Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
who is the biggest fail club
This poll is closed.
arsenal 9223372036854775807 100.00%
not arsenal 1 0.00%
Total: 23 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Ewar Woowar
Feb 25, 2007

Stoke getting Rooney would be hilarious but u don't like the idea of United getting any money for him.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ewar Woowar
Feb 25, 2007

Shrapnig posted:

It's amazing that Buffon's transfer record has lasted as long as it has. £32.6m in 2001!

That's probably £250m in today's transfer market, if not more.

Can't say they didn't get their money's worth

Ewar Woowar
Feb 25, 2007

EvilHawk posted:

This is certainly £3m for a kid.

We've cooled on Sessegnon and there's increasing noises that Keita doesn't want to go/Leipzeig aren't willing to sell. With lots of interest on VVD and Brandt staying, that's all four of our "top targets" we may miss out on. Which is worrying.

I do not like this.

While I don't think the squad is in a terrible way we really need some depth as certain players can't be relied upon fitness wise.

Ewar Woowar
Feb 25, 2007

Brony Car posted:

There's quite a lot of the transfer season left to go.

Who would you get that Liverpool is realistically linked to? It looks like Tottenham probably blew the move for Sessegnon out of Liverpool's wage target and getting Keita from Leipzig was always going to be a big ask.

I'm not going to sit here and pretend I know how good Keita is and I'm guessing 99% of the Liverpool supporters desperate for him have never seen him play.

What I would like is a top quality striker as I think Sturridge should be sold while he's still worth something and a left back. Basically we need some new ideas for how to break down teams that aren't interested in attacking. Firmino is great but he's not a player that gets in behind and he's not overly quick. I think we'd be better playing an out and out forward against sides like that. Moreno should be sold as he's still probably worth someone taking a gamble on him for a decent amount of cash (we got loving three million pound for Brad Smith after all) and Milner, who has done a fantastic job there, isn't getting any younger. He's also pretty average against sides that sit deep as it's too easy to defend against a right footed left back.

Henderson, Lallana and Wijnuldum is an excellent midfield three and I'm happy for that to remain next season provided they're fit. Can was brilliant the last month or two of the season too so we look pretty strong there. The issue is Henderson's fitness. If there is truth that his heel is always going to cause him on and off problems then we need to buy another central midfielder.

People want us to sign another centre back but I think Lovren and Matip were actually very good when they played together. It's when one was injured that we struggled. I certainly don't see the purpose of spending fifty plus million on VvD when we have far more pressing matters.

Ewar Woowar
Feb 25, 2007

EvilHawk posted:

Just saying there's absolutely nothing in this that signing a kid for £3m will prevent. He's mostly going to sit in the u23s and maybe play some cups (because we're missing anyone in the age range between Wilson and Origi who can step up).

I like that Solanke signing. Cheap enough to warrant a gamble and can see him being sold for more than we bought him for if he's not quite up to standard.

Ewar Woowar
Feb 25, 2007

mackintosh posted:

Aren't there rumours there is an offer out for Mmmmbop?

Who is this

Ewar Woowar
Feb 25, 2007

If we pay almost forty million for Salah I'll be pissed off with Chelsea even more for buying him and not playing him then us having to buy him for a gently caress load more.

Think he could be a good buy though. Him and Mane would absolutely terrorize any high line. Not quite sure how we'd line up with him and Mane in the team though? We surely can't get away with playing Coutinho and Lallana in midfield can we?

Ewar Woowar
Feb 25, 2007

Mario should stay at Nice because he's finally found some form and happiness.

Ewar Woowar
Feb 25, 2007

We really look like we're going to splash the cash this window huh. Salah and VvD are both pretty good signings imo and if we add a quality left back to that (Ghoulam has been rumoured but can't say I've seen him play...Serie A watchers?) I'll be pretty loving happy.

Ewar Woowar
Feb 25, 2007

Would like Salah and VvD but honestly I'm not busting if we don't get them. We have money and I'm confident Klopp can get decent players in. His record so far is pretty good.

If we get some sort of transfer ban I'll be less than impressed though.

Ewar Woowar
Feb 25, 2007

MrBling posted:

chinamen

Thanks Dave

Ewar Woowar
Feb 25, 2007

EvilHawk posted:

Reports today we're interested in Aubameyang lmao

Salah, Mane and him would have to be the quickest front three like ever. Also AFCON would be total balls.

Regardless we're not signing Aubameyang loving lol

Ewar Woowar
Feb 25, 2007

EAT FASTER!!!!!! posted:

Not confirmed but it sounds like Big Rom posted some video where he's playing pickup in a field with a butt-tonne of Chelsea crests.

I read that as Big Ron (Atkinson) and it actually kinda makes sense.

Ewar Woowar
Feb 25, 2007

Don't really want Ox. Too much money for an inconsistent player that's injured all the time.

Ewar Woowar
Feb 25, 2007

Brendan Rodgers posted:

Just did some Youtube research on Keita, I'm getting excited.

