Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Willo567
Feb 5, 2015

Cheating helped me fail the test and stay on the show.
Guys, after reading that transcript, I'm really worried about the result of a strike on North Korea

Please tell me we'll all be safe

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Willo567
Feb 5, 2015

GreyjoyBastard posted:

Edit: GODDAMMIT

Depends, are you South Korean or maybe Japanese?

(In which case the answer is still "probably")

No, but I am worried that China or Russia will condemn the strike, possibly leading to a war with either one of the two

Willo567
Feb 5, 2015

Fart City posted:

What possible strategic benefit is there to Trump preemptively striking North Korea? Assuming that he is in the pocket of Russia, and sees himself as being BFF with China after the chocolate cake accords, wouldn't a strike work counter to those interests? Russia and China would almost certainly condemn it. I mean, is this a case of Putin trying to mousetrap Trump, or what?

Trump is crazy. That's all there is to it

Willo567
Feb 5, 2015

Medieval Medic posted:

Death comes for us all.

I know you're just joking, but I'm being serious

Willo567
Feb 5, 2015

Krispy Kareem posted:

The serious answer is this should have been dealt with in the mid-90's and now everyone is pretty well hosed.

There's a narrow and precarious path to a peaceful resolution, but odds are not in Seoul's favor.

How does it look for Japan and the U.S.?

Willo567
Feb 5, 2015

Well, that's just great. We're all hosed, and the world is going to end in a nuclear hellfire

gently caress

Willo567
Feb 5, 2015

Koyaanisgoatse posted:

this gimmick is getting old

Really? Trump may launch a strike on North Korea? If that happens. what then?

Willo567
Feb 5, 2015

vaginadeathgrip posted:

This is what happens when you hope :(

Seriously, I just feel like giving up at this point

I'm sorry for my outburst about nuclear weapons earlier; it's just that I'm worried about the chain reaction a strike on them could cause, such as a war with China, or Russia (since they're trying to improve relationships with North Korea).

Willo567
Feb 5, 2015

spoon daddy posted:

Of course nothing matters

I know a few pages back I was freaking out about the nukes, but if this is seriously your attitude towards things, then get out of the country

You aren't making things better by bitching about how everything sucks, then doing nothing about it

Willo567
Feb 5, 2015

Can we please make it so that the death penalty applies to pieces of poo poo like that guy?

Willo567
Feb 5, 2015

Michael Scott posted:

What's wrong with saying this now? I'm betting it doesn't matter, does that make me a dick?

It's complacency

Willo567
Feb 5, 2015

botany posted:

hahaha drat that guy is openly hostile. i'm liking it

Why aren't more reporters like this?

Willo567
Feb 5, 2015

eyebeem posted:

Alright.

Sean just called Trump eloquent.

I think I'm done with the Universe for the day. I'm going to lay down and suck my thumb for a few hours.

How is that surprising at this point

Willo567
Feb 5, 2015

holy poo poo he raged quit

Willo567
Feb 5, 2015

Party Plane Jones posted:

So Wiegel responded to somebody about this Kathy Griffin thing that they refused to link:

https://twitter.com/TheAnonJournal/status/869618813289082880

Twitter is already abuzz with SO MUCH FOR THE TOLERANT LEFT

While I agree that Trump is a piece of poo poo, I'm worried that stuff like this will cause the Democrats to lose in 2020

Willo567
Feb 5, 2015

Fart Amplifier posted:

Trump's personal lawyer handling questions about investigations into other people is basically confirmation that Trump is actually involved.

Isn't his lawyer part of the investigations as well now?

Willo567
Feb 5, 2015

empty whippet box posted:

Good thing someone's here to protect donald trump's child as he tries to cut literally trillions of dollars from every service that helps children that exists, which would inevitably result in the deaths of countless children.

I guess I could have just said "I hope that the things Trump is trying to do to other people happens to him and his family instead"

Seriously gently caress Trump and everyone related to him by choice or by blood, I hope every bad thing they want for other people happens to them instead. It won't, so don't worry, you don't have to valiantly defend them. He'll grow up fabulously wealthy on the backs of you and everyone else, even though someone made a mean post on the internet!

He's loving eleven man

It's not his fault that Trump is his dad

Willo567
Feb 5, 2015

The Glumslinger posted:

Interesting story in the LA Times, about a democratic town hall in CA where a couple of Trumpers derailed the town hall, which was specifically focused on Trump's Immigration policies

http://www.latimes.com/politics/essential/la-pol-ca-essential-politics-updates-three-arrested-at-rep-lou-correa-1496250254-htmlstory.html

This makes me worried about 2020 more than anything

There seem to be a lot of democrats who believe that nothing matters. If this attitude continues, Trump will win, as republicans sure as hell are motivated

Then again, I worry way too loving much

Willo567
Feb 5, 2015

Going back to that video about the town hall meeting, this just makes me furious about our system

The GOP and Trump are dividing the country further and further, and they give no fucks. It's all about the money

None of them will admit that this division is wrong, because they're in their safe spaces. And people like Hannity only add fuel to this poo poo fest

loving assholes, the lot of them

Willo567
Feb 5, 2015

Thaddius the Large posted:

In a week where multiple people have been stabbed to death by Nazis, how about you go ahead and take this the gently caress seriously, goddamn.

