Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
mango sentinel
Jan 5, 2001

by sebmojo

Sounds like it's time to extend the Russian investigation to the Gowdy campaign.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mango sentinel
Jan 5, 2001

by sebmojo

Is Paddy Power taking bets on Melania fatally shoving Trump down the stairs is Air Force One?

mango sentinel
Jan 5, 2001

by sebmojo

nimby posted:

Trump's about to arrive in Brussels, apparently he's being hosted in the embassy by the ranking diplomat and he'll sleep there because the ambassador's residence is still empty.

Melania will probably be staying at the same hotel Obama stayed at. Guess she's gotten used to living apart from him.

My wife and I were talking about the hand swatting yesterday. She said she worried about Trump being physically abusive because it's blowing up in the media and making him look bad. I suggested it's likely Melania is never actually anywhere alone with Trump for this to happen.

mango sentinel
Jan 5, 2001

by sebmojo

Thread already talked about this, but it's arguably a larger breech of national security Intel than what he told the Russians.

Also another laughable instance of hypocrisy after he whined about Obama announcing troop movements.

mango sentinel
Jan 5, 2001

by sebmojo

Hollismason posted:

Why is Melanie Trump dressed like she is in mourning.

Manchester

mango sentinel
Jan 5, 2001

by sebmojo

1-800-DOCTORB posted:

The 7th book of JoJo's Bizarre Adventure involves the main characters finding Jesus and using the power of Christ to solve their conflicts.

To be clear, the "finding Jesus" is literally finding separate parts of his corpse strewn across America, and the "power of Christ" refers to the magic powers those parts bestow.

mango sentinel
Jan 5, 2001

by sebmojo

SirPablo posted:

I like this geography (from the National Weather Service).

These are way more accurate cultural-political fault lines than that Russian professor's nonsense.

mango sentinel
Jan 5, 2001

by sebmojo

Caros posted:

This is just wrong.

While the vote was decided by a single vote cast, the actual total wasn't that close. What happened in the house for the ACHA is the same thing that happened with the ACA. House leadership got the approval of enough members to vote yes for the issue. Once they were sure they had that, they started handing out hall passes to anyone for whom the vote could be troublesome in their district. The only difference this election makes is that one less republican will be given a pass.

Again, I'm not saying it isn't a good thing. I'd just rather republicans get publicly beaten on ideas in a way that frightens them rather than give house republicans the fig leaf that maybe they just don't need to bodyslam reporters in front of witnesses.

Unless the new cycle has given me an aneurysm, they were scrambling up to night before to actually secure the votes.

mango sentinel
Jan 5, 2001

by sebmojo

paperwind posted:

I saw hundreds and hundreds of new posts, wondering what stupid or awful thing Trump did today.

And it wasn't even Trump this time!

Trump told Duterte that Duterte is doing a great job with the drug problem and also divulged we have two "nuclear submarines" off the coast of North Korea. Trump noted we totally don't want to use them. It is unclear if Trump meant nuclear powered or nuclear armed, since he likely does not understand the distinction.

Also his hotels aren't disclosing payments from foreign powers, abrogating his promise to do so.

mango sentinel
Jan 5, 2001

by sebmojo

spunkshui posted:

Probably armed since North Korea has been playing with nukes and missiles for a while.

Or maybe they just shoot down missiles and thats why every missile NC fires ends up a failure... That would actually make a ton of sense, I don't think its that hard to build a basic missile.

1) SSBN subs don't need to be close to their prospective targets, they're basically armed with ICBMs.
2) Being near NK suggests they're probably regular subs with cruise missiles, though as I said Trump probably doesn't understand the difference.
3) Telling anyone where our SSBNs are is tantamount to treason, so I feel we would have had a little more grousing from the military if that's what is was.
4) It's literally rocket science. It's not happenstance that's a byword for an incredibly complicated and demanding task.

mango sentinel
Jan 5, 2001

by sebmojo

ImpAtom posted:

It is remarkable how Trump seems to think everyone in the world has no memory.

He doesn't, why should anyone else?

mango sentinel
Jan 5, 2001

by sebmojo

Pander posted:

Trump seems like he's at a massive disadvantage at these handshake pissing contests due to his tiny baby fingers. How can he crush someone's wrist with those ineffectual hands?

He operates entirely on surprise but people have wised up and are destroying him on it now that they expect it.

mango sentinel
Jan 5, 2001

by sebmojo

hanales posted:

Alright this kind of makes me angry.

https://www.facebook.com/berkeleybreathed/photos/a.114529165244512.10815.108793262484769/1577899202240827/?type=3&theater

If the image embed doesn't work, it appears Trump has sent his lawyers after Berkely Breathed for "unauthorized use of his image".

Sounds from the letter that Breathed was selling shirts advertised with photoshops of the Trump family wearing the shirts. Not that he's got a C&D over illustrating Trump's likeness.

mango sentinel
Jan 5, 2001

by sebmojo

Fansy posted:

If denying millions of americans healthcare doesn't matter, neither does a bodyslam. Don't expect a late surge.

