Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

Rigel posted:

CBO score comes out tomorrow. The reason why it took so long is its one of the most complicated analysis they've had to do in a while because they have to try and predict which states might decide to opt out, which is hard

https://twitter.com/politico/status/867136469516857345

how bad is it gonna be. I assume it will be worse then the last one.

i hate mulvany so loving much.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Flesh Forge posted:

I don't think any of the really successful conservative grifters are genuine believers, I'm sure every one of them is a cynical con artist just maximizing their income.

its more that most of the cynical ones have either died, burned out or become true believers.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

ToxicSlurpee posted:

Most Catholics I've spoken to personally have been very similar to Evangelicals. Then again I'm from rural Pennsylvania so that's probably part of it. A depressing majority of Christians in general I've met in these parts have been awful people that use Jesus to justify being hateful, spiteful dickheads that despise everything.

Judaism I think is pretty different because so much of it is left to individual interpretation. If memory serves Jews are generally taught to study the teachings, learn from them, and to never automatically assume something just because a rabbi said it. Hard and fast dogmatic rules are relatively uncommon. Generally speaking there aren't "denominations" of Judaism the way Christianity thinks of it. The ongoing conversation of just what it is to be Jewish is like a central part of the religion. It isn't like Christianity where you have single congregations of a few dozen people who believe absolutely everybody else is going to Hell because they interpreted one particular word slightly differently.

Of course American Christianity is a special variety of terrible.

same. alot of the Catholics i know(also in rural PA) are conservative as gently caress.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

lol, they are never going to find one are they. all the sane people dont want it and all the crazys dont want it.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

mcmagic posted:

This is a civil war.

jesus christ is that real? i always though norquest was one of the "sane" ones.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

DeathSandwich posted:

Norquist was never a sane person. His whole schtick is that when he was a teenager he wrote a pledge that he still to this day gets all GOP politicians to sign saying that they promise to never ever raise taxes for any reason. He acts like this makes him a serious person.

Also he's apparently a vaping weirdo and has been for the last several years.

yeah i was thinking of that other dude. i think he was connected to w. i forget but he was big never trump person.

Star Man posted:

The thing I never understand about Confederate symbols are when they're seen in places that were still territories when the Civil War broke out or were states that were created after the Missouri Compromise. Obviously it's just a symbol of racism no matter what, where, and when, but it's just weird to me when I see a Confederate battle flag underneath a Wyoming state flag on a flagstaff while I'm commuting to work.

i am more surprised when they are in Union states. i live in eastern PA and i see plenty of them.

lol. that owns.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Hollismason posted:

Kushner is not a particularly intelligent person.

none of them are. they are mostly shithead business types or dickhead far right dipshits.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

lol. he won't and even if he does, it will just make him lose more GOP people. trying to cater to his dying base and a bunch pepes wont save him.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

CalvinandHobbes posted:

Pardon my ignorance, minor thread necromancy, and the derail but could you explain this a bit? I know very little about Japanese politics.

if i remember correctly he is basically trying to push japan back to the 30s and 40s/ra ra nationalism poo poo. he is big on pretending all the loving henious poo poo japan did in the war didnt happen. also pushing xenophobia.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Paradoxish posted:

https://twitter.com/juliamacfarlane/status/868948902426411009

She pulled the old one because it made it sound like a missile had actually landed in Japan, which would be a much bigger deal.

thats still a big deal now. i am curious what dumbshit will do about it.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Paracaidas posted:

It's comforting to think that only the right wing falls for obvious bullshit from those who are desperate for fame and clicks.

Mensch and a parade of dumbasses during the primary shows that brokebrainery is the one biparitsan unifier we have left.

doesnt jimmy dorne believe the rich mathews thing and act like the russia stuff is all fake and evil CIA poo poo. i am starting to think everyone related to young turks is loving poo poo now.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

DrNutt posted:

I always get pretty frustrated at Memorial Day and to a lesser extent Veteran's Day, because it's been awhile since American service members have died actually fighting for any sort of freedoms. Like, I'm not going to piss on anyone's grave to be an edgelord or anything, but I also am not going to get all solemn because we sent Johnny Q. GED to go step on land mines in Iraq for a completely bullshit war.

Even Afghanistan is a loving farce. We should have responded by nuking Said Arabia with economic sanctions. Deciding to fight a ground war in Afghanistan was like trying to fight poverty by arresting the homeless, rather than addressing the root causes of poverty. Oh poo poo wait, that's actually an extremely American thing.

Happy Memorial Day everybody!

same. i just feel bad for them. i guess korea was the last war we sorta fought for freedoms and maybe the beginnings of afganastan. also yeah nuke Riyadh and start killing Wahhabi clerics and royal family members.

