Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
who is the biggest fail club
This poll is closed.
arsenal 9223372036854775807 100.00%
not arsenal 1 0.00%
Total: 23 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Gorn Myson
Aug 8, 2007

Paperhouse posted:

Er... didn't this already happen
Theres already an abundance of Sessegnons and Dembeles, it wouldn't surprise me if theres another Gylfi.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gorn Myson
Aug 8, 2007

Rooney should just Winston Bogarde the rest of his time at United and retire at the end of it.

Gorn Myson
Aug 8, 2007

blue footed boobie posted:

PSG would be the way to go for Ronald. He could bang in 40 goals a season until he's 40 because it's a garbage league and add a bunch of bush league winners' medals to his collection.
Nah, Monaco, so he never has to pay tax again.

Gorn Myson
Aug 8, 2007

Ox could progress under a competent manager. Hes going nowhere with the Arse

Gorn Myson
Aug 8, 2007

I remember the good old days when Liverpool signed Firmino before I had a chance to look up some YouTube videos online so I could pretend that I'd heard of him.

Gorn Myson
Aug 8, 2007

Salah to Liverpool is a done deal

https://twitter.com/LFC/status/877978766156476416

Gorn Myson
Aug 8, 2007

hadji murad posted:

It's a dumb list of players that made the list on Twitter yesterday. The idea was supposed to be that the players progressed incredibly since leaving Chelsea who won the league twice since then. So the point is saying that the player has better personal stats (clearly not for fan favourite Juan Mata) is better after having left the club.

Naturally it was started by some Liverpool supporting try hard who's already busting over the year where they definitely will win their first Premier League title because they finally signed Salah after 4 years of effort.
Yeah, Cheslea were lucky to get rid of KDB, Schürrle, Sturridge, Lukaku, Salah, Cuadrado and Juan Mata when they did. I can't think of a single Chelsea fan that would want any of that pile of dogshit back in their side at any point since they left the club.

Gorn Myson
Aug 8, 2007

I honestly want him to see him move to the Premier League just so I don't keep seeing stories about him possibly moving to the Premier League every single transfer window.

Gorn Myson
Aug 8, 2007

Scherloch posted:

I don't think Lukaku ever had a problem with Mourinho?
I'd be kind of hesitant to blame Mourinho for his transfer, even though hes clearly a massive loving oval office, because Chelsea have a history of selling good youth prospects at a decent profit.

Gorn Myson
Aug 8, 2007

Scoring big against poo poo teams to inflate their figures is pretty much what every top scoring striker does.

Gorn Myson
Aug 8, 2007

Sneijder to United getting scuppered by a Daily Mail journalist is one of my favourite transfer stories ever.

There needs to be a book purely about great transfer sagas because theres so many now.

Gorn Myson
Aug 8, 2007

Theres also the karmic comeback on this, when Liverpool attempted to buy Yevhen Konoplyanka by meeting his release clause and then successfully negotiating his contract, only for it to fall apart because his team didn't want him to leave so didn't file the paperwork.

Gorn Myson
Aug 8, 2007

I've written a new ending where Liverpool buy him this summer and they beat Sevilla in the Champions League final.

Gorn Myson
Aug 8, 2007

blue footed boobie posted:

Red Bull have been saying all along that they would never sell him and it's been obvious that it' was never going to happen. It's top fan fiction.
Pretty much. Red Bull don't want to sell and they don't need the money, so they can tell anyone to gently caress off.

Honestly I don't know anything about Keita, it was more of a "in Klopp we trust" feeling that I went with, but just thank christ that we're not spending nearly 70m on a single player (at the moment anyway).

Gorn Myson
Aug 8, 2007

CyberPingu posted:

If ManU came out with a 120m+ deal for Bale. What would Pirate Bob do?
Liverpool should sell Coutinho for 120m and use the money to hijack this imo

Gorn Myson
Aug 8, 2007

TwoDogs1Cup posted:

Bale is made of glass. The thought of someone paying more than 40m for him is hilarious. He missed like 30 games last season and 15 the season before
If we time their injuries right, we can alternate between him and Sturridge.

Gorn Myson
Aug 8, 2007

Have any Barcelona players come out yet to attack Liverpool for holding Coutinho hostage?

