Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
theflyingorc
Jun 28, 2008

ANY GOOD OPINIONS THIS POSTER CLAIMS TO HAVE ARE JUST PROOF THAT BULLYING WORKS
Young Orc

is this completely accurate? he just got hannity's attention to promote his album?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

theflyingorc
Jun 28, 2008

Young Orc

boner confessor posted:

hannity is insanely gullible - i can't remember who it was but someone tweeted hannity with the following convo:

somebody: "hey DM me i have a hot scoop on clinton's emails or whatever"

hannity over DM: "really? what is it?"

somebody over DM: "you're an rear end in a top hat lol"

hannity over DM: "gently caress you"

didn't somebody literally get trump with that, too?

theflyingorc
Jun 28, 2008

Young Orc

Fitzy Fitz posted:

https://twitter.com/mkraju/status/867093598650720256

This is another stupid loving angle the Republicans keep trying to get soundbites for during these open hearings, along with "I've seen no evidence"

Brennan just kept saying "NO YOU MORON THERE WAS REASON THAT WHAT I SAW WAS SPECIAL, I JUST CANT TELL YOU"

theflyingorc
Jun 28, 2008

Young Orc

metasynthetic posted:

Reposting for new thread:

Didn't see this commented on in the last one - notice how his writing is centered pretty well, including an indent on the last line and his signature?

Except for the "& will never forget!" He forgot where he was and added it afterwards.

He also uses lowercase and uppercase more or less randomly - look at "HeRe" and "FRieNDS"

theflyingorc
Jun 28, 2008

Young Orc

OUTSIDE of the FART pun, this doesn't even make sense

He both admits that the leakers don't exist and that Trump is committing treason. to make a fart joke

theflyingorc
Jun 28, 2008

Young Orc

Koyaanisgoatse posted:

Bill Mitchell = @dril???

the most upsetting thing* about Trump's victory in November was not watching known idiot Bill Mitchell lose his goddamn mind on Twitter

*not really

edit:

Shifty Pony posted:

He sits around googling his name to see if people are talking about him. That's just about the saddest thing...

But he should be sadder after all he did to people.
I'm OK with Arpaio living in exactly the ending to Goodfellas

theflyingorc
Jun 28, 2008

Young Orc

tehinternet posted:

Just had a Trump supporter tell me that he didn't care if he were dirty or not because "you've got to get dirty to change things."

It's a hell of a time to be alive.

that's not what "getting your hands dirty" means

theflyingorc
Jun 28, 2008

Young Orc

...Trump is literally Drax from Guardians of the Galaxy

Like, this is in Vol. 2 as a joke.

theflyingorc
Jun 28, 2008

Young Orc

"This N-word is trying to call ME ignorant!?" might be the best encapsulation of white supremacist thought I've ever heard.

theflyingorc fucked around with this message at 15:49 on May 24, 2017

theflyingorc
Jun 28, 2008

Young Orc

Al Borland Corp. posted:

Why the gently caress do these idiot racists always continue to stand there and talk into the camera? Just loving leave and get in with whatever your racist rear end was gonna do!

Because they're very, very convicted that they're in the right, and everyone else is just denying reality when they act like people who aren't just like them are worthy of respect.

theflyingorc
Jun 28, 2008

Young Orc

stillvisions posted:

For the current administration the lack of a FBI head for a while is considered a feature, not a bug.

The lack of FBI head does absolutely nothing to help them, the deputy is completely in control

theflyingorc
Jun 28, 2008

Young Orc

My thoughts on Nate Silver and 538 are now always as follows:

"He is probably right"

theflyingorc
Jun 28, 2008

Young Orc

mcmagic posted:

That's before there is actual human running against him that the conservative infotainment complex has demonized though.

That didn't really help his favorables very much, just his vote take.

Trump still had the lowest favorables of any candidate, ever.

(second was Clinton)

theflyingorc
Jun 28, 2008

Young Orc

mcmagic posted:

Well yeah but as you're proving here, he doesn't need high favorables to win.

