Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Javes
May 6, 2012

ASK ME ABOUT APPEARING OFFLINE SO I DON'T HAVE TO TELL FRIENDS THEY'RE NOT GOOD ENOUGH FOR MY VIDEO GAME TEAM.
The 4v4 change reads to me that Bungie really wants the crucible to play more like Halo and to have more of an emphasis on making Destiny esports compatible (lol).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Javes
May 6, 2012

ASK ME ABOUT APPEARING OFFLINE SO I DON'T HAVE TO TELL FRIENDS THEY'RE NOT GOOD ENOUGH FOR MY VIDEO GAME TEAM.
Wait I'm confused, people are upset that Bungie is widening the skill gap in the crucible? Isn't that a desired attribute in any competitive game?

Javes
May 6, 2012

Does the scoreboard not show K/D?

Javes
May 6, 2012

Thankfully they're classified as power weapons now and Bungie doesn't need to worry about their balancing as much.

Javes
May 6, 2012

There's another download after the initial one? Ugh what's the point of preloading...

Javes
May 6, 2012

Ularg posted:

This is a first for me. Just one day of the beta and I'm pretty much just done. Go back to playing FF14 or something.

I'm kinda feeling the same. I forgot how slow the pvp in destiny is.

Javes
May 6, 2012

Lol Bungie must be pissed about Jason Schrier repeatedly getting leaked information about Destiny.

Javes
May 6, 2012

Kinda crazy that we're still getting recycled stuff that was originally supposed to be in vanilla Destiny.

Javes
May 6, 2012

Kinda weird how the destiny community is treating 'amount of content in the game' as a spoiler.

Javes fucked around with this message at 18:28 on Sep 1, 2017

Javes
May 6, 2012

I remember him being called 'Bromnigul' by the chat during a Bungie stream for his incessant screaming lol

Javes
May 6, 2012

Ultimate Mango posted:

Wait how is this game not released on Tuesday like every other dumb game?

Labor weekend most likely. Bungie probably doesn't want to launch a game right after a holiday weekend.

Javes
May 6, 2012

Gonna enjoy dunking on nerds until I get banished to the G Fuel MLG sweaty SBMM bracket.

Javes
May 6, 2012

Physical media in 2017 LUL

Javes
May 6, 2012

Uses a XIM and kd still starts with a 1:smith:

Javes
May 6, 2012

Bungie wants to recreate competitive Halo (lol).

Javes
May 6, 2012

Fewer players means the chaff have fewer options to blame for being reamed by the enemy team.

Javes
May 6, 2012

Wazzit posted:

What if I'm bad and 6v6 meant there was more of a chance that someone was just as bad as me?

Sorry, Destiny is epsorts now :smith:

Javes
May 6, 2012

My dude you've had a week to preload.

Javes
May 6, 2012

The ramen emote is so good holy poo poo.

Javes
May 6, 2012

Is the discord channel we're using 'destiny goons'?

Edit: OK thanks

Javes
May 6, 2012

Reddit is losing its poo poo over the shader thing lol

Javes
May 6, 2012

Any guess as to how much xur will charge for an exotic?

Javes
May 6, 2012

Yo, how do you get the KD emblem?

Javes
May 6, 2012

I tested the Rat King with a group of 3 in the open world and there was no damage increase.

Javes
May 6, 2012

Can someone present me an argument on why pvp is bad that doesn't involve "its harder to solo queue?"

Javes
May 6, 2012

Kinda hilarious that the post credits stinger from this game is still using assets from what was supposed to be in vanilla D1.

Javes
May 6, 2012

If I remember correctly there was an adventure mission that I did that had some dialogue mentioning there was a new successor to Oryx trying to find a way to get to our world.

Javes
May 6, 2012

I'm gonna guess 270 to start the raid and the boss will drop 300 level gear.

Javes
May 6, 2012

strangemusic posted:

I'm struggling to think of where to get my gear to 270 from. I'm about 265 at the moment and the Nightfall has definitely dropped the best gear, but below that is a large gap in power.

Powerful gear from milestones.

Javes
May 6, 2012

mikeraskol posted:

I know it's very early but is there a go-to Warlock build for Strikes that people have had success with? I've been getting by with Stormcaller and that Arc helm exotic but it doesn't feel great. I think someone mentioned earlier a Void build with the Void exotic helm? Do you even need one build, or have to switch a bunch during the Nightfall?

Voidwalker devour build is really fun. Pair it with gear like Nezarec's helm that gives ability charge on void kills. Dawnblade with starfire protocol is kinda OP.

Javes
May 6, 2012

strangemusic posted:

So what is Trials of the Nine exactly?

Sweaty crucible for tryhards. A good mode.

Javes
May 6, 2012

96 spacejam posted:

Wait what how do you do that? I'm LL 273 and have gotten all of 1 purple mod. I need those +5s.

Gunsmith

Javes
May 6, 2012

https://twitter.com/thislukesmith/status/907346510089666560

Javes
May 6, 2012

Kilometers Davis posted:

Hey I'm raid ready (as soon as they add matchmaking lol sorry not sorry)

At least I'll be getting that sweet Xur love on Friday.

You can be the lovely pubbie in someone's guided game!

Javes
May 6, 2012

Lol at grinding pve in the beta

Javes
May 6, 2012

It really is an overblown controversy. Granted, it's a change that offered no benefit to the player and was only made to further their monetization strategy.

Javes
May 6, 2012

Anyone have a link to the kek gauntlets?

Javes
May 6, 2012

Good passage that counters the 'but what about FREE SPEECH' edge lords:

"But that's a shell game where in the name of fairness someone can be asked to provide endless proof of what is evident to the naked eye. It's a way to make victims and targets seem ridiculous while their abusers and assailants are portrayed as mere jesters from the court of internet dadaism, with no connection to real-world harassment and violence."

https://waypoint.vice.com/en_us/article/8x84kp/destiny-2-included-a-legendary-gauntlet-with-a-white-supremacist-logo?utm_source=wptwitterus

Javes
May 6, 2012

limited posted:

Well, today was a education. I thought the KEK thing was from Starcraft as the Korean equivelent of LOL. :stare:

Man, what is it like to not be extremely online? Must be great.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Javes
May 6, 2012

Lumpy the Cook posted:

The Division forces you to shoot thousands of hoodie-clad BLM 'looters' and no one says a peep about it, but someone sneaks a stupid frog meme into Destiny 2 and that gets everyone up in arms. You cunts all need your heads checked.

Actually there were quite a few woke gamer thinkpieces about the horde of looters you murder in the Division.