Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Apoplexy
Mar 9, 2003

by Shine

Dmitri-9 posted:

Does anyone have the animated gif of Mitch McSeaturtle making his way to the ocean?

You caught me at a very strange time in my life. Spawning season.

http://i.imgur.com/5alp022.gifv

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Apoplexy
Mar 9, 2003

by Shine
He's literally the dumbest, most hateful person ever to live, isn't he

Apoplexy
Mar 9, 2003

by Shine
It's funny because I was actually meaning to reply with the Hannity tweet quoted, but, drat, it's kinda astounding how one political party in this country has so many loving assholes that statement can apply to in it.

Apoplexy
Mar 9, 2003

by Shine

Chimp_On_Stilts posted:

NYTimes is reporting that the administration's proposed budget would kill a million people and orphan 300,000 children due to the massive cuts in health spending.

I don't even have a comment for something so grotesque.

https://mobile.nytimes.com/2017/05/23/world/africa/cuts-to-aids-treatment-programs-could-cost-a-million-lives.html

When you're able to parse out the literal translation of human misery and death to financial gain like that in the New York Times, the Paper of Record... Jesus Christ. That budget better be hung around their necks for the midterms.

Apoplexy
Mar 9, 2003

by Shine

vaginite posted:

I just watched Problematic with Moshe Kashner on Comedy Central. It had Anne Coulter and Lucian Wintrich, who spouted off their usual crackpot bullshit about mainstream media and its unfair crucification of Trump via The Liberal Bias. This is stupid, its playing right into the Fox News style.

Moshie Koshie may own, but his show sucks. It's Kasher, by the way, not Kashner. Probably just a typo on your part than not knowing his name, I imagine, with the amount of times we have to type Kushner nowadays.

Conspiracy time! Jimmy Norton used to be one of the hosts of Opie & Anthony, the show Trump and his spawnlings have been on enough times that it's where a lot of his 'from his interview in year 20XX on A RADIO SHOW...' quotes were sourced from. Jim Norton talks frequently of his childhood habits that involved urination. I would suggest that Trump enjoyed hearing the stories of Jim Norton having his mouth peed in/sniffing the soiled underroos of his schoolmates, and that was his primary motivation for appearing on the show.

Apoplexy
Mar 9, 2003

by Shine

vaginite posted:

Comedy Central does like money. They are trying to ride a non-existent sjw wave, or trying to recapture the magic that was the Daily Show (with Jon Stewart ofc).

I haven't seen Kasher's stand up (and can't even spell his name right) so I can't comment on him being hack, but Jim Jefferies is gd hilarious. That being said his show will probably suck.

I would sell my soul to have Jon Stewart and Colbert back for the Trump presidency. It would really make it worth it.

Moshe Kasher's got a weird stand-up style, because he talks a lot about his past. I'm forgetting some things, but the big points are: Orthodox Jewish parents who were deaf. Big into drugs and got clean at like loving 14 or something like that, so it's like with Jim Norton where it's obvious the wheels came off very early and cleaning up at that age meant that they weren't going to make it to loving 18 without severe interventions. Things like that lend themselves to making a hilarious person.

Jim Jefferies owns and his previous show, Legit, was fantastic. So he has showrunning experience and all, I don't see how he can gently caress it up unless Comedy Central puts too many creative restrictions on him. It seems like half the comedians they give shows to they try to force into the same format Jeselnik Offensive and Not Safe with Nikki Glaser were. To the same failed outcomes.

Apoplexy
Mar 9, 2003

by Shine

"I'm tweeting about the pope, how's about I mention myself twice and him once. That a good ratio of me:him?"

"Sir, I'm just the gardener. And could you please pay me already; you've already rendered $12,000 in services."

"THE CHECK'S IN THE MAIL. THE BEST MAIL. IT HAS A GOLD LETTERHEAD."

Apoplexy
Mar 9, 2003

by Shine

Mustached Demon posted:

Does Comedy Central still give poo poo edgelord comedians TV shows in hopes to recapture the glory of Dave Chapelle?

