Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

ToxicSlurpee posted:

That's really one of the fundamental problems with theological debates especially Christianity in general. So much of it just runs in circles until you get into "well God works in mysterious ways" types of answers. When you actually point out the logical conclusions of the arguments being made you just run into a wall of "nuh uh! God says I'm right so I'm right. Nyah."

All good things are caused by God. All bad things are caused by not God even the things I say are 100% always caused by God.

The most baffling thing this election cycle was leaders in the religious right saying they had "visions" of Trump at God's right hand. Like...seriously? I don't think you could find somebody further from the teachings of Jesus without digging up literal Nazis or actual serial killers.

Don't vaccinate your kids because if god didn't want you to have polio he wouldn't give it to you.

*Same God sends in Jonas Salk*

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

ReidRansom posted:

more like marital law, amirite fellas? everything's locked down. heyooo~

Maybe it was maritime law and only gold fringed people count.

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

TyrantWD posted:

Why waste the money? This ad buy is not even a drop in the bucket compared to the coverage the CBO score will get. Forget cable news and national newspapers, healthcare is going to be the lead story for every local news affiliate in every market in the country.

Don't ask why just laugh that the party of fiscal responsibility thought dropping 2mil defending a bill that'll cost billions of dollars in lost productivity down the line was a good idea.

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

theres a will theres moe posted:

Rapper is worse than terrorist

What if a rapper became a terrorist? Or perhaps a terrorist burned us all with sick rhymes instead bombs?

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

I really hope Hannity gets fired out of a cannon before long.

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

empty whippet box posted:

No I want him to suffer, a lot

Boy do I have a chemical for you!

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

FBS posted:

Congress has made it clear they aren't stupid enough to just rubber stamp the bullshit proposals the Trump admin comes up with. That makes me ask, why do Mulvaney et all keep coming up with comic book evil as policy which will never pass and only gets them very bad press? What's the strategy?

Shoot the moon, land close enough to murder say half a mil?

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

Does Comedy Central still give poo poo edgelord comedians TV shows in hopes to recapture the glory of Dave Chapelle?

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

Apoplexy posted:

I don't think anyone they've worked with even remotely qualifies as 'edgelord' since they canned Carlos Mencia and his poo poo show. They've actually been pretty good, even if they're too fickle and willing to can good shows relatively quickly. Aforementioned shows with Nikki Glaser and Anthony Jeselnik both only did 2 seasons, and were both fantastic. :( I think Larry Wilmore's show limped on for about that long, too, when the ratings and actual audience approval would've justified ending the run prematurely.

I stopped caring after they threw Tosh at us. He's certainly up there with Mencia in my opinion. gently caress Mencia was trash.

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

Boon posted:

Just want to say the Key & Peele, Broad City, and to a much lesser extent Reviewed are incredible CC shows that somehow you guys failed to mention.

Key & Peele is literally Chapelle 2.0 and they crushed it.

I don't have CC as part of my cable 'package' which is why I asked if they were still trying to catch lightning.

Seriously we have local channels, HGTV/food network, and the offbeat networks like them. Not even ESPN.

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

He's also a furry if his bunny suit is any indication.

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

The pope is not pleased.

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

Soylent Yellow posted:

"So I hear you won bigly in your electoral college. Guess what, so did I. Massive win. Yuuge win. Here, have a framed copy of the map. And that Jesus guy, wonderful guy, best guy ever, know him well. Totally unfair what they did to him, almost as persecuted as me. That Judas Iscariot guy? Terrible guy, total loser. I have one too, his name's Comey."

"Oh that's nice. I actually won the popular vote." - The Pope.

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

I'd imagine those organizations in particular get extra pissy when political hacks try and partisan them up.

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

Yesterday (or Monday whatever) there was some stories that alluded to senator turtle McFuckerson knowing about Russia trying to sway the election. I'm purely spit balling due to being up all night but perhaps that's why he was so adamant about not letting Garland even have a hearing. The piece of poo poo knew the fix was in.

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

Supremezero posted:

Which apparently was somehow not a red flag for anyone.

Well yeah they had a SCOTUS seat to steal and a government to run into the ground.

Thankfully they overestimated their ability to control the bumbling idiots that make up the WH.

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

Drone posted:

Almost certainly it's confidential info, but the severity of revealing something like that depends very much on exactly what kind of subs they are.

Edit: reading the article and the language Trump used, it sounds like he heavily implied that they were the kind you very, very, very much don't want others to know the location of. Probably just guided missile subs though -- still not something you admit to if you can help it, but they're regularly in port in South Korea anyway.

gently caress it full conspiracy mode since I'm there already: you bet your sweet rear end they were the those subs. The ones with the big badaboom.

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

VitalSigns posted:

More likely he just expected Trump to lose but figured leaving that seat open to rile up the evangelicals and burying the Russian interference story would preserve the GOP congressional majorities. And no one would bother looking into who knew what about Russia when after Trump lost like everyone was expecting him to.

I bet they were all ready to go investigate 'voter fraud' and Clinton rigging the election, who cares about Russian influence Trump lost anyway move on.

