Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bussamove
Feb 25, 2006

Man, loading up a mech with a ton of SRMs to shotgun other mechs in the back should be way more rewarding than it is. :( I'm kind of disappointed with missiles in general, although part of that is the RNG nature of attacks. More shots means more chances for then to veer off and only damage armor instead of cleaving off a limb in a single shot, I guess.

I an loving the poo poo out of this Firestarter though. Stripped off the MGs and threw two more flamers on there for maximum overheating and its the bees knees.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bussamove
Feb 25, 2006

AndrewP posted:

wow Mech refitting is pretty overwhelming and I'm new to Battletech. am I okay to run stock for a few contracts until I get some better gear? I feel like trying to do anything will just make things worse

Stock is fine for a bit and eventually you'll get a feel for what weapons are good at what. Eventually specializing each of your mechs into something specific (long range, precision to blow off limbs, flamers to overheat and shut down enemy mechs, etc) is a good idea. Its a lot to get a hold on but eventually it clicks. Its less about better gear and finding the loadout that works for your mech and your playstyle.

Bussamove
Feb 25, 2006

Dallan Invictus posted:

Is there some reason I can't counterpunch the hostile Firestarter that is now standing in melee range of my Shadow Hawk (because it meleed me on its phase). Because I really want to knock it the gently caress out (and also FOR SOME REASON my heat is now so high that I really need to not use any weapons right this second).

Your heat skyrocketed because a Firestarter punched you and then unloaded its flamers into your mech. Support weapons fire after melee attacks, and foamers specifically jack your heat up but do very little damage.

Bussamove
Feb 25, 2006

Its amazing how different a mission can go just from restarting it, doing the same thing you did before, and seeing how the AI/RNG treats you. This really is the authentic BattleTech experience. :v:

Bussamove
Feb 25, 2006

Jack2142 posted:

Weldry I went through without much damage, game crashes and I have to redo it... Jaeger shows up knocks my Vindicator with Behemoth in it over with help from the trebuchet and tear off every component of except the right leg before cockpitting them.

I just scrapped the Vindicator because lol replacing essentially the entire mech.

My Behemoth got gacked on my recover the Argo mission. :( But I am steadfastly holding on to Glitch and her loving adorable voice clips so all is well.