He looks very rapid

Ewar Woowar
Feb 25, 2007

If Chelsea are selling Costa then they'll stump up the cash for Lukaku. Can't imagine he'd want to play under Mourinho again anyway.

Ewar Woowar
Feb 25, 2007

straight up brolic posted:

Belotti would be good for Chelsea

I think Belotti would be bad for any team not in Serie A.

Ewar Woowar
Feb 25, 2007

I'm really happy with Salah and I think Solanke was a good bit of business but I'd really like us to push on sooner rather than later. We're definitely targeting quality over quantity which is nice but hope we're being realistic on who we're going for.

Ewar Woowar
Feb 25, 2007

I will be unhappy if we pull an Ed Woodward and spend all window going after players that won't sign and end up with nothing.

Now Ayre is gone who is actually negotiating anyways?

Ewar Woowar
Feb 25, 2007

I would like us not to sell Coutinho for any amount of money because he's A. a very good player and B. we have a ton of money but still can't attract the top level players so what is more money going to do for us?

I'd also rather we sign Keita than VvD (even though neither are realistically signing) as Henderson's seems injury prone now and I'm comfortable with Matip, Lovren and Sakho (who I think could stay if we don't get VvD).

I can honestly say I don't ever remember Robertson playing but he's a left back and not Moreno so that's a step in the right direction.

Ewar Woowar
Feb 25, 2007

Can was poo poo most of last season but the last two months he was really loving good. I don't want him sold at all- doubly so because Henderson has injury problems.

Ewar Woowar
Feb 25, 2007

vyelkin posted:

You can see that he's decent at winning the ball and recycling possession, but he also frequently tries these flicks and tricks, long passes, and long shots, and occasionally they work out but most of the time he just loses possession.

I think he can grow out of this. His last couple of months were great because he wasn't overplaying it. He's still very young for a central midfielder.

Ewar Woowar
Feb 25, 2007

Salah is gonna be real good and I'm going to laugh at Chelsea and Moruinho again.

Ewar Woowar
Feb 25, 2007

My last post had a genuine typo but I think it works quite well.

Ewar Woowar
Feb 25, 2007

fat gay nonce posted:

I think you misspelled that word m8

Lol

Ewar Woowar
Feb 25, 2007

While signing only one player that's likely to start in our full strength side I'm pretty optimistic going into the season. Think we should hit our stride early on given there hasn't been to many changes to the squad and we had a great pre season but the real test will come when the group stages start in Europe and we need to rotate. Still not overly convinced with our defence when one of Matip or Lovren is out but would love it if someone like Gomez stepped up or Sakho works himself into Klopp's good books (seems like Lmost Liverpool supporters have already written him off but if we don't bring in VvD then I think he's worth holding onto as third choice- certainly better than splashing a huge amount of cash on a player that we having properly scouted).

Ewar Woowar
Feb 25, 2007

I hope we don't sell him. Coutinho chose a pretty bad time to ask for the transfer which makes me think a bit less of him but I've seen nothing in his character for him to throw a poo poo fit and not behave professionally.

If he does go then this will be one of the worst transfer windows in a while. We managed to land one decent target and lost arguably our best player. I've said it for many years now but we need someone who knows what the gently caress they're doing to oversee all transfer activity because it feels like we've got Mighty Red doing it right now.

Ewar Woowar
Feb 25, 2007

cheese posted:

Would be fine with selling Coutinho if LFC had shown even the slightest loving competency in signing players over they last few years. Keita is not the only young, talented midfielder out there and VVD is not the only great CB out there. If we had already done more business then holding out for every last penny from Barca would be a no brainer. Just loving mind blowing that our transfer target priority and negotiating process has been this poo poo.

Absolutely this.

It's a shame we can't get the players Klopp clearly wants as his record so far with transfers for us has been excellent.

Ewar Woowar
Feb 25, 2007

cheese posted:

I just really don't understand what the gently caress Liverpool are doing. We have bid for exactly 1 loving CB in the entire off season. One.

We clearly had three major targets when the window opened and were prepared to pay top dollar to get them. What we didn't anticipate was that the market would go crazy and sixty plus million would now not be enough.

That and the fact our scouting network has been shoddy for years. I just don't understand why we haven't thrown some serious money at someone capable to look after transfers.

Ewar Woowar
Feb 25, 2007

I wouldn't sell Coutinho unless we have someone lined up already and the price is concrete. We get a hundred and thirty million in our pocket and suddenly everyone is going to cost a whole lot more.

Ewar Woowar
Feb 25, 2007

I don't like the idea of Can going on a free. He's a frustrating player but he's still very young for a central midfielder and certainly has all the ability to be very, very good. Also in this market he'd be worth thirty plus million so even though we are incapable of actually spending that money I'd rather not throw it away.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ewar Woowar
Feb 25, 2007

I don't want us to sign Ox at all. He's not getting into our starting eleven yet would cost close to forty million and be on wages of 150k plus. gently caress that, he's not even that good.

Also loving stoked with the Keita signing. He looks like a pretty special talent. Also will be fine with Phil going if it means Lemar and VvD.

• Locked thread