Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Manifisto

vanisher posted:

We attempt the keypad to see if a random series of button smashing will open the door, but it appears to be powered down.

as a yobcrab we are obligated to try all the funny numbers just in case

if/when that doesn't work, the conveyor belt is interesting. are there obvious controls for the mechanism? can we turn it on/off etc?

the rest quarters are also noteworthy and are probably worth checking out before actually scuttling down the conveyor belt, but it might be helpful to know our options in case we need to leave in a hurry

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Manifisto

hello friend crab! we're, uh, just visiting. what on earth is nestco up to? what do they do/make, and how did they manage to ensalve a bunch of crabs?

ty nesamdoom!

Manifisto

say, didn't amazon just announce a deal to buy nestco?

oh wait, that was something different

(for now)

ty nesamdoom!

Manifisto

vanisher posted:

Can I bring a friend?

probably! uh, who's the friend?

ty nesamdoom!

Manifisto

vanisher posted:

Just a little guy who wandered down here and got lost. Ive been looking after him

fine by me!

what say you, fellow crabbers?

Manifisto

Twenty Four posted:

New (old?) crab friend must know where the funace is, and, if we could take the sticks there and burn it down and make that happen so be it!

I really would like to make peace with the birds and all, but, you know, birds...

before we get too into trying to torch the place, I'd sorta like to see if we can locate and rescue any other crabs who might be pincing involuntarily

duckson can be our beard if we get caught, we can pretend to be salves under his wing, so to speak

Munchables posted:

Give thr grizzled crab a sip if ezood, but ONLY a sip

is there any left? sure we can offer our new friends a nip if so

Manifisto

Sensual Simian posted:

duckson is a spy! start pincering him (to death!)

maybe! actually the ezood could be useful for once, if we managed to get duckson talking to us

Manifisto

vanisher posted:

Before we can jam any brittle sticks in the door crabber looks like he's on the move to take us to the furnace

well lets roll out

dun-dun-DUNNN

Manifisto

vanisher posted:

this conveyor belt is moving us backwards!

can we use our tentacle-knife to jam the conveyor belt mechanism?

Manifisto

awesome! totally crab-ninja!

ty nesamdoom!

Manifisto

vanisher posted:

Thanks for your patience with me friends, more crab adventure coming very soon

it has been an amazing ride so far, can't wait for the updates but . . . on the other hand . . . I can wait, I can be good. ish.

ty nesamdoom!

Manifisto

wow, just look at all those sticks. a king's ransom in sticks. must be some pretty fancy nests that nestco makes . . . or is that what nestco does? we don't even know!

ty nesamdoom!

Manifisto

vanisher posted:

Something just came out of Duckson...

holy potatohead!!!

is it . . . a quarter?

I love the animation on this

ty nesamdoom!

Manifisto

n

fascinated to see this duckson egg tho

ty nesamdoom!

Manifisto

Twenty Four posted:

It may not be the best idea, but when I see dials, I want to turn things to eleven.

there will be a time for messing with stuff, but now is perhaps not that time - I'd say let's peep the crab quarters before touching the controls

what's the thing twisting through the middle of the map? is that the conveyor belt we rode in on? are the areas marked A, B, C, D workstations or something?

ty nesamdoom!

Manifisto

woah

"greetings fellow crablings! I'm here on a quest for tools to help my crab friends in the outside world, but also to investigate and see if I can be of any help to the crabs here. tell me about yourselves! what is this place, what are you doing here, and are you in need of any assistance?"

ty nesamdoom!

Manifisto

vanisher posted:

It's with a heavy heart that we let go this piece of our adventure. For some, the ezood is a way of life. For many, it's a burden that must be carried for it's possible future use. To ulysses c. crab, it was all of these things and more.

Ezood, i'll see you in heaven looking down when the adventure is over.

Truthfully I was expecting more of a boom, but lets see if it did the trick

lol

farewell old friend

ty nesamdoom!

Manifisto

holy poo poo, blade runner crossover

Manifisto

I say we go for duckson. the other crabs can take care of themselves for a while, the duckson rescue(?) is more urgent. also it would be good to get closure on that egg.

