Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Skoll
Jul 26, 2013

Oh You'll Love My Toxic Love
Grimey Drawer

Gwaihir posted:

Context matters and this atlas isn't roasting furries :colbert:

Furry roastage is implied

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Skoll
Jul 26, 2013

Grimey Drawer

Paingod556 posted:

Going back to MW:VR since everyone posted while I slept- remember the MWO specific HOTAS controllers? The ones that looked like the successor to the Steel Battalion controller, but designed explicitly for MWO?

Because :pgi: sure as hell wants you to forget. Until and unless they get a working physical product out, don't believe anything they say. HBS has a pedigree with Shadowrun, while PGI has a Die Hard game no one played and the MP component of DNF as their background.

Their best decision? Getting that guy who redesigned the 'Mechs. Bringing it back around to robot aesthetics cause they do look real good, concept art did anyway

Those were called the Artemis and they were dumb as hell and never moved past concept prototype. Especially since MWO is absolute rear end to play with a joystick.

Skoll
Jul 26, 2013

Grimey Drawer
Burn all the animes

Skoll
Jul 26, 2013

Grimey Drawer

Sky Shadowing posted:

Oh for my part I'll be able to mod in anyone I want, but given that this was a part of the Kickstarter and that's not something you should have to know how to do, this is the first thing that's made me have a bad taste in my mouth.

Not like that isn't something they can do in a post launch patch, they know how much of a desired feature it is.

Skoll
Jul 26, 2013

Grimey Drawer

DatonKallandor posted:

I so don't care about renaming Mechwarriors it's ridiculous. That has no impact on the gameplay whatsoever and the gameplay is what I want to play this for.

You may not care about it but for a LOT of people it helps their immersion and helps them care more about the game.

Skoll
Jul 26, 2013

Grimey Drawer
meXwarrior : Dropship Defense

Skoll
Jul 26, 2013

Grimey Drawer
The Telephone Man

Skoll
Jul 26, 2013

Grimey Drawer

high six posted:

Have they said in April when it's releasing? This is important.

No confirmation. Best guess is the 24th.

Skoll
Jul 26, 2013

Grimey Drawer

Caros posted:

The fanatical link above for pre-order says April 29th.

Steam games usually release on Tuesdays, so my money is on the 24th honestly.

Skoll
Jul 26, 2013

Grimey Drawer

Drone posted:

This isn't hard and fast though, and Paradox also does Thursday releases about as often as Tuesdays.

You're correct but I see Tuesday launches more often than not. Either way we only have a month or so to go.

Skoll
Jul 26, 2013

Grimey Drawer
SO THIS IS WHAT HBS IS DOING WITH MY INVESTMENT, TAKING THE WEEKEND OFF?! CALL THE SEC!

Skoll
Jul 26, 2013

Grimey Drawer
https://www.twitch.tv/paradoxinteractive

Stream should be live soon. Join us in discord (link in the op) to discuss it.

Skoll
Jul 26, 2013

Grimey Drawer

IAmThatIs posted:

So I ended up pre-ordering :negative:

I've seen other people playing the game, but when I try to play it says it's not out yet. Do I have to opt in to a beta?

This is probably the one pre order you won't regret, given HBS track record.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Skoll
Jul 26, 2013

Grimey Drawer

Taintrunner posted:

RANT TIME

Super Godspeed Gears release: don't worry, no spoilers.

Showed up at seven, in full firesuit for a nine am release. Devoted no? I was one of the few to dress up, and I was the best-dressed. I'm not being vain, I honestly had the most detailed and accurate costume there.

We were told in line, that the best-dressed person in line gets to open the box and have the first Super Godspeed Gears. So, I'm a shoo-in, aren't I?

WRONG.

loving Kiryu brings his bratty sprog in at 8:59am dressed in a generic Poppo cape with stars and glitter and loving gaudy BLAH. Taobao for a slot car.

OMG WITTLE PWESHUS SO CUTE OMG YOU CAN OPEN THE BOX AND HAVE THIS GEAR YOU CAN'T OPTIMIZE FOR MAX PERFORMANCE AND fawning fawning, blatant breederism etc

THE loving KID WON'T EVEN REMEMBER THIS. THE BOX OPENING WAS MINE. MIIIIINE.

I wouldn't have minded if someone had said "Oh look Majima, you are best-dressed

but would you mind if this swordfish launcher amputee opened the box instead?" I would

have said "Absolutely no problem. Go for it." But no. loving NUGGET

GETS THE HONOUR. I'm furious. On principle of course, not out of any sense of entitlement. Well yes, entitlement also. But I WORKED FOR IT, I DESERVED IT.

I made an effort. I spent a million yen making an effort. I showed up early. I will remember and treasure this event for ever and eternity. And I'm passed over for an ugly little brat with a sparkly tie. Woo loving woo.

I didn't stab her in the eye with my shadowblade. I WANTED to. I talked about doing so

VERY loving LOUDLY. I was going to eviscerate her guardian with the sharp end of my

safety cone.

I loving hate Kiryu and child-lovers. loving GO TO HELL.

I'm so pissed about this, sorry. It's just that in ten years time, this kid won't remember what she was doing on December 16th 2005. In ten years time, I will be remembering how I was deprived of this nerdly honor by an opportunistic twat breeder and her shitling. I'm hurt. All my life, nothing has gotten to me more than being deliberately ignored, or passed over. Honestly; that's the sort of thing that can make me cry in public. Or key your car. Or viciously murder you and your family in the heat of frustration and never-ending denial

Congratulations breeders, you win.

Edited to add: To all of you who are calling me immature etc, I'd like to add that you make a very good point, but have you considered GO gently caress YOURSELF? If you're so anal-retentive, go back to the other community and go on with your breeder-humping. Also, to the person who submitted this to fandom_wank, I seriously (no sarcasm) thank you. I've always wanted to be there!

Reading this was physically painful.