Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ditty bout my clitty
May 28, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

Waffle House posted:

No Madcat. 0/10

The madcat is a poor man's marauder anyway.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ditty bout my clitty
May 28, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe
And I base this solely on aesthetics.

ditty bout my clitty
May 28, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

Raged posted:

Are they still aiming for the original release date of the full game?

Wasn't that months ago?

ditty bout my clitty
May 28, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

vorebane posted:

An apartment for a cockpit is ideal for extended missions. Plus you can invite your girlfriend along!

Then you can have a cockpit in your cockpit! I'm so sorry

If I can't smoke while pooping in my cockpit, I'm not getting in.

ditty bout my clitty
May 28, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

Phrosphor posted:

They even have some of the original MechCommander voice actors working in the studio!

THIS IS ROOSTER

ditty bout my clitty
May 28, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

Internet Explorer posted:

4^3=64, XCOM 3 is going to be an N64 exclusive, you heard it first here folks

It would be awesome to find out how that would work

ditty bout my clitty
May 28, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

Psycho Landlord posted:

Hey have you pointed out that the Book of Revelation obviously only has FOUR Horsemen in order to cash in on XCOM?

It has six with squad size upgrades

ditty bout my clitty
May 28, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

Zaodai posted:

I personally don't like the diminishing returns by weight class thing, but that's because I'm against welfare handouts for lights and 50% of your shots just not hitting regardless of how well you've set yourself up to shoot it is irritating. But again, I'll just keep the mandatory sensor lock guy and ignore the mechanic. Get hosed, light mech.

gently caress you got mass

ditty bout my clitty
May 28, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

Here have a real marauder

ditty bout my clitty
May 28, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

Great Beer posted:

This looks awful. Why is everything so lanky and awkward looking?

:catstare:

ditty bout my clitty
May 28, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

Strobe posted:

The Unseen Marauder sucks. :colbert:

:catstare:

ditty bout my clitty
May 28, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe
Bunch of nova-lovers ITT

ditty bout my clitty
May 28, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

Captain Foo posted:

Clan ER lasers are real good

Yeah I know, I was referencing the "no-frills" and "practical" design in this game of giant robots punching and kicking eachother

ditty bout my clitty
May 28, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

Cyrano4747 posted:

Yeah, I've put in about 10 hours and I'm not going past that minus a major patch or multiplayer. The base game is cool, but beyond even boredom I don't want to burn out on it.

Meanwhile I"ve played two MC2 campaigns to completion because it put me in the mood\.

I finally played the MC expansion. It was pretty meh, and the turkina looked like rear end

ditty bout my clitty
May 28, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

Cyrano4747 posted:

Hit up the MC2:Omnitech fan made campaigns. There are a few really good ones. Exodus and the remake of the MW2:Mercs campaign are both standouts.

Good idea, thanks!

ditty bout my clitty
May 28, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

Skoll posted:

I'm seriously contemplating contacting HG and asking if I can contribute to their legal fund just to cause the HBS discord grogs mass aneurysms.

I'm sorry that you aren't getting enough attention

ditty bout my clitty
May 28, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe
Maybe an exercise routine might help? Some light lipo?

ditty bout my clitty
May 28, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

Skoll posted:

some mad grogs itt.

gonna donate to HG in all your names.

I'm sorry too that chester bennington killed himself. Please don't take it out on us

ditty bout my clitty
May 28, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

Gwaihir posted:

Even when bringing up MechCommander (Which is what I was about to do!), after you grew past your first 4 much and filled out to a full roster of 12 (I think that was the max drop), you end up moving from microing 4 Mechs to microing 4 control groups of 3 Mechs each. At least I did. I don't think there's anything wrong with that, and I do think you gain some fun as a player with more units under your direct command- It lets you specialize more, and being able to unleash 5 LRM Mechs at once while also barreling in with some AC20 bruisers is really satisfying.

Missionforce cyberstorm did fine with larger rosters. Don't see why this can't do the same.

ditty bout my clitty
May 28, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe
Limiting you to fewer mechs encourages savescumming to a larger degree, I'm guessing that missions have to be balanced around a full roster so losing about a quarter of your fighting strength depending on the mech to an unlucky crit means struggling uphill for the rest of the mission.
Cyberstorm gave you about twenty mec, sorry, hercs to juggle in the later missions, which meant taking a few losses wasn't that big of a deal.

ditty bout my clitty
May 28, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

Cyrano4747 posted:

Maybe, but who cares about save scumming? Balance the game so that if you take a few losses it's not a huge deal to the larger campaign, and if players want to save scum let them. It's one of those things that I"ve never understood getting hung up on to the point that you change core game mechanics to discourage it.

Mechcommander disabled saving during missions, and I think it's better off for it, even though good pilots were hard to come by.