Rigel posted:

oh, poo poo. Luke Skywalker's not a fan of Trump

https://twitter.com/HamillHimself/status/869290423369453569

cool and good.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Confounding Factor posted:

He wants to undo everything Obama ever did in the past 8 years.

pretty much. he hates obama to the core, actually why does he hate obama? i mean why did he get on the birther poo poo to begin with?

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Dr. VooDoo posted:

What are the chances this is also in part cause Cuba wouldn't let him put a hotel there?

Obama is actually smart and witty and spent a good portion of the big White House dinner dunking on him with scathing jokes and Trump pouted like a child the entire time. That's literally it and because he's such a narcissist he's held a grudge ever since. It's literally part of what is shaping his policies right now a petty grudge

i know that. but why did he start the birth certificate poo poo?

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

yeah. the GOP is hosed in the future. sure they have some alt right dipshits, but those they have no class or charisma and are basically the college republican. trumps win feels like a last roll of the dice and the GOP got lucky he pretended to be a populist and it pushed off their implosion for a couple years, maybe a decade. the DNC is probaly gonna imploade as well but they have a better chance at rebuilding.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

I am curious to see if it has spread to trump himself yet?

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Spacebump posted:

Lol looks like Corey Booker won't have a chance in the 2020 Dem primary. Wonder who Trump's challenger in the general will be.
https://twitter.com/davidsirota/status/869040415118417920

loving dumbass. you have other rich pricks who fund you, you dumb liberal cretin. dont support the one who is a loving traitor.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Piell posted:

SPICER FLED

what happend? why did he flee.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

theflyingorc posted:

They started pushing him for examples of fake news.

When he threw out a small garbage story nobody cared about they started all roasting him.

lol, i need a link now.

Fitzy Fitz posted:

Well we can hope. I don't think it will stop him from running. I really don't want to vote for him.

yeah. if the russia poo poo hits "mattering" which its starting, booker is picking the worst possible choice.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Pellisworth posted:

This is getting too meta for me. Several reporters asking about rumors of the WH shaking up communication staff or messaging.

Is it true the White House is considering a change in its approach to messaging and communications?

I think the President has made it very clear, and speaks for himself. I can't comment on ongoing negotiations or investigations. You should ask that department. I'll get back to you when the President has made a decision.

POOF

my guess is press briefings made weekly by trump so he can jerk off about himself and yell and PISSSS when people call him out.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

nice and good. hope one blows away erdgogan and many of his ISIS fuckbuddies.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

This. Why do liberals keep acting like he is a super tactical genius? He isn't.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Majorian posted:

Trump permanently hobbled and Sessions out of office is the best-case scenario imo. It looks like that may well happen!

This. Trump maybe tossed. But I think sessions, Flynn, kush and maybe bannon and pence are hosed. Trump will probably end up like Johnson, hobbled and broken and ruined but not finished.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Mustached Demon posted:

I'm gonna be so mad if I have to post around Hillary chat all night.

SO MAD!

Same. I like this thread but I hate when it dives into Clinton defense/attack and primary poo poo. Go to the suck zone to complain about the dnc being poo poo.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

He doesn't care. It's clear trump doesn't matter and no matter what happens, putin can only gain.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

empty whippet box posted:

Yeah, this. He's projecting hard. Trump doesn't see this or any other issue as real and he doesn't know anything about them. He doesn't know what climate change is, he doesn't know what the paris accord is. He is upset that Macron alpha-dogged him and he retaliated by pulling out of the paris agreement because he thought it would re-establish his alphaness. Instead it just means that everyone looks at him like "really dude? you're loving dumb goddamn" and the US will never be trusted the same way for several generations.

If someone can look you in the face and tell you they believe trump understands what climate change is then they are lying sacks of poo poo, I simply don't believe anyone on this earth actually believes that trump knows the first god drat thing about it.

like. i know the GOP is loving awful and lovely/selfish/etc. but how the gently caress do they not see trump as a massive detriment. he will kill the GOP hard in the long term.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

RoboChrist 9000 posted:

I've thought about this a lot, and as far as I can see, there are basically three possible explanations, all equally terrifying.
1. They know and don't care because they will do anything and everything for immediate temporal power. Nothing matters.
2. They are literally that stupid.
3. They know and don't care because who cares about the ability to win elections if you don't plan on holding elections?