Gorn Myson
Aug 8, 2007

Loving Africa Chaps posted:

lmao at coutinho being £108m
It actually makes sense in the market though. Transfer costs have gone insane this window, hes on a long term contract, Liverpool aren't interested in selling him and Barcelona just publicly received a huge pay day for Neymar. If he goes for anything less than £100m then Liverpool got robbed.

Gorn Myson
Aug 8, 2007

I am that family member in that video, and I can confirm that Philippe has started calling his manager "Jurgen Plopp" in defiance.

Gorn Myson
Aug 8, 2007

RideTheSpiral posted:

i love footballers with long contracts who have big whiny baby tantrums and leave because the team is poo poo because people like them are on it
I like it when fans defend players having these tantrums as well by saying things like "you may as well let him go if he doesn't want to be there". He really wanted to be there when he signed his contract, so he should shut the gently caress up and do his job.

(although Coutinho isn't really having a tantrum right now and hasn't done anything silly yet)

Gorn Myson
Aug 8, 2007

EvilHawk posted:

They offered €85m + €15m in addons.

I don't think FSG would even consider anything less than £100m up front.
Its not like Barcelona are particularly well known for their ability to negotiate either. The Swiss Ramble write up of the Zlatan transfer to and from their club is just insane.

Gorn Myson
Aug 8, 2007

Football clubs should sell players for the arbitrary values that fans set on them.

Gorn Myson
Aug 8, 2007

Hegay posted:

Why the gently caress would Liverpool not sell Coutinho for loving €120m, he's worth like a third of that. Serious posting, but Seri and Lemar would both be like €90m combined and Liverpool would end up with a better team and more money in the bank???
Remember when Liverpool paid a lot of money for Andy Carroll because Newcastle knew that they just got a big payday from the Torres deal and slapped a huge price tag on him? Similar deal to that basically.

Gorn Myson
Aug 8, 2007

Brony Car posted:

Zlatan Ibrahimovic went on to win 2 trophies with Manchester United after developing his game at PSG. Learn your history, son.
I think you'll find that the Community Shield is a trophy so Zlatan was a part of that magical Manchester United side that captured a historic treble last season.

Gorn Myson
Aug 8, 2007

I hope another Bush becomes President in 2020, America invades Qatar with help from Saudi Arabia and Qatar's financial clout collapses. PSG get relegated from every league forever and the best offer Neymar gets when hes released (he'll be fat, trust me) is for Stoke and he scores exactly three Premier League goals in the two years he spends there before going back home to Brazil to star in a "Man VS Food" style reality TV show with the One True Ronaldo and Ronaldinho. They'll still clown the poo poo out of England at Soccer Aid though.

Gorn Myson
Aug 8, 2007

British tabloids claiming that a swap deal might happen means that it definitely won't and its not even being considered.

Gorn Myson
Aug 8, 2007

Someone told me a story a while ago that when Paul Gascoigne was introduced to the fans at a club he just signed for (I'm pretty sure it was Lazio) he deliberately messed up his kick ups in front of the cameras just for a laugh. Not sure if its true, but its Paul Gascoigne so its probably true.

Gorn Myson
Aug 8, 2007

Sandwolf posted:

Enjoy the winter when you're desperately trying to fill Coutinho's injured position as his knees have exploded and you've got a warchest worth whatever you can get for Mamadou Sakho.
Klopps German, they hate spending money in the winter window.

Gorn Myson
Aug 8, 2007

Skip My Posts posted:

gently caress barca, you don't need the money and they're desperate. get every penny you possibly can out of them
Disagree. I personally believe that Coutinho is worth about £40m so Liverpool should be forced to sell him for that.

Gorn Myson
Aug 8, 2007

Normally transfer threads are worthless, but this one owns.

Gorn Myson
Aug 8, 2007

Arsenal are hosed this year, with or without Sanchez.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gorn Myson
Aug 8, 2007

brocked posted:

Also lol that Liverpool can't go a window without buying a Soton player, I hope they're in for Walcott next
You laugh, but we've been in for him before. Walcott is one of those players that always seemed very young to me, so I'm going to assume that hes still 19 and a good prospect.

• Locked thread