Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
The D in Detroit
Oct 13, 2012

RedSpider posted:

Even if this movie doesn't outright suck, you know Justice League will. DC continues to be a dumpster fire.

Sound logic.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The D in Detroit
Oct 13, 2012

BrianWilly posted:

but y'know, I think the greatest thing this movie can and will do for the world is to be so much more accepted and well-received than MoS that far fewer movies will be like MoS from now on. Not just from the DCEU, but across all studios and genres. :allears: It ain't a sure thing yet but I live in hope.

So you're hoping for less great movies?

Tenzarin posted:

Please don't ignore Halle Berry.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Supergirl_(film)

The D in Detroit
Oct 13, 2012

Snowglobe of Doom posted:

BrianWilly is saying that WW is the first female superhero

How could you forget FANTOMAH

The D in Detroit
Oct 13, 2012
Man of Steel has a big heart, I'm not sure why you'd want to destroy it.

The D in Detroit
Oct 13, 2012

RedSpider posted:

There is simply no way this film deserves a 97% RT score. Something is fishy.

that's Aquaman you're thinking of.

The D in Detroit
Oct 13, 2012
If saving the world makes you a sociopath, sure.

The D in Detroit
Oct 13, 2012

Judakel posted:

*moves out of the way of a truck instead of stopping it*

Yea, he realizes his mistake and is pretty distracted, which leads to Zod beating the poo poo out of him.

The D in Detroit
Oct 13, 2012

MrJacobs posted:

I would also argue that MoS brought out the otherworldly nature of kryptonians with the smallville fight, showing that a goddamned A-10 is loving useless against these gods from above and how hosed everyone is without Superman on their side. MoS brings a feeling of "these people are some next-level poo poo." far stronger than any Marvel film.

and after that you have the loving World Engine.

The D in Detroit
Oct 13, 2012

Vegetable posted:

I loving cried when Wonder Woman leapt from her trench and charged the land of no man. Nothing from superhero movies I've seen have captured the sense of heroism so acutely yet. Invulnerability is a big part of the recipe, you idiots.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-waJsBs0eBQ

The D in Detroit
Oct 13, 2012

mastershakeman posted:

Since Ww got a floating Christ pose just like Superman, I'm really hoping Aquaman, flash and cyborg all get similar shots and Batman's the only guy without one.

he gets one in the beginning of Batman V Superman.

The D in Detroit
Oct 13, 2012

mastershakeman posted:

damnit, where? I don't remember that

The D in Detroit
Oct 13, 2012

Drifter posted:

The superspeed is MoS and BvS is loving awesome, get out of here. :mad:

The D in Detroit
Oct 13, 2012
I can't imagine watching Man of Steel and thinking any of the action is bad. It looks good even when it's a lovely GIF.

The D in Detroit
Oct 13, 2012
those paintings are cool and all but what if they were in color?

The D in Detroit
Oct 13, 2012
Wrestling is stupid and bad, yes.

Except that time Batman showed up.

The D in Detroit
Oct 13, 2012

Mr. Apollo posted:

Since WW and Etta are best friends in the comics, I wonder how they'll handle Etta in the sequel. Assuming it's set in modern-ish times she'd be like 90+ years old. I wonder if we'll get Etta's granddaughter working with WW or maybe they'll just disregard that aspect of her.

working for Ra's al Ghul has its perks.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The D in Detroit
Oct 13, 2012

Inescapable Duck posted:

...I'd try to explain the definition of a superhero to you lot, but I have a feeling that's going nowhere.

Jet Jaguar is a real hero, a real human being.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5-CvNxRs5Zs

• Locked thread