Obviously the first two are the most likely explanations, but still loving terrifying. Trump's already shown us that you don't need to be competent to do enormous damage.

possibly. it honestly depends. i have various pretty conservative relatives including my godfather, who is great guy and is mostly conservative because fiscal stuff and abortion and mix of other reasons but is pretty left wing sorta forign policy wise(he isnt a neocon.) he is basicaly a Paleoconservative without the weird race poo poo. he doesnt like trump, but he hated Clinton more and basically (at least from my interpratation) that trump is a "a blow for the greater good" or some stuff.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

ReidRansom posted:

This is like 12 hours old now, looks like, but I didn't see it so I'm posting it anyway

https://twitter.com/Newsweek/status/870593363422085120

poo poo is getting real hosed up

they are saber rattling hard. the Trump trump card fizzled and the alt/hard right europe take over did as well. Russia economy is still hosed. invading sweden/europe/poland would be suicidal.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Apoplexy posted:

Also, back on the subject of Trump, Trumpkins, and other assorted murderers: https://mobile.twitter.com/itsmikebivins/status/871099079710953472

jesus loving christ. i honestly hope this gently caress gets his jaw shattered with a bat. loving nazi scum.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Apoplexy posted:

WTF. Rick Perry is doing the job expected of Secretary of Energy fairly adequately. Not trying to kill the institution outright with incompetence and corruption.

http://abcnews.go.com/Politics/wireStory/energys-perry-blast-running-agency-vowed-kill-47806784

WTF.

honestly. probaly because he was a legit idiot and didnt know what they did. now he does and he realizes how important it all is(with nukes/power grid/etc.)

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

TheOneAndOnlyT posted:

I'm convinced that one of these days we're going to find out that Trump and his team knew about an upcoming terror attack against a NATO ally, could have shared information to stop it, and then didn't because Trump didn't like the way their leader shook his hand or some poo poo.

oh i am sure. he is loving petty and incompetent idiot.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Tzen posted:

What the gently caress why

because he is trying for "easy victories" any kind will do.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

oh jesus. why do we got to bat for them and why is trump so loving stupid.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Alter Ego posted:

I realize I'm a bit late on this but HOLY poo poo SHUT UP SHUT UP SHUT UP YOU FAT PATHETIC ORANGE TURD.

he won't and he will probaly double/triple down later.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

personally, i think he knows all of this and either has no intention of filling because "reasons" or he is an idiot and doesnt know poo poo and is already under water.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

guidoanselmi posted:

Greenwald is fine. The Intercept is fine. Just enjoy their leaks and content.

God forbid you might disagree on some views.

sure. but they may have burned her(which they may not have, some think she burned herself accidentally or on purpose)

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Synthbuttrange posted:

Republicans use 'alt-right' Portland rally to recruit new members

Republicans have used a controversial “alt-right” rally in Portland, held in the wake of the the killing spree allegedly perpetrated by a local white supremacist in the city, to recruit new members to the party.

The effort was led by James Buchal, chair of the Multnomah County Republican party, who urged attendees at the rally on Sunday to join to the GOP. Details of his efforts were uncovered in a recording from the rally.

“I want to say, since I am involved in the Republican party, that the structure to change the government officials in a party, a political party,” Buchal told the crowd . “And we are looking for young conservatives to get active in the Multnomah County Republican party.”

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2017/jun/05/portland-alt-right-rally-republican-recruit-james-buchal

lol, that seems pretty loving desperate of them.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

lol, i think he is hosed. so he is in poo poo ton of debt and now the FBI is on his rear end, like father like son.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

yeah, the moderates hate him and the corprates hate him for the paris stuff. no one likes him except idiots and he isn't useful to anyone.

Medullah posted:

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/871899511525961728

Well I wanted to go to bed but why do I feel this is the beginning of a fun night...

awsome he is doubling down.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

maybe. but trump doesnt strike me as that much of tactical thinker. maybe he is, but that would be going against what he has done all his life. this isnt a loving 5-D chess thinking.

Spiritus Nox posted:

This is dumb. The subset of Americans who care about Comey's testimony, although almost certainly smaller than it needs to be, aren't going to be somehow too distracted by an NYT story hinting at palace intruiges. Unless she's suggesting that Comey's In On It and is going to give a purposefully defanged testimony? But that's stupid in its own right because if Comey's In On It then there was no reason for this theater of firing him in the first place.

Trump Is A Bad Man With Fascist Tendencies and Trump Is A Stumbling Loon Who Couldn't Find His Own rear end With Both Hands And A Map are not mutually exclusive platforms.

this. he picked a terrible cabinet and advisers that he has no loyalty to and they all hate each other and now many hate him. everyone except trump and maybe bannon/conway, know this admin is the Hindenburg and is gonna crash and burn. i can believe shits going down and no one knows what anyone is doing.

• Locked thread