Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Menstrual Show
Jun 3, 2004

el B posted:

I think a discord already exists? I can't remember since I'm drunk high all the time.

I made one like a year ago and the PGS crew got really mad about it, but it's still there lol

Feel free

https://discord.gg/eyyjU3S

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Menstrual Show
Jun 3, 2004

tweet that poo poo at luke smith!!!

Menstrual Show
Jun 3, 2004

https://discord.gg/eyyjU3S

Bunch of new people joined yesterday, I'm figuring out how to add admins and poo poo. If bone knew wants to join in and sh*t post as well please feel free, I'll admin a few of you as well.

Menstrual Show fucked around with this message at 14:45 on Jun 20, 2017

Menstrual Show
Jun 3, 2004

Playable fallen confirmed

Menstrual Show
Jun 3, 2004

A Buff Gay Dude posted:

Also I'm pretty sad that the Age of Trump is coming to an end

this made me check twitter

Menstrual Show
Jun 3, 2004

lol shotguns are back baby

https://twitter.com/MunchGawd/status/887392610826027008

Menstrual Show
Jun 3, 2004

the beta is fine but the ttk is abysmally high, the radar delay from unscoping is garbage, power weapons are a total afterthought and the supers are all underwhelming. also warlock jump is somehow worse than in destiny 1.

still pretty fun though!!!

Menstrual Show
Jun 3, 2004

A Buff Gay Dude posted:

Sounds like destiny 1 pvp was accidentally really great and now that the goobers over there like Derrick have had time to split it off and focus on it, it's all screwed up.

I'm hopeful that a lot of the stuff can be tweaked, like TTK and cooldowns, but the inherent 'slowness' of the game now feels weird coming from the frenetic energy of destiny 1.

also, in-air accuracy is so bad, woof.

for those complaining about starter weapons, the classes all start with different weapons. imo the titan has the best starting package of weapons, warlocks had the worst.

Menstrual Show
Jun 3, 2004

Waffle House posted:

but anime is all we watch on Inceladus

lol

Menstrual Show
Jun 3, 2004

im team totoro because the meltdowns by noted terrible posters like "a 50s raygun" are hilarious

Menstrual Show
Jun 3, 2004

Insane Totoro posted:

I'll even teach you how to get your own tax stamp and PEW PEWS

the clan name is really bad though you guys should go back to the drawing board.

Menstrual Show
Jun 3, 2004

the good fax machine posted:

We still don't even really know what difference being in a clan will make for D2. We've seen clan levels and they've said that there will be clan-wide rewards, but what exactly that even means remains to be seen. Could just be shaders and junk for all we know.

How dare you call shaders 'junk'

Menstrual Show
Jun 3, 2004

Monday_ posted:

I'm at 27% complete with 18 hours played. It'd probably be closer to 10 hours if I used fast travel, but I like to run around and kill robots.

Then why would you complain that's it too long lol

Menstrual Show
Jun 3, 2004

Lol trials has so many bad players in it this weekend.

Menstrual Show
Jun 3, 2004

Loving Leader posted:

He thought after our 2nd win of a trials match we had gone flawless. Took us to the spire and told us to chill the gently caress out and enjoy the scenery.

Was this after he got too high to go to riot fest???

Menstrual Show
Jun 3, 2004

ratbert90 posted:

Lmbo. Level 3 warlock alt getting 7.0 kd.

Bungie, please, fix cruicable.

efficiency is ka/d and crucible is full of thumbless idiots atm.

Both destinytracker.com and guardian.gg are up and tracking now, I don't like the new guardian.gg interface though.

Menstrual Show
Jun 3, 2004

is it me

Menstrual Show
Jun 3, 2004

el B posted:

Oh, christ...

i hope its both of us and betty because i've got a full bottle of lotion and an overactive libido.

Menstrual Show
Jun 3, 2004

I lolled

https://kotaku.com/the-five-best-guns-in-destiny-2-1818587409

Menstrual Show
Jun 3, 2004

Daric posted:

How much did your XIM set you back?

lol is this supposed to be a burn because like half the thread regulars are ximlords (our pronouns are xim/xur/ximself) and rappo is our Lord.

Menstrual Show
Jun 3, 2004

actionjackson posted:

It was a cold dark night in the tower as I waited for someone to carry me in trials. Suddenly, I got a message, it was poom!

"Hey do you want to go flawless in trials?"

I couldn't believe my fortune, as typically poom betty and sinaddr simply made ignored me when I asked if they wanted to run a card. All together they joined me in the tower.

"You ready?"

"Sure but..."

Something was wrong. They were all warlocks. Poom was always a hunter. He also seemed to not be blazed to hell, another first.

"But first we need to do one thing to prepare."

Poom, betty and sinaddr pulled out their arc soul

"Get on your knees."

I wasn't sure what was happening, but I really wanted to go flawless, so I did it.

All of a sudden, all three arc souls were firing at me! For what seemed like an endless amount of time, I was being showered in white arc souls. I was exhausted but also felt cleansed.

"One more thing" they said.

All three took out their coldhearts and began to spray their laser beams onto my face. Despite the name, the beams were felt warm and refreshing.

Once they were done, I received my emblem.

I never thought this could happen to me. And I could think of no better word to describe it than flawless.

yikes!!!!