Manifisto

Manifisto

vanisher posted:

Find the crabs who caused that explosion, use any means necessary. Bring them to me, personally

oh my goodness the Bokfather

ty nesamdoom!

Manifisto

vanisher posted:

We came out of the pipe into what looks like a loading bay

let's scout the shrubbery for spies, food, and hiding places

if there's activity/stuff going on, we may want to watch from concealment and figure out what the deal is

Manifisto

SciFiDownBeat posted:

>steal lighter

>throw lighter on ezood truck

but . . . but . . . the ezood . . .

also the driver has done nothing to us, let us figure out who our enemies are before raining down destruction

ty nesamdoom!

Manifisto

Manifisto

I guess we don't know whether the truck is full of ezood or empty

but let's be optimistic, maybe it's full

should we maybe puncture a tire? with our claws or our cool tool? that would keep it around, we may have uses for the ezood

I don't see us driving the truck, although maybe I underestimate us

ty nesamdoom!

Manifisto

Twenty Four posted:

Anyhow if driving sounds... pretty unlikely, does it look like we could sneak into the back of the truck, and maybe hitch a ride?

if we go this route we may want to create a diversion . . . say throwing something in the other direction to distract the driver while we scuttle for our lives

any stones or the like in the ground at our feet?

ty nesamdoom!

Manifisto

vanisher posted:

Based on the diagram we could escape the ducks notice by stealthily sneaking out of his vision range, so instead of alerting him we slip past. Luckily unnoticed (for now).

There's no lock, but there is a metal rod holding the doors closed

oo, is this the time for exclawibur, our handy weapon-tool, to shine?

ty nesamdoom!

Manifisto

super sweet best pal posted:

As long as we don't break the door when opening it, at least not until after we've captured the ezood.

I was thinking we might try to sort of thwack it up, let the suckers grab the handle of the bar, and jerk it sideways

hopefully the bar won't come all the way out and clatter to the ground

:ohdear:

Manifisto

HBar posted:

wait, why is an ezood truck at nestco? birds drink like birds. something smells fishy, and it's probably not the ocean gunk stuck in the hard-to-reach crevices of our shell.

uhhhhh . . . fuel for the robocrabs??

I dunno, good question

ty nesamdoom!

Manifisto

put on our mouse costume that we have cleverly been carrying with us this whole time, when the duckdriver comes to investigate make sure he sees us then scamper away

he will assume it was just mice going after his ezood, as happens occasionally

or more realistically

Twenty Four posted:

Scuttle in and hide maybe?

we might even be able to use exclawibur to pull the door closed behind us, assuming we have time

ty nesamdoom!

Manifisto

ulysses c. crab will fight if there is no alternative, but is there no possibility of talking our way out of this?

the driver didn't do anything to us, for all we know he could prove to be an ally

but of course I will back the majority decision, whatever it is

Manifisto

alnilam posted:

I know I don't like unnecessary violence either but I'm imagining a nice bonk on the head knock him out sort of thing, talking could work too but hiding is too risky i think

here's a thought, we could have one of us do the talking (and create a distraction) while the other stays hidden and lines up to do a noggin bonk in case things go south

we have a pretty good story, we are worried about our duck friend who may have been kidnapped

if the driver is sympathetic we might try bumming a bottle of ezood off of him for various useful purposes (bribes, firemaking, courage)?

Manifisto

Twenty Four posted:

Also this story has come a long way from just a crab on a beach and is cool and good, thanks Vanisher!

Manifisto

Barking Gecko posted:

Explore truck for any boxes that might contain live cargo. Crabs?

also: v excited this is moving again, thx vanisher

ty nesamdoom!

Manifisto

Twenty Four posted:

Crab that hatch up!

ty nesamdoom!

Manifisto

it's a unix system, I know this!

Manifisto

thread has gone from great to extra great

Manifisto

i thirst to know which questions are frequently asked of the ezood system

ty nesamdoom!

Manifisto

vanisher posted:

Show all answers to FAQs?

if you would, somehow I feel that any and all of it might turn out to be relevant to our quest

ty nesamdoom!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Manifisto

vanisher posted:

How to create new users

*Entry deleted by HR Rep Becky*

becky :argh:

• Locked thread