I don't think anyone they've worked with even remotely qualifies as 'edgelord' since they canned Carlos Mencia and his poo poo show. They've actually been pretty good, even if they're too fickle and willing to can good shows relatively quickly. Aforementioned shows with Nikki Glaser and Anthony Jeselnik both only did 2 seasons, and were both fantastic. :( I think Larry Wilmore's show limped on for about that long, too, when the ratings and actual audience approval would've justified ending the run prematurely.

Apoplexy
Mar 9, 2003

by Shine
Tosh's stand-up is top-tier quality, though. Mencia has always been a hack, long before he was publicly outed as a material thief, and his show was just a rip-off of Chappelle's Show. Tosh.0 is just lazy and cheap. And a pretty remarkable hit because of his charisma. It's rare that anyone, especially the idiots at CC, stumble upon a cheap show that is popular.

Apoplexy
Mar 9, 2003

by Shine
drat, someone in the tweet thread beat me to the punch. Trump's all excited and both Melania and Francis are like 'I wish this guy were loving dead.'

Apoplexy
Mar 9, 2003

by Shine
White House Pool Report - Vatican
"POTUS told The Pope it's "a very great honor."
The Pope did not say anything. He did not smile. He looked at pool several times. We were quickly ushered out at 8:33a.m.

Apoplexy
Mar 9, 2003

by Shine

Inferior Third Season posted:

Seriously, why are the Trumps dressed like they're going to a funeral when meeting the pope? Is it because of the Manchester attack? If so, that is really weird.

No. They think it's somehow respectful even though that custom has been done away with for a long time. Do you think Pope Francis, the most humble pontiff imaginable, cares if they dress as though their whole family just died in a big Sept-destroying wildfire explosion in King's Landing?

Apoplexy
Mar 9, 2003

by Shine

Bhaal posted:

In those photos the pope has the same demeanor dogs get when they instinctively know a human near them is abusive and evil.

Trump's never had a dog in his life. I think they likely couldn't find a dog that would tolerate him. Like, one of those pitbulls that survived Michael Vick would even go 'nuh-uh, last guy tried to drown me and starved me and beat me and poo poo but THIS GUY IS hosed UP'

Apoplexy
Mar 9, 2003

by Shine

Mustached Demon posted:

"Oh that's nice. I actually won the popular vote." - The Pope.

Apoplexy
Mar 9, 2003

by Shine

Boon posted:

Phil Mudd (former CIA counterterrorism) on CNN: "Trey Gowdy oughtta have his rear end kicked"

Aren't the agents in the intelligence community fairly defensive about their community and institutions? And Gowdy had the retarded gall to ask IS THE CIA *GOOD* AT ITS JOB?

Apoplexy
Mar 9, 2003

by Shine
Ah, it was over the evidence/intelligence distinction. I was thinking he would've cared more about the obnoxiously insulting dismissal of the CIA.

Apoplexy
Mar 9, 2003

by Shine

Party Plane Jones posted:

Just when you thought you'd heard the last from Milo:
"Oh, Milo, you think you can troll again? You're never going to get any biters this ti--"
MOTHER FUCKER. HOW DOES HE DO IT EVERY SINGLE TIME. Hopefully he gets his wish and is crucified by outraged: Terror victims/Muslims/Ariana Grande fans/Ariana Grande herself

Apoplexy
Mar 9, 2003

by Shine

Chilichimp posted:

I can't believe Comey has any further contact with this person. This seems so scummy.

Dude, chill. There's a high likelihood that this is THE GUY (or one of THE PEOPLE) Comey chose to share the most secret non-classified stuff with ON THE EXPECTATION THAT HE COULD SAY IT PUBLICLY WHEN COMEY CAN'T. Look at the guy's career and record, he's unimpeachable. Nobody can slander him and say he's making up Comey poo poo. That's why he's the guy telling the public what they need to know, without breaking the law.

Apoplexy
Mar 9, 2003

by Shine

JAY ZERO SUM GAME posted:

She and Barron are moving in June, supposedly.

She's gotta otherwise be loving having their home to themselves.