This is probably​ the more logical conclusion.

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

Wonder if even he was like "no gently caress off."

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

CommieGIR posted:

NRA has come out and blamed the Manchester bombing on Gender-Bending and Gun Control.

These arrogant fucks.

They only care about gun sales. Nothing else.

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

They probably didn't tip either.

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

Zil posted:

Especially in Montana. Lots of guns there, most likely out number people.

Lots of sheep loving too.

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

They wouldn't call it BIG SKY BREWING if they didn't have mountains.

Moose Drools good beer.

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

DC Murderverse posted:

gently caress that sheriff for just charging him with a misdemeanor, if we teach rich people and politicians that they can assault journalists and get off just having to pay $500, we're gonna see a lot more journalists getting hit.

and double gently caress his campaign's bullshit statement. I'd really love for the police to release the statement he/his lawyer made to them, because I bet his story changed remarkably between the two statements.

Convince twelve people dumb enough to get on that jury to hit a felony.

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

Al Borland Corp. posted:

Yeah I wish one foreign leader wouldn't take his poo poo

Maybe one will body slam him through a table.

There any body builder leaders?

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

Lote posted:

Jesse Ventura

Arnold

The Rock wins in 2020 and gives Trump the People's Elbow during the inauguration.

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

highme posted:

war eagle

go vandals

Edit: These cop killer hate crime laws seem redundant in my opinion. Murder a law enforcement agent and you're getting every resource the agency has to throw your rear end in prison for ever as is.

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

Uglycat posted:

It's a reaction to the realization by the far-left antifa types that ICE are literal gestapo nazis.

Yeah the suing part makes perfect sense from the perspective of that little elf and his nazi pals.

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

mcmagic posted:

Were they? You think a guy could commit an assault and then get elected to congress the next day in the 60s or 70s?

Good god you suck.

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

Ekster posted:

Looks like a random JRPG mob.

Texas gives out a repeatable quest to collect boar asses.

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

I was the poster with the most posts in the last one, just edging out Covok.

My most shameful lifes accomplishment :smith:

You won no shame.

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

First senator I ever met had a wide stance.

The other is a Mormon with a bad habit of driving drunk.

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

Mr. Fowl posted:

If they're gonna do this, might as well go full-on GOP-controlled House during the Obama years and pass every pie-in-the-sky act they can think of--but instead of repealing the ACA a countless times, they pass every progressive thing they can think of. $15 minimum wage, sure--then single payer, then (again, all purely symbolic) sweeping healthcare reform that would bring down costs and why not throw in free public college too? It'll at least get people excited for 2020--assuming they win in 2018. If they don't have to worry about it getting signed into law, they don't have to worry about actually agreeing on it.

Maybe she actually bought into doing something good? Did you negativity fueled asshats think of that?

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

Thaddius the Large posted:

Interesting, what was Larry Craig like in person?

I was in high school so it wasn't anything deep. He was really well spoken and seemed like a decent person. That could have been the turd next to bucket of diarrhea effect since Crapo was there too. He was a tea party fuckwad before there was a tea party.

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

rscott posted:

Real talk how much better is $15 in 2024 or whenever the tiered increase schedule is gonna be than 7.25 right now? Clearly better than not raising it all but not nearly as effective as starting it in 2013 when Democrats thought $10/hr was good enough. Hopefully the final bill when the Democrats take the house has a provision to index to inflation at the very least

Geez learn to take a win.

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

Republicans need to call it what it is: radical right wing terrorism.

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

Owlofcreamcheese posted:

It seemed really obvious even at the time that "online communities" for trump were largely manufactured astroturfing. Both really astroturfing where like russian chat bots were literally spamming twitter. But also that weird internet age phenomenon where a small number of people can dominate a forum in an organized and outsized way by seeming like a lot of people in a way where they aren't paid by anyone so it's weird to call it astroturfing but it's also a manufactured fake thing.

I'm actually a Chinese bot thank you.

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

Zwabu posted:

I didn't hear this interview. I see the part where McMasters is sacrificing his reputation and credibility. I fail to see how it in any way helps the country or does anything but enable Trump.

Stability, even under the Cheeto Nazi, is preferable to the chaos of purging the government of traitors. At least I think that's his angle. He's full of poo poo obviously.

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

Thomas Midley Jr was the single most toxic organism ever to exist on this planet. Ever. All time. He's only out gunned by oceans full of anoxic bacteria and Russians.

Mustached Demon fucked around with this message at 20:48 on May 27, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

Apoplexy posted:

The biggest question I have is how Pence can possibly think the way he does and not KNOW, WITH COMPLETE CERTAINTY, that he will be loving burning in Hell once he dies. Assuming it's not ALL an act and he's just this bizarre amoral pragmatic atheist or something. I mean, if he believes in God, and in anything from the Bible, he should know full well he's actually evil, right? Am I thinking too much on the morality of the outright villainous?

He believes his version of the Bible makes him just and in the right. So does ISIS if you want to extend that.

• Locked thread