Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
nerdz
Oct 12, 2004

Complex, statistically improbable things are by their nature more difficult to explain than simple, statistically probable things.
Grimey Drawer

Oxxidation posted:

People post their ages, and these forums have had a stagnant userbase for years. I wouldn't be surprised if the number of actual teenagers still on here is in the double digits.

Granted, Covok is 24 and he's a hysterical dipshit, so your statement isn't totally without credence.

It wouldn't actually be hard to figure out the average age on these forums, or at least get an approximate estimate of it.

Go through all user's profiles and get their reg dates, assuming they were 18 or over when they registered.

If we go to user 100k, they are from 2006. User 150k is from 2009. The rest, 70k users are after that. So almost 2/3s of the forums users have been here for more than 10 years, either over 30 or pushing 30.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

nerdz
Oct 12, 2004

Complex, statistically improbable things are by their nature more difficult to explain than simple, statistically probable things.
Grimey Drawer
This actually made me sad:

Trump supporter with the standard bio and the gofundme page for his 8 year old daughter's cancer treatment. This is our future, right?

nerdz
Oct 12, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Liu posted:

"sorry baby girl, you have to die because daddy just loves annoying liberals too much, maga"

You're joking but this is exactly how he says it in the gofundme description:

quote:

My daughter Nicky is 8 years old and she has been battling sarcoma cancer for over a year now. She loves art, dancing, learning new things, and making new friends. Nicky is trying to stay positive after having doctors remove a very large tumor on her arm, but now needs to have a second surgery to remove a new tumor. Please help Nicky get the surgery she needs. Thank you!

To help Nicky, donate here.
#TrumpTrain #MAGA

nerdz
Oct 12, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Carrier is going to fire everyone anyway:

http://www.syracuse.com/business-news/index.ssf/2017/05/carrier_corp_layoffs_plant_trump.html

nerdz
Oct 12, 2004

Grimey Drawer
pretty sure that the context there was that trump would be an easy win

lol

nerdz
Oct 12, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Sloober posted:

I can't wait for wisconsin avenue to be a gravel road because they cant afford to maintain it.

nerdz
Oct 12, 2004

Grimey Drawer
I don't know if it's because of the current time, but all of these last few tweets with damning news have like zero trump supporters in them. It really feels like his online support is getting tired and dying down. it really is a lot easier to attack than to defend.

it's either that or they're secluding themselves in echo chambers, much like liberals did during the Obama years.

nerdz
Oct 12, 2004

Grimey Drawer
"In my opinion[...] it's very possible that[...]"

drat, that is a very soft tone for trump.

When is he going to start using "I'm not an analyst but..."?

Of course this is all because he's tired. After an extended weekend of golfing he'll be back to his bullshit.

nerdz
Oct 12, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Party Plane Jones posted:

https://twitter.com/AP/status/868863456275034117

Enjoy your 20 hour flights trapped using the in-flight entertainment.

Jesus, it's time for Microsoft to go all in on surface tablets. I only travel with mine and they won't be banned under this possible lovely ban.

nerdz
Oct 12, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Rigel posted:

oh, poo poo. Luke Skywalker's not a fan of Trump

https://twitter.com/HamillHimself/status/869290423369453569

Lol, what the hell is this supposed to mean?

https://twitter.com/MeghanMcCain/status/869291067157479424

It kinda looks like she's defending trump here, which is hilarious.

nerdz
Oct 12, 2004

Grimey Drawer

RevKrule posted:

This is the reference

quote:

Is having daughters the ultimate cuckoldry?

I cannot think or comprehend of anything more cucked than having a daughter. Honestly, think about it rationally. You are feeding, clothing, raising and rearing a girl for at least 18 years solely so she can go and support the man who publicly disparaged you. All the hard work you put into your beautiful little girl - reading her stories at bedtime, making her go to sports practice, making sure she had a healthy diet, educating her, playing with her. All of it has one simple result: She will openly shill for Donald Trump. I find this to be very concerning, if true.

As a man who has a daughter, you are LITERALLY dedicating at least 20 years of your life simply to raise a girl for another man to enjoy. It is the ULTIMATE AND FINAL cuck. Think about it logically

nerdz
Oct 12, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Party Plane Jones posted:

The big thing is that Kushner is in meeting with Trump for 5 loving hours a day.

He's the president, isnt he?

nerdz
Oct 12, 2004

Grimey Drawer
I don't remember where I read but, but apparently Trump likes Kushner because he just takes all verbal abuse Trump throws at him, when venting frustration.

nerdz
Oct 12, 2004

Grimey Drawer

androo posted:

FYI candidate Zuckerberg isn't gonna be a thing because he's wildly uncharismatic and billions of dollars doesn't seem to be helping with that. Stop talking about candidate Zuck like that poo poo is happening.

Seriously I watched a random 30 seconds of that speech and he's hilariously awkward. Jesse Eisenberg Zuck could maybe pull it off, but real-life Zuck is like a pale thumb with wet eyes that looks constantly scared.

http://www.somethingawful.com/news/gentle-creature-zuckerberg/

nerdz
Oct 12, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Paradoxish posted:

Yeah, as I posted that I just realized it's only a single source. This being bullshit makes a lot more sense than KSA literally making a supervillain ultimatum, but then again it's 2017 and Donald Trump is president so I'm not even 100% sure this is reality anymore.