I know one person praying that the whole 'Trump as President' catastrophe sorts itself out, and quick! :wink:

Apoplexy
Mar 9, 2003

by Shine

Gorilla Salad posted:

drat, I've finally realised who this guy reminds me of - Senator Kelly from the first X-Men movie right before he turns into water.

And yet, somehow, Senator Kelly still comes across as less moist.

I forget if it was this thread or the last thread or one of the other threads, but I still love this picture:

http://i.imgur.com/5alp022.gifv

Apoplexy
Mar 9, 2003

by Shine
https://twitter.com/aliasvaughn/status/867337255911923712
https://twitter.com/aliasvaughn/status/867338264935616512
https://twitter.com/aliasvaughn/status/867338614337875968
https://twitter.com/aliasvaughn/status/867339076973862914
https://twitter.com/aliasvaughn/status/867339587248680961
https://twitter.com/aliasvaughn/status/867340604581306368
https://twitter.com/aliasvaughn/status/867340900552376322

Apoplexy
Mar 9, 2003

by Shine

Gorilla Salad posted:

I kninda wonder if some IC people took him aside and just showed him all the poo poo they had on the administration and the GOP and gave him the option of either being part of the solution or being the guy who went down in history as being the patsy for the covering up widespread light treason.

Dumb question, more of a 'hey, guys, what's everyone's take on...' than anything:

If collaborating with a foreign state to undermine an election and place a puppet in power in the highest office in the land is light treason, what ISN'T? I would argue that Trump has caused more damage than, say, someone who infiltrated the Army in order to get access and then turning around and mowing down an entire Army base full of personnel. Which is probably what we'd say high treason is.

Apoplexy
Mar 9, 2003

by Shine

axeil posted:

It has a $2 trillion math mistake.

On purpose.

So yes, it is a poo poo bucket.

7.5 trillion, actually! :toot:

edit: Beaten, but it's worth reiterating: 7.5 TRILLION. These guys are unimaginable crooks.

Apoplexy
Mar 9, 2003

by Shine

boner confessor posted:

to be fair, the end goal of this is not to break up teachers unions

the end goal of this is to reintroduce religious education and indoctrination into american schools

devos is a christian dominionist

To be fair, I don't think she'd be upset if Republicans got their way and just completely abolished the concept of free public education.

Apoplexy
Mar 9, 2003

by Shine
On the opposite note of Baptist Anime: Far Cry 5 info is coming out and it looks like the game is not only going to loving own, but be about killing white Christian supremacists in Montana. What're the odds the MAGA chuds are out in full force already, complaining about how it's not Muslims you're shooting and that LIBTARDS ARE RUINING ARE GAMES?

Apoplexy
Mar 9, 2003

by Shine

Pander posted:

e: I loved FC3 but held off on FC4 because I'd JUST played FC3 and wasn't jonesing for more of it. Now I'm jonesing for more of that so FC5 is definitely on buy list

I loved FC3. Was a great game when it came out. Still kinda is. That said, FC4 is seriously an improvement upon it in every way, with the most major one being plot. It's easily one of my favorite games from the last 5 years. I cannot recommend it enough.

Apoplexy
Mar 9, 2003

by Shine

RiggenBlaque posted:

It's going to be a fun game but all the people who are excited about the plot of 5 are totally forgetting how awful and heavy handed the plots from 3 and 4 were

Don't you rag on 4. 3 was pretty awful, but 4 had some great characters and moral bleakness that should permeate any civil war setting. Game spoilers: The Bad Guy had a totally good reason for starting being bad. The Good Guys are following the footsteps of a baby-murdering rear end in a top hat. The 'Good' Good Guy is a religious nutcase who consigns his neice (I forget if Sabal and the girl whose name I can't remember are related) to religious forced child marriage if he wins. The 'Grey' Good Guy Who's A Gal is a loving psycho who literally conscripts children to continue fighting their civil war while turning Kyrat into a narco-state.

Apoplexy
Mar 9, 2003

by Shine

Mummy Xzibit posted:

Sean Spicer's continuing total humiliation is the only thing that makes me smile some days.