Not to say they won't elect the Montana Choke Slamma but denying millions of americans healthcare is kinda starting to matter here and there.

mango sentinel
Jan 5, 2001

by sebmojo

Arist posted:

Holy poo poo when did the brokebrains invade
Happens every time there are live election returns.

mango sentinel
Jan 5, 2001

by sebmojo

Koyaanisgoatse posted:

Hasn't the DNC been pouring money into that race, unlike in Montana?

Yeah but Handel is a total shitbird of a candidate nobody likes and the Sixth is actually less of a solid +R these days than previous elections would indicate. There's no silver lining or "we tried :unsmith:" to that race.

mango sentinel
Jan 5, 2001

by sebmojo

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

What is Sinclair? I've never heard of them before.
A company of assholes trying to monopolize local broadcast television and well on the way to doing so thanks to deregulation from their good buddy President Trump.

Instead of being on Fox news, they get to inject their bullshit directly into local syndication including guest spots from their cool new Political Analyst, Boris Epshtyn.

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/05/03/business/dealbook/sinclair-media-expansion-fox-conservative-media.html

mango sentinel
Jan 5, 2001

by sebmojo

ISeeCuckedPeople posted:

I find it so funny that you people just don't learn. You seem to think like the world is just or righteous that you deserve some kind of justice. Justice is made by the system we live in. Outside of that system there is none.

You sat around and let let republicans say on the internet and on television time and time again that Democrats are absolute evil, that it's ok to do anything no matter what it takes to stop them.

You didn't have any real response or pushback. You couldn't come up with a strategy. In the days of Ancient Rome you would of been a Roman citizen in a village getting burned down by the Goths trying to run to the local roman legion "Help us help us" but they're all loving dead.

You need to understand the winners make the rules in this world. And if you aren't the winners you're the losers. You need to understand the only thing that stopped hitler was the people who developed actual competent strategies to stop him. You need to realize it won't be the system, or the people in this country who are voting who will stop Donald Trump.

It's up to you and your strategies. If your strategies aren't working than nothing is going to happen to stop this. Republicans can and will kill democrats like they did in Arizona. They will punch the press like they did in Montana and your response will continue to be crying on internet forums rubbing your hands without any kind of actual legitimate plan to stop them except saying "oh they are evil eventually people will vote for us."

It's so loving weak and pathetic it makes me want to puke.

If you are going to come up with a strategy to stop them it better be a god-damned good one. It can't be some lovely "oh lets hold press conferences on capital hill calling them names." bullshit. You have to be willing to die for your cause. And so far I'm not seeing much dying out there on the streets. There are no martyrs in America no Phan Thi Kim Phuc running from Napalm.

You haven't given the American people an image or story shocking enough or strong enough to change their minds. And you won't win a war like this without some kind of sacrifice of the greatest kind.

lol

Man I though the dementia stuff was overblown but wow.

mango sentinel
Jan 5, 2001

by sebmojo

TGLT posted:

Good going Jötunheimr, land of Ice and Darkness.

edit: At least Gianforte is liable to have more interesting scandals on down the road.

Every DC reporter needs to be up his rear end constantly until he snaps some more.

mango sentinel
Jan 5, 2001

by sebmojo

HonorableTB posted:

To be fair, I wouldn't know what any of that poo poo is either and that's why you are supposed to have a competent and qualified Secretary of the Treasury, Secretary of Commerce, and advisers who loving DO know so they can, you know, advise you.

The whole point of a cabinet is that you don't need to be an expert in everything as long as you have the ability to get help and advice from people who are.
The President of the United States should know those things. He doesn't have to have an in depth, nuanced understanding but he should have a strong familiarity with topics of economics, law, and political science. Trump doesn't have the basic understanding of a survey course in these topics. Advisors are there to supplement knowledge, not explain basic concepts of a field.

mango sentinel
Jan 5, 2001

by sebmojo
First the Orb.

Now an IRL HOT CUBE.

mango sentinel
Jan 5, 2001

by sebmojo
cove fee fee

mango sentinel
Jan 5, 2001

by sebmojo
I'm gonna be pissed if that fat gently caress stroked out mid tweet instead of living to be torn from office and sent to rot for treason.

mango sentinel
Jan 5, 2001

by sebmojo

Pakled posted:

Well yeah, I mean, God would never flood the world in order to punish humanity

TBF he promised to never do it again.

mango sentinel
Jan 5, 2001

by sebmojo

Heck Yes! Loam! posted:

I didn't know RC cola still existed. Thats some amazing shade.

https://twitter.com/OfficialRCCola/status/868848314342670336

It's not real

mango sentinel
Jan 5, 2001

by sebmojo

Harrow posted:

Wait, Agents of SHIELD is actually good? It got off to such a rough start that I just kinda wrote it off.