Reality was arrested, try to keep up

nerdz
Oct 12, 2004

Grimey Drawer
once the US gets a new flag will it be legal to gently caress the old one

nerdz
Oct 12, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Sessions starting with the lost grandpa defense again

nerdz
Oct 12, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Yeah, the main takeaway of this shooting is justification for skipping town halls.

nerdz
Oct 12, 2004

Grimey Drawer
So, I assume NBC isnt completely stupid regarding the Alex Jones case here. Isn't he liable to breaches of contract and other stuff? That could hit him hard enough to shut him up forever.

Win Win situation right here if so

nerdz
Oct 12, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Gonna ask again: Isn't Jones liable to heavy lawsuits for leaking this stuff? NBC is pretty drat stupid if he can get away with this scot free, the man who apologized to yogurt.

nerdz
Oct 12, 2004

Grimey Drawer
I love the stooge on the right of the camera

nerdz
Oct 12, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Wait, cuban americans want this???

nerdz
Oct 12, 2004

Grimey Drawer
safeguarding cuban boats and building a wall? ok

nerdz
Oct 12, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Fart City posted:

No Trump hotels in Cuba, ergo

This move hurts his hotel competitors real bad, actually. Marriott in particular

nerdz
Oct 12, 2004

Grimey Drawer
lol look at lil marco all happy

nerdz
Oct 12, 2004

Grimey Drawer

buglord posted:

From a few pages back but did we figure out if this was real or not? I can't wrap my head around this idiocy even in this post election world.

This is A/B testing taken to unreasonable and possibly illogical extremes. It gets the clicks, but what is the result?

nerdz
Oct 12, 2004

Grimey Drawer

HannibalBarca posted:

Karen Handel leads by 2.8 percentage points over Jon Ossoff with less than 1 percent of precincts reporting

goodbye everyone

it's over

nerdz
Oct 12, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Let me understand here:

so if Ossoff wins, Trump is impeached and Bernie takes over, is that it?

nerdz
Oct 12, 2004

Grimey Drawer

no loving way this exists

nerdz
Oct 12, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Good Soldier Svejk posted:

He gained 1k followers since you posted. Dude's gonna be a rockstar if he plays this right.

Hoping for a transcript here.

nerdz
Oct 12, 2004

Grimey Drawer

evilweasel posted:

he's using a forgery of Time's newspaper with their giant trademark in commerce and deliberately holding it out as real to the public

it's one thing if you or I have a fake time cover in our house, it's another for a businessman to be using a fake in multiple businesses that are branded based on his name

It's like stolen valor.

"Sir, can you tell me the name of your article editor and writer?"

nerdz
Oct 12, 2004

Grimey Drawer

farraday posted:

Angus King has been doing a really solid job as an interviewee and in the Intelligence Hearings. That's a really valuable (I) next to his name, but does anyone know where he stands on single payer?

Why this dude's name sounds like a combo meal

nerdz
Oct 12, 2004

Grimey Drawer

mcmagic posted:

Why would you want Trump off twitter? He's only doing himself damage with his tweets.

Imagine how mad he would get about a 24h ban though. It would be worth not allowing him to self sabotage for a day.

nerdz
Oct 12, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Optics? What is that?

Democrats have hired Raffi Krikorian, a former Uber exec, as their chief technology officer

https://www.recode.net/2017/6/28/15886560/democrats-raffi-krikorian-chief-technology-officer-dnc

nerdz
Oct 12, 2004

Grimey Drawer

skylined! posted:

we are all so very broken, you see

this seems like a good thing

https://twitter.com/jdawsey1/status/882964849189425153

quote:

In Trump’s White House, Everything’s Coming in ‘Two Weeks’
By Toluse Olorunnipa
June 6, 2017, 5:00 AM GMT-3
The president has a penchant for making and missing deadlines
Tax and infrastructure plans are taking longer than promised

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2017-06-06/in-trump-s-white-house-everything-s-coming-in-two-weeks

nerdz
Oct 12, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

Barron is the leaker.

nerdz
Oct 12, 2004

Grimey Drawer

lol ted cruz

nerdz
Oct 12, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Did Trump Jr. just admit to Russia Government's support of Trump?

nerdz
Oct 12, 2004

Grimey Drawer

This right here was a really stupid move, because whatever appears on CNN, NYT and other places can be readily dismissed by Trump's base, but by posting it himself he just made it all unquestionable truth to both sides.

Now he posted the thing, completely removing any shadow of doubt that it's real and NYT can make the article even more damning and with data that has already been verified by Jr. himself.

nerdz fucked around with this message at 17:13 on Jul 11, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

nerdz
Oct 12, 2004

Grimey Drawer

AsInHowe posted:

In all my interactions with her, Meghan seemed to be a nice girl who is conscripted from birth into the Republican party.

I remember a lot of times in the 2008 campaign when it was in Michigan, where she was treated poorly due to her figure.

I'm having trouble figuring out how or why anyone would have a problem with her figure (unless they were extremely envious women)

• Locked thread