Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Zippy the Bummer
Dec 14, 2008

Silent Majority
The Don
LORD COMMANDER OF THE UKRAINIAN ARMED FORCES
its a good trailer im hype ive already seen the "spoilers" of which i assume most are true and some not like previous seasons

bring forth season 7

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zippy the Bummer
Dec 14, 2008

Silent Majority
The Don

Waltzing Along posted:

Yeah. I'm hoping someone has the updated spoilers and can post them. Last I saw are about 6 months old.

pretty sure that's the most recent

Zippy the Bummer
Dec 14, 2008

Silent Majority
The Don

I think that must be the one i'm thinking of

Zippy the Bummer
Dec 14, 2008

Silent Majority
The Don
GoT is a very good show. By its lonesome it might not compare to some other shows, but it falters mainly because that fat gently caress won't ever finish writing the story.

A lot of HBO shows have been better. But compare it to most shows on TV, period. Even some period cycles. It's pretty good.

Zippy the Bummer
Dec 14, 2008

Silent Majority
The Don

bloom posted:

Up until the last two seasons I would have agreed, but things have gone downhill and fast. It's still a visually impressive show, but the writing has gotten real dumb. Sure the source material sucks/isn't there past the first 3 books, but that doesn't excuse the show spending its budget on tits and cgi instead of hiring some decent writers to compensate for grrm being a lazy fat gently caress.

Also we're no longer in the times where HBO is the only source for not-poo poo TV, so there's plenty of competition.

you're not wrong

over all i'd give GoT a 6.5 out of 10 so far, although the first few seasons would get an easy 7 or 8 out of me

Zippy the Bummer
Dec 14, 2008

Silent Majority
The Don
my jenny kill!!!

Zippy the Bummer
Dec 14, 2008

Silent Majority
The Don
that episode rocked the gently caress right out of my face

Zippy the Bummer
Dec 14, 2008

Silent Majority
The Don
isnt it odd how they just give up the Prince and Princess monikers for Jon's siblings. Actually it isnt odd at all, because the showrunners never gave a poo poo about any of that after season two. And honestly it doesnt really matter. What does piss me off in a very spergy fashion is the fact that the Kings in the North never get to wear a god drat crown.

Euron got to wear his loving wood lookin turd crown, but Robb and Jon dont get the cool-rear end iron and bronze one? WTF?

Zippy the Bummer
Dec 14, 2008

Silent Majority
The Don

Toadvine posted:

That shot of Jaime galloping on a white horse through a flaming battlefield was sick as hell

truth and wisdom

Zippy the Bummer
Dec 14, 2008

Silent Majority
The Don
I think we can all agree, for however many faults the ep might have had, that battle scene was loving

ILL

AS

gently caress

Zippy the Bummer
Dec 14, 2008

Silent Majority
The Don

impossiboobs posted:

Why would they call the other Starks Prince or Princess? Robert's brothers weren't Princes, they were Lords of House Baratheon. Jon doesn't have any kids so there are no Princes or Princesses of the North atm. Robb had a crown when he first declared himself King in the North.

Edit: I don't know if you're referring just to the show. I don't actually remember if Robb wore a crown in the show but they definitely make a point of him wearing a bronze crown in the books (which ends up with Lady Stoneheart when she's hanging everyone in the Riverlands).

Didn't they call Bran "Prince" after Robb became King in the North? They did in the books, but like I said, it doesnt really matter, just a spergy point. And yeah, Robb totes has a cool crown, all the kings in the War of the Five Kings have crowns. In the books (spergy). Just wondering why only the Baratheons and Euron get crowns in the show......

I realize this is a petty and unimportant thing

Zippy the Bummer
Dec 14, 2008

Silent Majority
The Don
I believe those leaks are from the same source that turned out to be accurate last season

lol

Zippy the Bummer
Dec 14, 2008

Silent Majority
The Don
she firmly believes Tyrion is scurrying around inside the walls

Zippy the Bummer
Dec 14, 2008

Silent Majority
The Don
Sandor, Davos, Tormund, and Beric are still cool characters imo

Zippy the Bummer
Dec 14, 2008

Silent Majority
The Don
why is Davos always saying that he's not a fighter? He survived the Blackwater (by luck mostly, but still) and led the infantry charge at the Battle of the Bastards (and survived)

Zippy the Bummer
Dec 14, 2008

Silent Majority
The Don
Bronn easily has the highest power level of any character on the show

Zippy the Bummer
Dec 14, 2008

Silent Majority
The Don
where do the kings/queens of Westeros get buried anyway

did Cersei blow up her son's tomb

Zippy the Bummer
Dec 14, 2008

Silent Majority
The Don
https://youtu.be/eJptaHqta1Q?t=1

edit: i think the lingering shot of Roose's smile makes me laugh more than anything else

Zippy the Bummer fucked around with this message at 11:55 on Mar 13, 2019

Zippy the Bummer
Dec 14, 2008

Silent Majority
The Don
there is a thread for it in TVIV. It's just, you know....kind of a token gesture at this point

Zippy the Bummer
Dec 14, 2008

Silent Majority
The Don
GoT Finale: Ned Comes Back With Sansa's Wolf and Kills the Night King

Zippy the Bummer
Dec 14, 2008

Silent Majority
The Don
Cersei is not only stupid but loving evil too. Lady Felyse (house stokeworth i think) comes running to her crying about how Bronn killed her dad or some poo poo, and while Felyse is crying in her lap Cersei is just like, "Huh, this bitch is a nuisance, I'll get rid of her by giving her to Qyburn to do torture experiments upon"

Then Qyburn tortures Felyse to death over the course of weeks

Zippy the Bummer
Dec 14, 2008

Silent Majority
The Don
episode needed more Davos

also I will be sad if Alys Karstark gets killed. Also, gently caress the Glovers "tee hee imma just gonna sit in my castle in the forest and wait to die lol"

Manderly better show up and do something good. Or is he still at Winterfell, my stream cut out a few times

Zippy the Bummer
Dec 14, 2008

Silent Majority
The Don
This is the only battle set up where the Unsullied could actually use their strengths (elite soldiers trained to fight as a phalanx) and they are fighting a mostly-infantry horde that is presumed will run mindlessly at them. So I expect they will all die in some dumb way.