It's true, but I wonder how strong his "strongly approve" was leading up to the election. Even if those people are dropping from "strong" to "approve" and will still vote for him, the gap of enthusiasm for him from the insane part of the country could really cause those more near the middle, but uninformed, to not bother to vote.

I'm not predicting this will happen by any means, but it would sure be nice.

theflyingorc
Jun 28, 2008

Young Orc

evilweasel posted:

As people have said, he has a shot but he is the underdog. He has never led in any of the polls, but they have been close enough that turnout can win it for him because it's very difficult to model special election turnout. If it's close but he still loses, that's still a good sign for 2018 because (a) he's a flawed candidate in some important respects and (b) it's a very conservative state.

One thing is for certain: If he loses, this thread will have half a dozen posters LOSING THEIR MINDS about how the Democrats are DEFINITELY doomed forever

theflyingorc
Jun 28, 2008

Young Orc

Mahoning posted:

Skyline chili is an atrocity. But god drat that cheese is the poo poo. When I lived in Cincinnati I would order cheese coneys with no chili just because that cheese is so good.

isn't it just cheddar?

theflyingorc
Jun 28, 2008

Young Orc

mcmagic posted:

37% is a new low!

Yup! The only lower number I've seen was gallup polling had him at 35 for a day and 36 for two days, but this is the new low for Q poll.

theflyingorc
Jun 28, 2008

Young Orc

evilweasel posted:

lol the georgia race has gotten so expensive local tv stations are reorganizing their lineup so they can show more political ads:

https://www.buzzfeed.com/henrygomez/georgia-special-election-has-republicans-wondering-about?utm_term=.kgKq6bxz4v#.shA4rRLvnZ

quote:

Several GOP operatives noted that the party’s committees can use the threat of losing control of Congress as a selling point as they work their donor base.

“When faced with the thought of Speaker Pelosi,” said Corry Bliss, executive director of the Congressional Leadership Fund, “there’s nearly an unlimited amount of money that Republicans can raise the next two years.”

Literally "the fact that we're losing means that we can win!"

I mean, they SHOULD run on that if they want to win, but pretending like being in a bad position is actually a GOOD position is really dumb

theflyingorc
Jun 28, 2008

Young Orc
i very much want to know what "baptist anime" is

theflyingorc
Jun 28, 2008

Young Orc

Fart City posted:

It's been a couple of years since I took the class, but I distinctly remember a story that featured a bunch of ninjas in a dystopian society that had "turned its back on Christ" using the power of faith to supercharge their katanas. Also, a female classmate specifically called the author out in workshop for the fact that every female character either appeared nude, as a slave, or as a nude slave.

this kid owns, and i want to read the story about the jesus katanas and hot naked slaves

theflyingorc
Jun 28, 2008

Young Orc

empty whippet box posted:

I always thought CS Lewis loving sucked too and it irritates me to no end that christians hold him up as some kind of example. His bullshit made no sense and they probably haven't actually read it anyway.

Tolkien hated the Narnia books and they were SUPER good friends, so you're hardly alone.

I think a number of Narnia books hold up really well for what they are.

theflyingorc
Jun 28, 2008

Young Orc
Goddammit, my brain forgot which series was which, and I thought that the next Just Cause game was going to be in Montana, which would have been AMAZING

theflyingorc
Jun 28, 2008

Young Orc
...the "fake Russian document" seems perfectly adequate to spin up an investigation on, and I don't see why being wrong means that Comey was actually stupid. I'm sure the FBI investigates based on false intel all the time.

theflyingorc
Jun 28, 2008

Young Orc

Lemming posted:

It's saying part of the motivation to have that press conference without input from the DoJ was the document indicating that the DoJ wasn't going to be impartial/would intentionally try to be too kind to Clinton, so they couldn't trust them, which was false

Yeah, sure, but that's...not THAT bad of a decision? The Comey letter was much, much more unwise. Comey's decision to say "we are absolutely not recommending charges" isn't exactly the straw that broke the camel's back.

Willo567 posted:

Really? Trump may launch a strike on North Korea? If that happens. what then?

what are you talking about

theflyingorc
Jun 28, 2008

Young Orc

Confounding Factor posted:

Good explanation thanks. We can add that to the Democratic agenda when they retake control, what an out of date system. Why havent any reforms been done on it?