E: for anyone jonesing for tactical robit action, I highly recommend cyberstorm. It's free and there are unofficial patches around that make it W7/8/10 compatible
https://archive.org/details/missionforce-cyberstorm

ditty bout my clitty fucked around with this message at 19:03 on Dec 27, 2017

ditty bout my clitty
May 28, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

Cyrano4747 posted:

That does nothing to stop save scumming, it just forces save scummers to restart the mission.

That's the point, it raises the threshold for using the load button. My habit of "rerolling" bad turns in Xcom makes me a worse player and makes the game altogether less fun for me, but there's no "bronzeman" toggle.

ditty bout my clitty
May 28, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe
Not hard at all as long as you focus on the movement/sight/armor/firing mechanics and not think about how X/Y/Z weapon does .1 damage more than it should, "optimal builds", or how any of the technology in the game would work in real life.

ditty bout my clitty
May 28, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

Taerkar posted:

I played Mission 3 in Mechcommander far more than any other mission in that game.

That Mad Cat WILL BE MINE

I cheesed it with artillery on my fifth attempt or so.

ditty bout my clitty
May 28, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

Section Z posted:

Any amount of mechs will encourage savescumming so long as "Whoops, looks like team rocket's head shot again!" is a factor of the series :v:

That said, fun policing save/loads is always a losing proposition anyways unless you are just looking for cheep buzzword cred anyways. The majority of such concerns being hard line tends to revolve around Leaderboards ™ anyways. Though some games to it unobtrusively without impacting the funhaving, other games will go "We did a re-release but removed NG+ letting you go on an early equipment revenge spree. Because leaderboards, I guess" like the ninja gaiden games.

It's more an issue of me taking advantage of a feature if it's there. More videa gaems should do a bronzeman feature, where saves are limited and having to make due with what you got doesn't make the game weirdly unbalanced.

E:To drag Xcom into this again, it's surprisingly easy to get to a "no-win" state if you let the RNG do it's thing and play the game somewhat suboptimally, especially on higher difficulties.

ditty bout my clitty fucked around with this message at 20:52 on Dec 27, 2017

ditty bout my clitty
May 28, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

Q_res posted:

Well, this game does have an optional Ironman Mode. So you can turn off save scumming.

Good

ditty bout my clitty
May 28, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe
Hide the best one in case you get murdered

ditty bout my clitty
May 28, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe
I wonder how much stuff went out the window because of HG.

ditty bout my clitty
May 28, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe
Was the last one Phros?

ditty bout my clitty
May 28, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

Freakazoid_ posted:

Orchestral music is overused af and does not get me pumped to punch another machine in the face with my punch machine.

*Sigh*

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-DWyuWh7gPA

ditty bout my clitty
May 28, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe
Rural urbanmechs

ditty bout my clitty
May 28, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe
It sounds like being a line chef except with robots and lasers

ditty bout my clitty
May 28, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe
Analyzing->Explaining———>Analplaining

ditty bout my clitty
May 28, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

Hawgh posted:

I'd successfully achieved a detached enthusiasm, but then I watched the yogscast video.

Now every moment is an exercise in excruciating awareness that I will have to wait probably at least a month to play this cool giant robot game.

This is why I won’t watch it

ditty bout my clitty
May 28, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe
I'm even going to wait until a week post release so that they've probably patched out game-breaking jank. Shadowrun hong kong was in a sorry state for months post release

ditty bout my clitty
May 28, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

Zaodai posted:

If it was in a sorry state for months, what is denying yourself a week of gameplay and then dealing with the jank anyway going to solve. :thunk:

Game-breaking jank, as in stuff making the game literally impossible to play.

ditty bout my clitty
May 28, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

Cowcaster posted:

elaborating on this, am i understanding this correctly, that not only did harmony gold make the mistake of picking a target with the resources available to meet them in court, which is the exact opposite of what a copyright troll is supposed to do, the ensuing legal battle revealed that they never possessed ownership of the property they were claiming to have in the first place?

In the world of litigation, this is called being donkey kong’d.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Universal_City_Studios,_Inc._v._Nintendo_Co.,_Ltd.

TL;DR universal studios sues nintendo for infringing on a trademark universal didn’t own.
Laffs were had.

ditty bout my clitty fucked around with this message at 20:17 on Apr 5, 2018

ditty bout my clitty
May 28, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

AAAAA! Real Muenster posted:

The Archer looks remarkably like a Mad Dog with normal legs and arms. At least to me.

The Mad Dog and the Hellbringer got me through most of mw2, which is why they hold a special place in my heart.

ditty bout my clitty
May 28, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

School Nickname posted:

Two LRM20s + two ERPPCs baby! Worked pretty much perfectly outside the trials and one mission where you start with a Warhawk in your face.

This is uncanny. How many rolled with double LRMs plus double PPCs on the mad dog in MW2?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ditty bout my clitty
May 28, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

Cyrano4747 posted:

Yeah IItB is good

But not as much turn-based tactics as a block puzzle with a pacific rim skin