People are taking it seriously. We've seen more and more people become involved in politics ever since the election, and as others stated, the Trump base is shrinking

Maybe you should chill. It's lovely that this kind of stuff is happening, but you have to do your best to help your country, and live one day at a time

Willo567
Feb 5, 2015

apokaladle posted:

Yeah, no, if the first responses are "lol fake" then those very people aren't taking things seriously. I'm so loving sick and tired of seeing people "chill" while this poo poo accelerates daily.

One person in the thread said it was a hoax.

I'm sorry about the chill comment. I only said that because it is hard not to be scared by this poo poo.

People should stand up for others when they're witnessing injustice; however, it's not something that we can stop.

Willo567
Feb 5, 2015

Seriously, the U.S. will not be recovering from exiting the climate deal

I don't see how we can recover

Willo567
Feb 5, 2015

Majorian posted:

"Recover" in what sense? Do you think this is going to somehow cripple the U.S. diplomatically, in a way that Trump's other bad decisions won't?

It shows that the U.S. can't be trusted as a leader anymore, and pretty much isolates us from the rest of the world.

Plus, with China urging the U.S. to stay in, what will happen when we go to war with North Korea? I'd believe that South Korea and Japan would be hesitant to help, let alone China

Willo567
Feb 5, 2015

Off topic, but are there any other good sites for political discussion?

Sometimes I have a bit of free time at work, so I go onto the political threads at Neogaf, but I feel as though they're a lot more hostile. Is it just me?

Willo567
Feb 5, 2015

Nazzadan posted:

Neogaf is even worse than these terrible forums.

I don't think you'll find a good fair place to talk about politics in a non-hostile place, at least I haven't found one.
Be it here, /int/, /pol/ neogaf, bodybuilding.com, mmo-c, like anywhere is going to have hostile shitbags on one side of the isle or both. It's just do you want your hostile shitbags to be red, blue or somewhere in the middle.

I don't know, most of the time it's pretty chill in this thread

Everyone is just angry all the time on Neogaf. People should be angry about Trump, but they have the most nihilistic attitude about it

Willo567
Feb 5, 2015

Seriously, why is Spicer still on this sinking ship?

Willo567
Feb 5, 2015

skylined! posted:

how the gently caress do you guys watch these press conferences

like, there's something supremely aggravating about watching a person in power lie so distinctly and so thoroughly without immediate repercussion

How isn't there a riot during these press conferences

Willo567
Feb 5, 2015

Is this actually going to mean anything in the long run?

Willo567
Feb 5, 2015

Florida Betty posted:

It doesn't necessarily have anything to do with the Qatar situation, but attacks like this are not at all common in Iran. This is a very big deal and people are justifiably concerned about it.

Edit: AFP is reporting ISIS is taking credit. That is definitely unexpected.

https://twitter.com/AFP/status/872380427671138304

This is going to lead to the Russian probe being stopped, isn't it

Willo567
Feb 5, 2015

Mustached Demon posted:

What a stupid take.

Sorry about the overreaction. I'm just worried that Trump will use this as a distraction

Willo567
Feb 5, 2015

Tir McDohl posted:

I agree with you, but this statement is meaningless if the law passes. People will die. Which is why we do everything we can now, but I still cannot give a gently caress about the perspectives of the dumbasses who support their party to the death

What if someone who voted for Trump did regret their decision, to the point where they switched to the democratic party? I know they understood who they were voting for, but it's something that I've thought about since the election ended

Willo567
Feb 5, 2015

Was this to be expected?

Willo567
Feb 5, 2015

So does this mean we're definitely going to war with Iran now

Willo567
Feb 5, 2015

Young Freud posted:

gently caress gently caress gently caress

al-Jazeera: Iran fires missiles at ISIL positions in eastern Syria

edit: just for your information, Kermanshah and Kurdestan are in Iran. These things crossed through Iraqi airspace and into Syria.

Is there a reason we're not talking about this more? I'd imagine it being a pretty big loving deal

Willo567
Feb 5, 2015

gently caress I'm nervous. If Karen wins, the Democrats will be demoralized as poo poo

Willo567
Feb 5, 2015

Burt Buckle posted:

Which president killed 12 million American Indians?

I'm sure it happened, just don't know as much history as I should and I'm curious.

Andrew Jackson

Willo567
Feb 5, 2015

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/877234140483121152

:tinfoil:

Willo567
Feb 5, 2015

Covok posted:

Saw it coming.

Thanks Covok!

Willo567
Feb 5, 2015

Leon Trotsky 2012 posted:

Dem voters that showed up for round one aren't bothering to show up for round two.

https://twitter.com/tbonier/status/877314013641801728

This is why the nothing matters crowd pisses me off. They bitch that everything is poo poo, but when given an opportunity to change that, they make no initiative

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Willo567
Feb 5, 2015

If I could side track for a bit, how do people in the thread deal with the poo poo show of a government we have now

Seriously, I can't get over it. It eats at my mind for most of the day, and I'm not sure if I can take it anymore

• Locked thread