I almost feel bad for him, but then I remember that he's Joseph Goebbels.

Apoplexy
Mar 9, 2003

by Shine

Moatman posted:

Don't get me wrong, I like 4, but the plot was pretty heavy handed.
Pagan was a Good Villain though

Pagan was the best villain because he'll literally seat you at a dinner table, explain the history of your family, and then take you out shootin' some FUCKIN' GUNZ if you stay put at the beginning.

Apoplexy
Mar 9, 2003

by Shine

WHAT THE gently caress IS THAT THING

Apoplexy
Mar 9, 2003

by Shine
On CoD Infinity, the bad guys were simply Mars Separatists. Real jerks for no reason. Led by Space Nazi Jon Snow. Was really a good loving campaign.

Apoplexy
Mar 9, 2003

by Shine

Angry_Ed posted:

If that's what he wanted he shouldn't have made the antagonist of FC4 a dictator who gleefully talks about murdering people's families to force compliance and is holding a 20+ year-old grudge and making bullshit Freudian excuses for his behavior wherin he holds an entire country responsible for the actions of one person (which is also his fault because he's the one who abused that person's trust to take over the country in the first place). Instead it just becomes "wow turns out everyone is bad but if you get the special ending then I guess you, the person with no experience running a country, will make things ok somehow!"

It's a video game, ANGRY Ed.

Apoplexy
Mar 9, 2003

by Shine

Angry_Ed posted:

It's a video game, Apopolexy :jerkbag:

I am literally apoplectic with rage at your quoting of me earlier in this thread as a response.

Apoplexy
Mar 9, 2003

by Shine

fsif posted:

It should go without saying, but this is class warfare.

No, this is democide.

Apoplexy
Mar 9, 2003

by Shine

RZA Encryption posted:

Remember that woman that tried to run her rep off the road?

There's going to be more of those stories.

She has a legitimate argument now that that was self-defense.

Apoplexy
Mar 9, 2003

by Shine
Holy poo poo Gianforte couldn't have held off for one loving day? One more 24-hour period and he'd have been able to get away with it without consequences, at least if he managed to win. Jesus Christ. Republicans truly are imploding.

Apoplexy
Mar 9, 2003

by Shine

Boris Galerkin posted:

It's an honorary thing. People refer to President Bush, President Clinton, etc still as well. I would bet my life that there are no educated* non-comatosed** Germans that still think Obama is the president of the US.

*, **: I had to give myself an out you know.

I'm gonna go out on a limb here and say that every German who still thinks Obama is POTUS is happier than every single person alive who knows that Trump is actually POTUS.

Apoplexy
Mar 9, 2003

by Shine

2nd Rate Poster posted:

Ah yes, the well respected bitch had it coming defense.

This country is doomed.

Does anyone see a release valve for the poisoned level of discourse in this country?

The best way I can see out of this is that the accelerationists are right.

Rend this country asunder with a great continental quake. Only thing I can think of that could even theoretically push things in the right direction. We're all going to loving die the second the frothing fascist right tips and starts targeted murder en masse of everyone they know to not be One Of Them. They can't take on the military, even with their great underground vaults and gun closets that they can't even close the door to any longer. They CAN kill innocent neighbors and shoot up college campuses and bomb women's health clinics, though.

Apoplexy
Mar 9, 2003

by Shine

RuanGacho posted:

They aren't capable if they don't run the government.

It is time for the egalitarian renaissance.

I added a little bit after I first posted, but basically I don't think the fascists are going to even give two shits about the government; the government of Trumpistan collapsing will be their pretext to going full Rwanda, though, and they'll just go door-to-door killing LIBTARDS they know from Facebook.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Apoplexy
Mar 9, 2003

by Shine

Heck Yes! Loam! posted:

You don't think it hasn't gotten this bad before? We've come back from worse, and we will again. It just takes time and reasonable people engaging with each other.

There is absolutely no way any time prior to this has been as bad as this. 20% of the country is heavily-armed, psychotic, and willing to go to full-scale genocidal civil war on a moment's notice.

• Locked thread