Menstrual Show
Jun 3, 2004

they didnt even make a new subclass for a new game lol

hell, they had people praising them for not cutting subclasses

Menstrual Show
Jun 3, 2004

NNick posted:

Knucklehead radar is pointless with Mida. Foetracer is good but doesn't make up for the pointless dodge and weak grenades.

Shut up

Menstrual Show
Jun 3, 2004

Waffle House posted:

WAVEFORM

So in Destiny 1 there's (we guess) an easter egg on a PVP map called Last Exit. A cipher, still unbroken, that scrolls on an LED Marquee board above a subway entrance. Cryptographers take note:

code:
j?96exd.\?i 7kj\psq3euj\@x.yt5 ,33szl'!( +9-7!!/@ 2enr?hqj+r,r+c?)

This was cool and stuff and I'm a fiend for secrets, so I poked around. On the same map, it's noticeable that there's red, blue, and green derelict subway cars with colored destination signs inside that match these other signs on a nearby platform:

These things drove me nuts, because when you have a cipher like this, presumably there's a key somewhere. To me, they looked like the basic shapes of waveforms that you'd see on an oscilloscope. Left to right: triangle, sine, square waves, just a single pulse of each, enough to succinctly represent the shape of the wave.

I don't know what one would DO with this information, but it seemed pertinent, not just Cow Tools or something; why go to that effort, etc.

You see this "waveform" motif in a few places if you look around in the games, but it's quite visible when it's circumscribed around The Traveler, like in the Age of Triumph (D1) release trailers:

The same "waveform" motifs (I guess per-class?) have returned in the form of halos behind Ikora, Zavala, and Cayde on the Vanguard Strike screen, so now I'm just truly lollin':

THERE'S A WAR FOR YOUR MIND

Menstrual Show
Jun 3, 2004

Adjudicator and Agenda 5 is a dope rear end crucible loadout pals. Fun change from MIDA / Prosecutor that I've been running non-stop.

Haven't gone flawless yet this week but a few of us had a fun 7-1 run late night where the only loss was a 5-6 where they defused the final cap with 2 seconds or so left. Losing sucks but that was intense as hell and a super good time all around. Mostly potato teams but that was after running a card earlier where we went 1-3, fighting tons of pros.

A good counter to the scout meta this week is 4 sidearms, if the team runs as a pack and can use cover effectively to push. Haven't figured out a way to combat that yet.

Menstrual Show
Jun 3, 2004

haveblue posted:

Pulse rifles being powerful in PVP but garbage in PVE is a beloved Destiny tradition

Nirwen's Mercy will forever be my favorite non-hand cannon PvE gun though. The first vendor roll was just so drat solid.

Menstrual Show
Jun 3, 2004

The Meat Dimension posted:

For real, was it outlaw/third eye? After a while I moved onto a gimmicky spare change with 3 reload perks on it, but Nirwen's owned

Yuuup OAS / Third Eye / Perfect Balance / Outlaw

Menstrual Show
Jun 3, 2004

Godzilla07 posted:

Found this while screwing around on Twitter. Bungie won't let you take full advantage of your space magic movement in gunfights to make life easier for casual players, but designed PvP that is hilariously unfriendly for your average casual solo player :thunk:

https://twitter.com/josh_hamrick/status/896413205316026368

I never saw this before, thank you for making me Angry Online About A Video Game. What a fuckin idiot.

Menstrual Show
Jun 3, 2004

What is the "fight me" medal?

Menstrual Show
Jun 3, 2004

Striker / MIDA / Uriel's is the north face / leggings / uggs of destiny pvp

Menstrual Show
Jun 3, 2004

FishBulb posted:

Suggest to me, a not stupendous player a better combination to use please

Because I keep trying other stuff but nope end up back here.

Change your engagement distances and use literally anything else. Don't get into hallway stapler battles because they're dumb and boring. Free your mind and the rest will follow.

Watch people who are better than you and realize that gunskill is only half the game, using cover and only engaging at optimal ranges (and immediately backing out of unwinnable fights) is the rest.

Menstrual Show
Jun 3, 2004

What is the "fight me" medal?

Menstrual Show
Jun 3, 2004

Opinions on the best pvp fusion rifle?

Menstrual Show
Jun 3, 2004

poom remember when laceduplauren poo poo all over us on Friday night???

Menstrual Show
Jun 3, 2004

I used Better Devils and the FWC scout / tone patrol and did fine this weekend. Like my main dude said above, the map lent itself to closer engagements and it was piss easy to flank most teams.

Menstrual Show
Jun 3, 2004

haveblue posted:

I'd rather play Seven Virtues of Bushido than xXxW33DN1NJA6969xXx

Uh the second guy sounds cool as poo poo.

Menstrual Show
Jun 3, 2004

Mikey-San posted:

checks out

*nods solemnly*

thank you, posting ally.

that was a rockin voyage and a pleasure to watch!!!

Menstrual Show
Jun 3, 2004

FishBulb posted:

I think Bungie said they would announce it at 10

So what's the blue wanna be AntiPope I wanna at least see what all the fuss is about since loving Bender will never give me one

https://d2.destinygamewiki.com/wiki/Philippis-B

it owns, was using it on my baby titan last night.

Menstrual Show
Jun 3, 2004

blaze it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Menstrual Show
Jun 3, 2004

you know what would be cool? 6s and 3s pvp would be cool imo