Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.
An admin asked the OP to close the thread for some reason. So it's not his fault.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

The Glumslinger posted:

lol, its been 4 months

So we're about halfway through his Presidency.

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

It;s a Christmas miracle!

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

STAC Goat posted:

No, because I purposely ignored the thread for the better part of a day to avoid the covoking. Then I checked back in this afternoon to find the thread closed and imagined the worst.

Except that I hung around long enough to decide I like that made up word.

It wasn't that bad, just a couple of the usual suspects. More people in here were freaking out that the Time's Square car crash would be Trump's Reichstag Fire.

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

So is Trump praising the Filipino President more or less hosed up than when Reagan gave the Contras a tongue bath?

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

berserker posted:

More hosed up because the Contras weren't actually the leaders of Nicaragua at the time. He literally told Duterte, the Philippines' sitting president, "doin a great job with those state sanctioned murders, buddy"

Yeah but Nun raping/murder was a special kind of hosed up.

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Which branch of Christianity does Trump pretend to subscribe to again?

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Milosh posted:

Couldn't embed a tweet (i'm dumb) but looks like Hannity's walking back the Seth Rich thing.

Disappointing.

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

I want her to file for divorce. I want to see the Trump trainwreck that would result.

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

I really hope Hannity gets fired before long.

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Nah, I hope Hannity dies of auto-erotic asphyxiation.

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

How long until the military begins lying to Trump about sensitive information?

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

This derail is really an all-timer.

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Fart Amplifier posted:

So does anyone have any details about this new AUMF supposedly being announced tomorrow? Could it potentially be more limiting than the existing one? Or are we going to see a new war?

I highly doubt that Tim Kaine would be talking about it in a positive sense if it meant we were going to war.

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

The upcoming town halls are going to be great.

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

glowing-fish posted:

Politically speaking, areas in the Eastern half of the country tended to move towards Trump together.

This map compares Trump's vote percentage against Romney's. (Not their margin, which was effected by voters going to third parties and the like)

Lots of "conservative" areas in the West had a net loss for Trump, while many "liberal" areas in the East showed a net movement towards Trump. So Wyoming moved away from Trump while Rhode Island moved towards him.

I think that there is a commonality in culture between Rhode Island and Wisconsin, marked by those areas being parochial and resistant to change, that is prime territory for Trump to convert people there. Westerners in conservative areas went against the tide because they could perceive Trump as a coddled product of an East Coast culture that is afraid of change.

ETA a dog: here, to appease Easterners, I have the Louisiana Tech Bulldog.

No election talk NO ELECTION TALK

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Elotana posted:

Gianforte will win by double digits and politicians will feel that much more empowered to physically assault journalists

gently caress off

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Honest question, if Hillary had won would any of this Russian stuff come out?

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Tatsuta Age posted:

gotcha :cool:

but seriously if the president can brag about sexual assault and it doesn't matter, why do yall think some bumfuck MT election guy beating up a FAKE NEWS reporter is gonna matter, lol?

Because the sexual assault tape did loving matter, it was just cancelled out by a whole bunch of bullshit in the month afterwards.

If the sexual assault tape came out the day before the election Trump would have lost by 10 points.

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Elotana posted:

I better use some Tic Tacs just in case I start kissing her. You know, I’m automatically attracted to beautiful — I just start kissing them. It’s like a magnet. Just kiss. I don’t even wait. And when you’re a star, they let you do it. You can do anything. Grab ’em by the pussy. You can do anything.

If that were released the week before the election he would have been finished.

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

This man is our loving President.

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

BardoTheConsumer posted:

Half the country actually are raving lunatics though. The vest case scenario is someone thinking "man, I wish I could bodyslam a liberal journalist, but that would look bad. It would also look bad to vote for him so maybe I'll stay home and jerk off while posting about the evils of masturbation on my Christian forum".

This is bullshit.

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Koyaanisgoatse posted:

It doesn't matter one way or the other because a Republican in a heavily conservative district is actually having to fight, and if he wins it's going to be relatively narrow

BUT NOTHING MATTERS

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Please be on the way out.

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Man what the gently caress is up with this thread today? It's never good but it's really going full nihilist for no particular reason.

And yes things were worse in the 60s and 70s than they are right now get some drat perspective.

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

mcmagic posted:

OK fair but he was talking about the 1960s and 70s... I keep coming back to that in the 80s, Jeff Sessions was too racist to get confirmed to a judgeship by a larger republican senate majority than today.

Yeah the awesome 80s when the Federal Government knowingly allowed crack cocaine to decimate inner city black communities and purposely ignored the AIDS epidemic so as to allow it to function as a plague for gay people. Meanwhile we were propping up and arming genocidal dictators in Latin America and the Mid-East directly leading to the deaths of hundreds of thousands of people in a dozen undeclared proxy wars against another nuclear power.

The 80s were hosed even if it had the veneer of respectability.

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Going back to the 60s and 70s is is scary to read about how many awful things the government did to squash dissent among the free press and the general population at large during the Vietnam War. That is an example of an administration competently waging war against its own citizens with the FBI.

Oh and meanwhile Nixon just started carpet bombing Cambodia whoops.

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Cool. Now to wait for someone here to tell us why this is a bad thing.

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Man this thread is going to be bad tonight if the Dem losses even if it's by like 3 points in a +20 R district. And if he does win we'll hear some "oh but it was only because of the body slam so it doesn't really count. "

Shimrra Jamaane fucked around with this message at 19:51 on May 25, 2017

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Pander posted:

what kind of mental gymnastics are required to wear both Nazi and American paraphernalia at the same time?

It's like being a marxist member of the illumanati or something.

People forget but prior to World War II the American Nazi Party was large enough that they held sold out rallies in Madison Square Garden.

It's nothing new. And again another example that things in the past were more hosed up then they are now.

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Liu posted:

and they can never get bad ever again because the best part about history is that it never repeats itself

hmm yes that's exactly what I'm saying. :rolleyes:

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Crain posted:

And America was generally fine with letting the European theater play out.

We would have probably just let Hitler win if Japan hadn't gently caress-started our war boner.

That's not true at all, we were in an undeclared sea war with Nazi Germany for about 6 months before Pearl Harbor. Not to mention 2 years of Lend Lease. We were going to go to war with Germany no matter what, it just happened quicker because Hitler decided to declare war first in the days after Pearl Harbor.

Shimrra Jamaane fucked around with this message at 20:56 on May 25, 2017

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Liu posted:

i was just quoting sean spicer

Sorry. I didn't catch that reference. :(

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Knifegrab posted:

Do we know when we'll start getting results in from Montanya?

I vote that we rename the state of Montana to Montanya.

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

ahahahahaha

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

This is just like when he was tweeting out post-debate polls from the Bumb gently caress Inbred poo poo Hole Times.ru that had him winning.

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

The Glumslinger posted:

If you want to know why the Rassmussan result looks so different from all of the others, it looks like they are the only ones applying a Likely Voter screen to their results

It's actually that Rassmussen is garbage and intentionally skews its numbers.

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

BarbarianElephant posted:

They are quite possibly the correct poll. Trump still seems to be pretty popular among Republicans, despite everyone else expecting them to see the light Any Day Now.

Rasmussen has been consistently wrong for so many years now that there is literally no reason to think that they're suddenly correct.

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

ISeeCuckedPeople posted:

http://uproxx.com/news/trump-berkeley-breathed-cease-and-desist/

So is this legit?

Is it legal for the president of the united states to physically threaten people via a lawyer?

Oh FFS

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Are wild hogs really that large of a problem? What are they doing, tearing up crops?

• Locked thread