...first, before you do the anything, learn the basics of Mutually Assured Destruction and why we use it. The whole point of the system is to make it so no nuclear capable country ever even thinks about attacking us with nuclear weapons.

Getting rid of first strike, or making first strike require a much longer chain with multiple checkpoints, is a good idea. The nukes being able to go up quick is not.

theflyingorc
Jun 28, 2008

Young Orc
Score is out: Healthcare free for everyone, the AHCA will give us all a free puppy and nobody will get sick ever again and also dinosaurs are coming back, MAGA

theflyingorc
Jun 28, 2008

Young Orc

Kurr de la Cruz posted:

Pretty much this: Why send up 1 big warhead when you can send up half a dozen smaller ones on the same missile, and give each one a different target. You can also dial in the yield for the newer warheads too.

just use metal gear, gosh

theflyingorc
Jun 28, 2008

Young Orc

plainswalker75 posted:

Yeah, well my plane leaves in less than one minute.

I shouldn't have stopped for that haircut. Sorry.

theflyingorc
Jun 28, 2008

Young Orc

Party Plane Jones posted:

https://twitter.com/SopanDeb/status/867471425623527424

As JFK would say, the Trump cabinet has the highest accumulation of intelligence since Jefferson last used his chamber pot.

The dude went from rags to riches by becoming a doctor. Believing that he did so because he was more right than other people is core to his identity

theflyingorc
Jun 28, 2008

Young Orc

Aves Maria! posted:

Holy poo poo, that's atrocious

28 is what would happen under the current law. It's basically exactly the same as the first version

theflyingorc
Jun 28, 2008

Young Orc

Aves Maria! posted:

Yeah, but the first version of the bill was also atrocious

It's true, but I was really hoping that this one would eclipse the first one.

theflyingorc
Jun 28, 2008

Young Orc
If I'm reading it right, premiums would go down about 4% in half the country (by 2026), 20% in about 1/3rd of the country, and "we have no idea" down in the remaining 6th.

In exchange for 23 million people to lose their insurance.

that doesn't seem worth it IMO.

theflyingorc
Jun 28, 2008

Young Orc

Lote posted:

It's not a 20% premium hike.

Next year, the high end estimate is 20-30% increase in premiums for the ACA.

The CBO forcast is 20-30% + an additional 20% premium hike.

lol @ the idea of passing a bill that will make premiums go up 40% in an election year

theflyingorc
Jun 28, 2008

Young Orc

There Bias Two posted:

So you're saying with this new bill, they expect a hike of up to 50%?!

Actually, it's 30% higher than 120% of this years.

so up to 56%

hahahahah premiums next year could go up ALMOST SIXTY PERCENT

theflyingorc
Jun 28, 2008

Young Orc
old poor people: you are dead. the end. you're simply dead.

theflyingorc
Jun 28, 2008

Young Orc
a 64 year old person on a fixed income earning $26,500 a year would have an expected yearly insurance cost of $13,600.

over half of your money goes to health insurance. after that you are living on poverty wages, and you're 64. there's no future for you.

theflyingorc
Jun 28, 2008

Young Orc

ImpAtom posted:

The GOP doesn't have reluctant and moderate voters. They literally do not care about anyone else but themselves. The trick is convincing them that this hurts them and not minorities and that would involve them listening to non-Drudgeland arguments.
...the fox news demographic would have their insurance go up by $10k a year. that's a problem

theflyingorc
Jun 28, 2008

Young Orc

please be true

let the Republican candidate have attacked a random person the day before an election

theflyingorc
Jun 28, 2008

Young Orc

uh, so from that still shot - do the people in charge of making Trump look "good" not do any work on the side of his head? the preview image he looks like a decade older

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

theflyingorc
Jun 28, 2008

Young Orc

FizFashizzle posted:

He's already basically come out in favor of the theory of evolution which even twenty years ago would have been unheard of.
Uh...no. Catholics have been cool with evolution for a really long time.

• Locked thread