Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Captain Beans
Aug 5, 2004

Whar be the beans?
Hair Elf
Getting in to mech stomping since MW5 and Battletech are on gamepass - really enjoying MW5 at the moment but I want to get into Battltech after I wrap the campaign in MW5.

Lots of conflicting advice about Battletech in terms of using mods on the first playthrough of the campaign...Can anyone give their perspectives on vanilla campaign vs mods for a first playthrough?

In MW5 for example I'm quite glad I ended up playing even my very first campaign with some mods (I didn't go full YAML though), especially the Coyote mission mod to give the game some extra variety. But maybe Battletech doesn't have that problem.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain Beans
Aug 5, 2004

Whar be the beans?
Hair Elf

biosterous posted:

specific QoL/minor tweak mods i would recommend for a first run:

Crystal Clear (graphics options not available via the in-game menus! the rain particle effect just makes things unclear and hurts my eyes a bit, this removes it)

Colorful Combatants (pirates have more colours, yay, fun)

Pilot Health Popup (so you don't have to remember if this is the first time you've done a pilot hit to someone, or if you've already banged them up)

Better Headlights (it just looks nice)

Battletech QoL by BTNomad (auto-skip the repetitive enter/leave orbit, dock/undock cutscenes, selectively tell your crew to stop warning you about funds/training/repairs)

BTMLColorLOSMod (makes it absolutely clear if you'll be shooting someone's front/side/rear arc when you move)

Perfect thanks for sharing, and to everyone else

Captain Beans
Aug 5, 2004

Whar be the beans?
Hair Elf
(MW5) Are there any crate overhaul mods that are safe to use in coop? It seems like stacked crates will crash coop :(

Captain Beans
Aug 5, 2004

Whar be the beans?
Hair Elf
How widespread/common are the LAMs in BTA? Does the AI use them?

About to finish up the base game campaign and I might start a BTA career play next, trying to figure what version of BTA to go with

Captain Beans
Aug 5, 2004

Whar be the beans?
Hair Elf

CompeAnansi posted:

Playing RogueTech again. New season is pretty fun. Big overhauls to artillery and stuff. If you're new to the mod I highly recommend going generous salvage and generous payments, ignoring the difficulty modifier, and just having fun building stupid stuff. But you probably do want to play on the online map, ally with a faction, and register with the discord so that you can use the online shops as they massively ease the difficulty curve.

what in the world, they added a Helldivers type overworld map to a BattleTech mod. wowza. I'll probably never play it but thats pretty impressive