Zippy the Bummer
Dec 14, 2008

Silent Majority
The Don
the whole show will die in episode five. Episode six will be an hour of cutesy behind-the-scenes shots of the cast and crew joshing around and joking on set while "Here's to the Night" by Eve 6 plays on a loop

Zippy the Bummer
Dec 14, 2008

Silent Majority
The Don
I'm excited to watch this on a lovely stream that cuts out every 30 seconds and gives me malware

Zippy the Bummer
Dec 14, 2008

Silent Majority
The Don
I enjoyed the episode. And my stream actually worked pretty well, surprisingly

Zippy the Bummer
Dec 14, 2008

Silent Majority
The Don
my only complaints about this episode are that several scenes were too dark to see what was happening, and that Sansa and Tyrion didn't have a fight scene in the crypt where they stand back to back and shiv zombies

Zippy the Bummer
Dec 14, 2008

Silent Majority
The Don
Bran and Jon are responsible for the fact that the undead army was able to get past the Wall. I don't know if the show mentions it, it kind of hints at it, but the wall has magic spells that prevent the Walkers and their zombies from getting over, under, or through it. Kind of like the spell protecting the wizard's cave. But Bran hosed this up.

Bran's gently caress up #1: He uses his remote viewing magic to confront the Night King because he thinks NK can't see him (wrong). The NK grabs his arm and marks him. Basically making a magic tether between himself and Bran, which is how he gets into the cave.

Bran's gently caress up #2: He flees south of the wall. This ruins the spells protecting the wall. He's pulling the NK along with him. Would have been better if Bran had just died in the cave instead.

So now the wall can be breached by the Walkers and their zombies. This would still take a while though and the wall is still a formidable structure if properly garrisoned. So Jon helpfully provides the Night King with a loving dragon to make the process quicker.

lol

Zippy the Bummer
Dec 14, 2008

Silent Majority
The Don
Eat the horses, put the Dothraki on the walltops. Jon and Dany should be dragon-strafing the zombie horde the instant the zombies show up. "Flanking maneuvers" aren't going to matter against a 200,000+ horde of zombies that don't think and just mindlessly charge at any living human

but really the whole "draw out the Night King to get a shot at him cause his death will end it" was a good plan, even if you destroy his zombies, he'll just get more if you don't kill him

Zippy the Bummer
Dec 14, 2008

Silent Majority
The Don
yeah i read that on Gizmodo i think

Zippy the Bummer
Dec 14, 2008

Silent Majority
The Don
i enjoyed the episode but Jamie going back to Cersei might be the dumbest thing in the show thus far, no exaggeration

Zippy the Bummer
Dec 14, 2008

Silent Majority
The Don
I've been saying for years that the direwolves should be lovely looking animatronics like the evil wolf from Neverending Story, and they should speak like that too

because it would be funny

Zippy the Bummer
Dec 14, 2008

Silent Majority
The Don
why is Tormund going back north

my stream cut out a few times so I must have missed that. What is even left up north

Zippy the Bummer
Dec 14, 2008

Silent Majority
The Don
it would be pretty boring if Arya killed both of the end bosses

Zippy the Bummer
Dec 14, 2008

Silent Majority
The Don
I thought this episode was pretty good, personally

Zippy the Bummer
Dec 14, 2008

Silent Majority
The Don
I like watching those Burlington Bar GoT reaction videos because I like watching idiots cry and get upset

I also like BStucThaPoet's GoT reviews because they are usually quite funny

Zippy the Bummer
Dec 14, 2008

Silent Majority
The Don
They should have had the dragons eat more people instead of just burning them

get some Jurassic Park poo poo in there

Zippy the Bummer
Dec 14, 2008

Silent Majority
The Don
Dany was born on the ship during the escape to whatever city it was in Essos, during a storm, hence the "Stormborn" moniker. Now just let me adjust my glasses

Also I wonder how much of the fan rage at Dany going nuts has to do with the fact that lots of show-watchers mess around on their phones so that they can live-tweet their very important REACTIONS instead of watching the whole episode, and then being upset and annoyed when they don't understand this or that

Zippy the Bummer
Dec 14, 2008

Silent Majority
The Don

A GLISTENING HODOR posted:

I demand a remake of Game of Thrones but do it like the Ralph Bakshi Lord of the Rings where it's hideous animation and the story stops around halfway through AFFC and a narrator says "Thus ends the tale of A Song of Ice and Fire".

gently caress u Hodor the studio didn't sign on for more movies to finish the story that's why Bakshi didn't finish it, also his adaptation owns

fight me

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zippy the Bummer
Dec 14, 2008

Silent Majority
The Don
IT'S OVER! IT'S FINALLY OVERRRR!!!!!!!