Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours
The actually distinct version of WW is too real for Hollywood so she pretty much has to be Xena. I fear Black Panther, great cast aside, will be utterly basic as well. The world's not ready for a militant radical black superhero (as opposed to a stoic monarch), just like they're not ready for the femdom superheroine.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours

BrianWilly posted:

It's not exactly about him being bulky, either. If you watch pro wrestling, you see that all these brickhouses come across real flexible and all swinging limbs and light as feathers.

The thing about this is that it looks stupid and bad, and exactly like what it is, two guys cooperating to do some poo poo that couldn't even concievably occur in real life. It's not even selfconsciously stupid, like gunkata.

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours
No, wrestling is good. That is bad.

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours

Davros1 posted:

Do you think people are fighting for real in movies?

Look at that linked clip - what "story" are these two athletes telling? Don't make me bump the Foxcatcher thread!

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD fucked around with this message at 21:31 on Jun 28, 2017

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours
Bruce Wayne barely maintains any pretense, the lovely smirk on his face is daring someone to out him as Batman.

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours

Mr. Apollo posted:

I assumed that was a by product of being obscenely wealthy.

Batman's only superpower is being obscenely wealthy. Everyone knows better than to bring it up, the cops don't care because he's on their side. Clark probably doesn't know because he's "new to Metropolis". Lex clearly knows and says so to his face, Diana can smell it on him.

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours
I think it's a combination of her being a keen observer and him being not particularly subtle or discreet.

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours
The White Portugese thing is a good example of Bruce being too clever by half.

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours

Mr. Apollo posted:

Do you mean his assumption that it's a person?

Alfred figures it out in like two seconds but Bruce is so toy oriented that he figures he needs to bust out the mass spectrometer to hunt for clues. Lois is a far better detective just by doing her job.

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours

Mr. Apollo posted:

Yeah Bruce is fixated on it being a guy trying to smuggle a dirty bomb into Gotham. Alfred says something like "maybe it's a woman or maybe it's not a person and is simply a phantasm".
I assume that's supposed to tie into his "I've been doing this for 20 years and don't give a gently caress anymore" attitude. Diana and Clark seem to be motivated by a sense of "doing the right thing" but Bruce is motivated by a sense of revenge and also that this is all he knows.

His tendency in the film is to arrive at a conclusion and work backward to prove it.

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours
The last 3-4 appearances of Batman on film have convinced me the only humor these films should attempt is making fun of Batman.

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours

howe_sam posted:

Huh, they also did this in Affleck's Daredevil.

Well, not coincidentally, both of those things are referring to Frank Miller's takes on those characters.

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours
If BvS didn't get an Oscar Best Picture nod, no superhero film ever should with the possible exception of Spiderman 2.

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours

ImpAtom posted:

But DCU didn't produce Mystery Men?

It produced Mystery Men 2, which released last year to mixed reviews and great box office.

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours
It won best Villain.

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours

They got vouging at Barclay's now?

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours

Equeen posted:

So are you purposely ignoring the fact that she's Jewish or what? Yeah, she definitely checks a lot of Western beauty standard boxes, but it's not very often that you see an olive-skinned foreign actress star in a big American blockbuster.

Israelis are Western, white and European up until the time comes to score some points.

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours

This is just an endorsement of that mediocrity, though.

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours

BrianWilly posted:

In other words, we are not equal until we are all afforded the same opportunities to be equally mediocre.

I reject this falsehood utterly.

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours
The great feminist heroine Lucy eschews violence in the most radical way possible, and that's only mildly out there.

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours

TychoCelchuuu posted:

No, Batman vs. Superman was earlier and she wasn't a sexy Jewish Mossad agent in that.

She wasn't?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours

300 drones. What a world we live in.

• Locked thread