Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
who is the biggest fail club
This poll is closed.
arsenal 9223372036854775807 100.00%
not arsenal 1 0.00%
Total: 23 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
chuggo is BACK
Jul 1, 2008

"Chuggo"

PWM POTM December 2014

CyberPingu posted:

There's a die hard Man Utd & Real fan at work that was making GBS threads on Messi saying Ronald was the best because he didn't defraud his taxes.

He is now claiming its a conspiracy made up by the Spanish authorities

mackintosh...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

chuggo is BACK
Jul 1, 2008

"Chuggo"

PWM POTM December 2014

Paperhouse posted:

Salah is a big time racist so he should fit right in at Liverpool FC

i'm glad

chuggo is BACK
Jul 1, 2008

"Chuggo"

PWM POTM December 2014

saihttam posted:

Ozil does for sure!

yes yes

chuggo is BACK
Jul 1, 2008

"Chuggo"

PWM POTM December 2014

Gigi Galli posted:

I'm not sure this is the case in England but there's always one guy in a poo poo team in Italy that is great for whatever provincial side he's playing for and scores a bunch because he's the only one on the team who can.

Rolando Bianchi, Massimo Maccarone, Marco Di Vaio, etc, were all decent enough players but they never replicated their form away from smaller clubs.

Not saying Lukaku couldn't do well at a big club, but an above average player at a below average side always stands out.

Andy Johnson is the archetypal This Guy in chuggos world

chuggo is BACK
Jul 1, 2008

"Chuggo"

PWM POTM December 2014
Jon Walters is signing for Burnley. Burnley host Liverpool on New Year's Day. gently caress

chuggo is BACK
Jul 1, 2008

"Chuggo"

PWM POTM December 2014

AJ_Impy posted:

It would take nearer to 200M to get Harry Kane: Daniel Levy is an absolute master at making transfer dealings painful and convoluted.

see: moussa sissoko

chuggo is BACK
Jul 1, 2008

"Chuggo"

PWM POTM December 2014

TheBigAristotle posted:

Good lord, the sunken old face and tired eyes staring at the end

turn your monitor on

chuggo is BACK
Jul 1, 2008

"Chuggo"

PWM POTM December 2014

https://twitter.com/jonnygabriel/status/886319581014499328

chuggo is BACK
Jul 1, 2008

"Chuggo"

PWM POTM December 2014
Can't wait for this week's traffordcast

chuggo is BACK
Jul 1, 2008

"Chuggo"

PWM POTM December 2014

Anae posted:

I would very much like it to be OFF.

If you get Salah and Keita while our 'statement' summer consists of Rooney and £45m for Sigurdsson I'll just die

tbf Pickford and Keane are v legit signings

chuggo is BACK
Jul 1, 2008

"Chuggo"

PWM POTM December 2014

sebzilla posted:

I read a thing today about inflation in transfer fees and how, proportionally, Shevchenko is/was the most expensive transfer ever in the Premier League. Ferdinand was roughly similar. Both would have been about £150M in today's money, given the rate of increase in average transfer fees.

that's paul tomkins who does excellent football analysis, esp of transfer fees

chuggo is BACK
Jul 1, 2008

"Chuggo"

PWM POTM December 2014
lol this owns

chuggo is BACK
Jul 1, 2008

"Chuggo"

PWM POTM December 2014

bewbies posted:

When's the last time a player of Sachez caliber and age even came up on a bosman? I dunno if Lewandowski counts, he was always going to BM. Ballack?

wasn't ibrahimovic free

edit sorry you said age as well. idk

chuggo is BACK
Jul 1, 2008

"Chuggo"

PWM POTM December 2014

RideTheSpiral posted:

oh wow someone's sarcasm detector is working REALLY WELL

actually it looks like it isn't

chuggo is BACK
Jul 1, 2008

"Chuggo"

PWM POTM December 2014
wenger could buy pulisic and really solidify the unbearable american supporter base

chuggo is BACK
Jul 1, 2008

"Chuggo"

PWM POTM December 2014

Eau de MacGowan posted:

but what if you could be the daftest oval office?

ash...

chuggo is BACK
Jul 1, 2008

"Chuggo"

PWM POTM December 2014
apparently the club have rejected it so either he stays and plays, he stays and doesn't play or they back down. probably most likely is the suarez thing again and he stays for one more year with the promise of leaving next year. i can't begrudge him wanting to leave, given the choice between liverpool and barcelona i know what i'd pick lmao

it's gonna be ins anely fun seeing the cool fan mutiny all season and klopp getting hounded out next year because nobody will wait for a replacement to be developed rather than bought ready-made

chuggo is BACK
Jul 1, 2008

"Chuggo"

PWM POTM December 2014

Blue Star Error posted:

It ended with him going to Barcelona I'm not sure you've thought this through vyelkin

lol

chuggo is BACK
Jul 1, 2008

"Chuggo"

PWM POTM December 2014
and now i've posted in the transfer thread great job

chuggo is BACK
Jul 1, 2008

"Chuggo"

PWM POTM December 2014

Manc Hill posted:

Liverpool's best player having his head turned the day before the start of the new season :discourse:

mane is actually very happy haha

it's bad timing which is the only annoying thing really, if he'd done it a month ago who knows (although probably he couldn't then because Barca weren't making noises about spending that kind of money)

He's "injured"/injured so wasn't playing tomorrow anyway so it's not like it affects match preparation at least

chuggo is BACK
Jul 1, 2008

"Chuggo"

PWM POTM December 2014

Blue Star Error posted:

I hear a lot of "who would we get as a replacement" but really if your scouts can't find someone as good as Coutinho for £100m they need firing

i started to write a proper response to this but then i remember what forum i'm on lol

chuggo is BACK
Jul 1, 2008

"Chuggo"

PWM POTM December 2014

Blue Star Error posted:

I would read it chuggo

it was about how it's a question of style rather than quality but it would have been followed by 20 arsenal and united fans replying hes poo poo haha for 10 pages

the forums dyin cloud

chuggo is BACK
Jul 1, 2008

"Chuggo"

PWM POTM December 2014

curried lamb of God posted:

thanks for posting this, I had heard about today's disaster in Barcelona but hadn't seen any footage yet

hachi machi

chuggo is BACK
Jul 1, 2008

"Chuggo"

PWM POTM December 2014

Blinkz0rz posted:

My favorite part of the Coutinho "saga" is that it doesn't matter how much Barca pay because no one will sell anyone good to Liverpool at decent prices.

that's the thing, the amount they offer doesn't matter

i mean i know we've gone around in these circles all summer and everyone needs to scramble to say he's not worth it etc but it's not a question of money, it's a question of replacements

chuggo is BACK
Jul 1, 2008

"Chuggo"

PWM POTM December 2014

Bacon Terrorist posted:

If he snaps his knee the game after the window slams shut it's likely he won't be moving for £50m next time round never mind £100m+ and in the meantime you are still down a player.

Just because Liverpool don't want to sell him doesn't mean he doesn't want to leave, the longer it takes the sourer he will become over the issue which reduces his value. Liverpool can refuse to sell him right now but they're deluded if they think he isn't going to agitate for a move every opportunity he gets going forward or leave on a free when it comes to it.

In the meantime his form will likely fall of a cliff due to being angry and distracted, defeating the point of not selling him in the first place.

it'll be the same as suarez, they'll promise to let him go next summer in the hopes he'll reconsider and if he doesn't then he'll still have four years on his contract so will still cost a lot. hopefully he plays out of his skin for that one extra season like suarez did because that helps everyone (especially in a world cup year). also players who want to stay at clubs can also get injured

chuggo is BACK
Jul 1, 2008

"Chuggo"

PWM POTM December 2014

Hoops posted:

Or alternatively perhaps he doesn't get horribly injured and plays well because he's a professional footballer playing in the CL and wants to get a starting spot in the Brazil squad.

Plus players typically don't collapse in form after a transfer saga where they don't get the move they wanted. It's just not a thing that actually happens. Ronaldo at United didn't, Bale didn't, Suarez, Gerrard with Chelsea, Fabregas to Barca. De Gea hasn't. The only big one I can think of off the top of my head that went irreversibly wrong was Tevez at Man City.

actually he'll get hit by a meteor on september 1st

chuggo is BACK
Jul 1, 2008

"Chuggo"

PWM POTM December 2014

Xabi posted:

Dirk Kuyt.

:3:

chuggo is BACK
Jul 1, 2008

"Chuggo"

PWM POTM December 2014

big crush on Chad OMG posted:

What the gently caress happened with Lazaar

he's been...fired

chuggo is BACK
Jul 1, 2008

"Chuggo"

PWM POTM December 2014
one of about two reputable liverpool sources

https://twitter.com/melissareddy_/status/902207009688363008

chuggo is BACK
Jul 1, 2008

"Chuggo"

PWM POTM December 2014

greazeball posted:

let it go, Jen

lol

chuggo is BACK
Jul 1, 2008

"Chuggo"

PWM POTM December 2014

Shrapnig posted:

I'm struggling with the idea that Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain is more beneficial to Chelsea than Arsenal.

I'm not quite sure he's good enough for either side to be honest.

I think he'll be better under a manager who actually develops players beyond 21, he's still only young and if he gets pushed he could still be good imo

35m tho

chuggo is BACK
Jul 1, 2008

"Chuggo"

PWM POTM December 2014

is he the big lad who looks like a farmer

scored the winner against united in that one mental game for blackburn

chuggo is BACK
Jul 1, 2008

"Chuggo"

PWM POTM December 2014

bewbies posted:

i still do not understand why sakho isn't at least a rotation guy for a team that regularly dresses ragnar

hes brilliant but it's a discipline thing, they fell out and it's irreparable :(

chuggo is BACK
Jul 1, 2008

"Chuggo"

PWM POTM December 2014
https://twitter.com/markymbryans/status/902951927939518464 lol

chuggo is BACK
Jul 1, 2008

"Chuggo"

PWM POTM December 2014
apparently he turned down 220k a week at chelsea too hahaha

chuggo is BACK
Jul 1, 2008