Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Da Mott Man
Aug 3, 2012

ReidRansom posted:

If you're getting up on Saturday morning and immediately tune in to news instead of boning your lady/man, eating breakfast and then getting morning drunk, washing a car or mowing the lawn or something, you're in too deep. Put down the remote for a while and go enjoy the world while it remains.

Gotta chase the dragon.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Da Mott Man
Aug 3, 2012

Hellblazer187 posted:

Same.

I voted for him TWICE.

(I voted Edwards in the 2008 Primary because I'm constantly wrong).

I voted for Hillary in the 2008 primary, voted for Obama in the general.
Of course in 2012 it was Obama all the way.
And then I voted for Sanders in this primary and sucked it up and voted for the lady that had 85% of the policies Sanders had instead of the big dumb idiot who constantly shits on people and still has a chance to end the world as we know it.

gently caress any BernBros that voted for the orange moron, they might not have had a huge impact, but I think anyone that though Trump was closer to Bernie than Hillary was; is braindead or a misogynist.

Da Mott Man fucked around with this message at 22:32 on May 29, 2017

Da Mott Man
Aug 3, 2012

BRISTOL PALINS BABY posted:

Gonna want to see some proof of the Jessica Roy tweet before I start really lolling

Not exactly proof, but at least this shows that its not totally made up.

http://www.phoenixnewtimes.com/news/til-death-do-us-part-they-got-married-then-everything-changed-6433344

Da Mott Man
Aug 3, 2012

NoEyedSquareGuy posted:

Watching CNN right now and Miller responded to one of Jim Acosta's questions by saying it was "one of the most ridiculous, absurd, hurtful, nonsensical questions I've ever heard" or something like that, so he's one of those loving adjective guys on top of everything else wrong with him.

I love how the guys that are the quickest to toss "Liberal snowflake" in your face are the quickest to be offended about the stupidest made up poo poo possible. Everything they accuse everyone else of they themselves are doing/are.

Da Mott Man
Aug 3, 2012

Office Pig posted:

https://twitter.com/jmillerlewis/status/913808872397312001
So initially my response was "Of course they're going to do this in the budget, might as well try if they couldn't do it through an ACA repeal."

Then I reread it, and holy moly.

LOL large cuts to MEDI ~~CARE~~. Its like they are actively trying to piss off every group of people one at a time, looks like they ran out of libs to piss off so they are going after their boomer base. LOL just LOL.

Da Mott Man
Aug 3, 2012

Koalas March posted:

Oh boy, is someone really trying to defend white people's historical cruelty and colonialism itt?

To be honest historically I think it was European cruelty and colonialism. The Spanish and Portuguese practiced the same horrible policies of subjugation and enslavement in the middle centuries as European whites. Still doesn't excuse the terrorism practiced in the United States to anyone that isn't a WASP today.

Da Mott Man
Aug 3, 2012

Party Plane Jones posted:

I imagine the Navy is much the same way given the multitude of collisions at sea in the past year.

From what I've heard down the family grape vine is the Navy is actually ran rather well and most of the problems that we have seen lately have come from USPACOM somehow ending up as a hot bed of corruption. Other than that the Navy does a good job at promoting good officers and encouraging useful training in fields were a specific NCO seem to excel.

Da Mott Man
Aug 3, 2012

Bullfrog posted:

posting this again for the new page. It's a comprehensive explanation of the nov 4 thing and how it originated https://www.snopes.com/is-antifa-planning-a-civil-war/

related, have you picked out your november 4 glorious revolution outfits yet? im thinking of rocking this

call me mr. coup your country

This is me for the glorious revolution.

Da Mott Man
Aug 3, 2012

Ague Proof posted:

That's like predicting the sun will rise tomorrow. Or yesterday.

Gold.

Da Mott Man
Aug 3, 2012

Seems to only apply to running as a third party spoiler, not a write-in.

Da Mott Man
Aug 3, 2012

boner confessor posted:

twitter was founded on a radical free speech philosophy because you have to be a stemlord white guy to think that being able to say absolutely anything to anyone at anytime would have more positive than negative consequences

Problem is that twitter isn't even free speech, because it seems like people get randomly banned for almost nothing (Like Lowtax) and others like Gorillia Semen Drinker get to harass, threaten, and bully with no consequences.

Twitter is run by evil gerbils.

Da Mott Man
Aug 3, 2012

No Butt Stuff posted:

Would love to know how a governor blocks a federal electee from taking his seat.

Fail to certify the results of the election.

Da Mott Man
Aug 3, 2012

No Butt Stuff posted:

Seems like that could lead to an expensive lawsuit that the state would surely lose.

That would just keep it in the news longer. Anyway this goes is probably bad for the GOP.

Da Mott Man
Aug 3, 2012

HonorableTB posted:

When it comes to Wikileaks, I'm pretty disappointed at what it could have been (and what it started as) when you look at what it is now. In the early days they did some great work, especially with the Iraq War leaks and the diplomatic cable leaks. I really wish they hadn't been hijacked and transformed into a Putin controlled propaganda sewer. We need whistleblowers and Wikileaks looked like it was going to be something great but somewhere along the way it helped elect Donald loving Trump. Ugh.

When wikileaks first came out with some stuff I though was important for the public interest to know I was a supporter. But its clear now that something is very wrong with that organization and Assange. I would absolutely support another transparency spinoff that actually tried to show the abuses of governments and companies.

Da Mott Man
Aug 3, 2012

I'm gonna call person of the year to be... No one, just a blank white cover. 2017 is hell.

Da Mott Man
Aug 3, 2012

skylined! posted:

chuck grassley moves up one space in the 'biggest pieec of poo poo' bracket

https://twitter.com/DavidOAtkins/status/937423368109793280

Da Mott Man
Aug 3, 2012

PT6A posted:

There's a house involved somewhere down the chain, instead of literally nothing at all.

I would argue that it is just as bad or even possibly worse. With a CDO the value of the "assets" slice you buy might be lower then the value of the CDO itself. That would make them liabilities instead of assets.

btc is still worth absolutely nothing.

Da Mott Man
Aug 3, 2012

What the gently caress is this poo poo...

https://twitter.com/Greg_Palast/status/940437973983744002

I don't understand why all ballots aren't saved everywhere, this seems like a good way to steal an election.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Da Mott Man
Aug 3, 2012

VitalSigns posted:

Yeah it's a stumper all right

I phrased that wrong. Why aren't we forcing them to save ballots.

• Locked thread