh, they also did this in Affleck's Daredevil.

Turns out Affleck was just self medicating on set and directors slipped it into the movies.

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007
Are there two movies about Wonder Woman's creator coming out? A documentary and fictional movie? Can't remember at the moment.

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

MacheteZombie posted:

Are there two movies about Wonder Woman's creator coming out? A documentary and fictional movie? Can't remember at the moment.

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

teagone posted:

Think there's only the film coming out starring Luke Evans and Rebecca Hall http://www.imdb.com/title/tt6133130/ No upcoming documentary I'm aware of.

Ty teagone.

Was thinking I might be going insane since I couldn't find info about the documentary.

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007
So the WW blu features an extra "epilogue" scene
https://www.bleedingcool.com/2017/08/13/wonder-woman-home-video-release-will-feature-epilogue-new-footage/

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007
judging by the number of XXX XANDER loving CAGE noms there are, 0%

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

Mr. Apollo posted:

I wasn't being serious. :cheeky:

Haha I was mostly shocked by the number of xxx noms

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

Neo Rasa posted:

Suicide Squad won two Oscars.

A technical Oscar for best makeup, which isn't as outlandish as everyone thinks.

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

Neo Rasa posted:

You can definitely make a case for Star Trek Beyond deserving it more for the variety of makeup (and the prehensile claw hair was amazing) , but I just like it because I like referring to it as the *MULTIPLE OSCAR AWARD WINNING FILM* Suicide Squad.

I thought Beyond was going to win it based on that one thing alone, and was pretty surprised SS beat it out. Had to be because of Croc, because he ruled.

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

RedSpider posted:

Since when can't men criticize female characters, you dumb twat? Especially someone like Cameron, who's written plenty of stronger female characters than WW?

:thunk:

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

Neo Rasa posted:

Viola Davis won best supporting actress for her role in it.

lol no she did not, she won it for Fences

e: unless that's the joke :ohdear:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

Mr. Apollo posted:

I was thinking that we might see the original trident as some sort of almost sacred relic.

Also, this is pretty cool.

https://twitter.com/GalGadot/status/908539706077462529

When they make Batman Beyond this should be how the bat signal works

• Locked thread