It went from "oof" to "Okay." I'd put it slightly above CW-Tier, but not by much.

mango sentinel
Jan 5, 2001

by sebmojo

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

Can Corbyn undo Brexit? I don't understand how the UK government works.

If elected he could attempt to single handedly stop Brexit but has not signaled he would, and it's unclear if the EU would actually let him withdraw from the process.

mango sentinel
Jan 5, 2001

by sebmojo

The Glumslinger posted:

No, if Ossoff loses, that is bad for democrats. This district is the exact kind of district they need if they plan to retake the House, traditionally red, but with changing demographics that was already luke-warm on Trump. Its the most expensive House race in US history, the democrats need to win this.

code:
2000 	President 	George W. Bush 68% - Al Gore 32%
2004 	President 	George W. Bush 70% - John Kerry 29%
2008 	President 	John McCain 62% - Barack Obama 37%
2012 	President 	Mitt Romney 61% - Barack Obama 38%
2016 	President 	Donald Trump 48% - Hillary Clinton 47%
This district HATES Trump, and if the dems cant capitalize on that, then they are hopeless (or atleast extremely likely to get hosed in 2018)

He's also pretty charming and running on fiscal watchdog bona fide against a weak, pro-Trump candidate people will have to hold their nose for. If he loses it's bad signs all around and will signal to Democrats they need a radical shift in strategy and focus that they will promptly ignore.

mango sentinel
Jan 5, 2001

by sebmojo

Piell posted:

Pruitt again refuses to answer a direct question if Trump believes climate change is a hoax.

Does Pruitt believe climate change is a hoax?

mango sentinel
Jan 5, 2001

by sebmojo

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

Has anyone ever had Jimmy Johns? They're expanding into my area and I'm curious.

Jimmy John's is dope but their owner is an incredible shithead so I feel guilty going there.

mango sentinel
Jan 5, 2001

by sebmojo

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

Is he more of a shitheel than Papa John?

Slightly less in most aspects, but also was a big game hunter.

mango sentinel
Jan 5, 2001

by sebmojo

Chilichimp posted:

The french dip is sex

Also jamocha shakes

No way. They changed their French dip and au ju like a decade ago and it's just disappointing now.

mango sentinel
Jan 5, 2001

by sebmojo

Shifty Pony posted:

Speaking of Atlanta and food there was a place southwest of Atlanta right off I-20 called Jurassic Subs. It is a sub shop with dinosaurs everywhere and it is loving awesome.

the sandwich was decent but any shortcomings were more than made up for by the dinosaurs

Someone kidnapped and redecorated a Firehouse Subs.

I live in Atlanta and don't know Jet's but after looking it's because they're mostly in lovely areas I never go to.

Your Pie is my favorite chain pizza, but that's kinda cheating.

mango sentinel
Jan 5, 2001

by sebmojo

AsInHowe posted:

Did you get me Katie Nolan's number or other contact info

Don't be gross

mango sentinel
Jan 5, 2001

by sebmojo

maskenfreiheit posted:

why is this bad?

Because both countries are pretty important US allies and it's gonna get real loving weird if Saudia Arabia wants to roll in and US CENTCOM is entrenched in a Qatari Air Force base.

Also war and belligerent nations are pretty bad, but that first thing is gonna be bullet point 1 that Trump will gently caress up.

mango sentinel
Jan 5, 2001

by sebmojo

maskenfreiheit posted:

So could that give us an excuse to finally go into some of these countries? Saudi Arabia for example pretty much did 9/11... maybe it'll take them literally strafing US troops for us to not take their poo poo anymore.
Ok now you've gone beyond disingenuous Devil's Advocate shittiness into undeniable trolling.

mango sentinel
Jan 5, 2001

by sebmojo

This is the closest I can imagine to the "Gas Prices" lever being real and Trump smashing it past high all the way to Fuel Crisis. Pretty excited for a couple years from now when every national park is a wasteland of exploratory drilling.

mango sentinel
Jan 5, 2001

by sebmojo

Caufman posted:

As far as I know, NATO has never been at war with Sunni Islamist terrorists. We have always been at war with Shiite Islamist terrorists.

I can't tell if this post is sincere and confused or if it's doubleplusgood.

mango sentinel
Jan 5, 2001

by sebmojo

deep web creep posted:

God drat I am so glad that this is the thing most people seem to be taking away from the GA06 debate

https://twitter.com/wsbtv/status/872260372861943809

I told y'all she was a weak candidate.

Kramdar posted:

Why did everyone have to look up "humdinger" today? I understand if you're not from the US, but that is the only excuse! This has been the worst thing about today!

Ned Flanders is the only person to use that word within the past six decades.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mango sentinel
Jan 5, 2001

by sebmojo

EwokEntourage posted:

FBI is domestic law enforcement, not spooks/spies

Kinda a blurry line at times tho
He wasn't even law enforcement, he was DoJ. Dude was a prosecuting attorney his whole life prior to heading the FBI.

• Locked thread